90+ ppl: When did u start studying? (1 Viewer)

CrashOveride

HSC
Did most people who did 4u math find they spent most of time on this?
I would say seroius studying for me was spent 5% 3u math, 5% phys, 90% 4umath

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
CrashOveride said:
Did most people who did 4u math find they spent most of time on this?
I would say seroius studying for me was spent 5% 3u math, 5% phys, 90% 4umath
so true....4u maths just totally takes over

FinalFantasy

HSC
thaoroxy2001 said:
so true....4u maths just totally takes over
i am class of 2005.. just started HSC.... doing 4U maths and my 3unit maths took all da study time instead of 4u... barely had time for studying 4u bcoz my stupid school had an accelerated class and that class(the only 4u class, and all doing 4u) has learnt all 2\3u stuff and i haven't(i wasn't accelerated). The class went on everyday(13 4u maths lessons\2 weeks) and the stupid teacher doesn't care about me if i haven't learnt something which is required in da 4u lol. so yea it sucks if theres 'accelerated' classes in 4u and dey don't care about u. it will take ur time more.. anyway this is not quite relevant to da topic=P just wanted to state the unfairness i was experiencing.. was quite annoyed at the time. no more of this bs anymore though:)

Last edited:

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
i am class of 2005.. just started HSC.... doing 4U maths and my 3unit maths took all da study time instead of 4u... barely had time for studying 4u bcoz my stupid school had an accelerated class and that class(all doing 4u) has learnt all 2\3u stuff and i haven't. The class went on everyday(10 4u maths lessons\2 weeks) and the stupid teacher doesn't care about me if i haven't learnt something which is required in da 4u lol. so yea it sucks if theres 'accelerated' classes in 4u and dey don't care about u. it will take ur time more
my solution....sue the school.....or get a tutor.....That's tough man! like one girl at my school who was really behind in her 4 unit had heaps of help from my teacher ..... like after school classes etc. ....

FinalFantasy

HSC
hahaha, yea it sucked, and worst of all.. i had to go ALTERNATE CLASSES... half my lessons i go to 2\3u, half i go to 4u, so all da others get 13 4u lessons a cycle and i only get about 6-7.
lol, that was only for term 4 though, think it's not like that starting term 1:)

*rinney*

HSC
ha i didnt study throughout the year at all. i did a month study for each hsc exam (like 4 weeks before paper one, four weeks before history etc) and that was sufficient, just made my own notes under every syllabus dot point and did practice responses and made sure my weak points were covered. seemed to work well. i fucked up my trials tho cuz of major works which collided with trials...so didnt really study for them as well as i could have.

truespirit_jj

Well...

I never really poured all my energy into studying throughout Year12.
I just enough I think... I got UAI 95.15

Kulazzi

HSC
a family friend of mine started studying since prelim, not sure when during that period, but she did chemistry, physics, english extension 1 and maths extension 2 UAI ----> 98.9. She fully worked her butt off, considering she started since prelim, she was realy happy. Now she's just enjoying most of her social life (she didn't go out at all since year 12) before she moves down to adelaide/melbourne to do medicine.

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
I've always been a crammer...I never did much homework because I honestly was exhausted by the end of every school day. I don't know how people have the energy to come home and keep working, I had headaches by 3pm each day.

I spent stuvac very leisurely catching up on most of the topics I never finished during school. Then when the exams started I realised with a huge panic that I had not revised at all, so I went into psycho mode doing 8-9 hours a day of solid study desperately trying to cram it all in. In the weeks where I had heaps of exams I went crazy, I literally started studying for extension history at 5pm the night before the exam.

In the end, I got 98.35. I guess it's just a matter of knowing how you learn - for me, if I involve myself in class then study is ok, plus I have a really good short term memory so basically I remember things really well for the 3 hour exam period and then forget it all a week later.

04er

HSC
I gradually started in Year 10, after my mum realised I was using the computer for chatting rather than study. In yr. 12 I studied from 5-10pm weekdays and 8-10 hrs/day on weekends.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
year 12 class of 2005 ... been on holidays overseas ... and now all i do is write in my ee2 journal which i count as "study" ... shou;d i start "studying" my other subjects soon ._____o" ...

also... i have screwed up my first assessment tasks in like half of my subjects.. like.. really screwed... and they were worth like 20% ... is it still possible for me to get uai 98 ?

04er

HSC
boasboy said:
year 12 class of 2005 ... been on holidays overseas ... and now all i do is write in my ee2 journal which i count as "study" ... shou;d i start "studying" my other subjects soon ._____o" ...

also... i have screwed up my first assessment tasks in like half of my subjects.. like.. really screwed... and they were worth like 20% ... is it still possible for me to get uai 98 ?
stop doubting, stop procrastinating and start doing. Yes, that means ALL of your subjects. It's only been 1 term so yes you can still get 98 UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)