99 UAI with no Premier's award? (1 Viewer)

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
The dux of my school this year is going to get ~80 UAI, maybe a little higher if I ace physics on friday :D.

On topic: People who get premier's awards are awesome.
u dux of ur school?
hey, good on ya man. sure u'll do fine.

rcandelori

Who gives a shit about a stupid politician's award? If you get 99 or over thats a bloody good achievement. All it would do is inflate your ego...big bloody whoop.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
the girl who duxed my old school when I was in year 8 got a 100 UAI and didn;t get a premier's award
from then onwards THe premiers award became a crock in my mind, even back then.

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
The dux of my school this year is going to get ~80 UAI, maybe a little higher if I ace physics on friday :D.

On topic: People who get premier's awards are awesome.
Lol same. scary isnt it that ppl are getting 99+
im ranked first in all of my subjects but if i get over uai 93 ill be SOOOOO happy.

Its out of my hands now tho. comes down to BOS scaling etc.

EATAPIE

HSC
sikeveo said:
I'm pretty sure its 90. 93 may be the Ministers Award for Excellence.
no, im pritty sure it's 90. but minister's award for excellence is topping any subject.(ie 1st in the state in one subject)

EATAPIE

HSC
rcandelori said:
Who gives a shit about a stupid politician's award? If you get 99 or over thats a bloody good achievement. All it would do is inflate your ego...big bloody whoop.
oi mate, just shut up alrite.
im not asking bcos i want both a premier's award AND a 99 uai. I just don't think i can get a premier's award and im wondering whether its still possible to get 99.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
EATAPIE said:
no, im pritty sure it's 90. but minister's award for excellence is topping any subject.(ie 1st in the state in one subject)
That's what I said :) Yeh there is another award where you get $2k. Australian Students prize - i think.

avalonian

HSC
hey dont ever just tell urself u wont get a premiers award, god knows what happens in the scaling centre but whatever happens in there u neva kno the mark ur gonna get out. Im pretty sure u can 99 if u dont get a premiers award, the premiers award isnt just based on uai, its a combination of the marks in all ur subjects proving ur an all rounder, if ur like a freak at maths but only ok at english then u can still get an awesome uai, premier's award just awards excellence across the board

Prashanthy

j for johnny
in the purple-lined palace of sweet sin, where the
HSC
i have a question about the premiers award. (the all rounder one) say u accelerated in one 2 unit subject last year (ie in yr 11), and u got a band 6, and then you get 8 units of band 6 this year, wen u actually d all your other exams. Dus this mean u CAN'T be an all-rounder? or do the 2 units from the previous year count?

EATAPIE

HSC
Prashanthy said:
i have a question about the premiers award. (the all rounder one) say u accelerated in one 2 unit subject last year (ie in yr 11), and u got a band 6, and then you get 8 units of band 6 this year, wen u actually d all your other exams. Dus this mean u CAN'T be an all-rounder? or do the 2 units from the previous year count?
that is a VERY good question actually.
I wonder, cos i did 2unit maths last year as well. but i dont think it can count for me since i do 4 unit now.

EATAPIE

HSC
sikeveo said:
That's what I said :) Yeh there is another award where you get $2k. Australian Students prize - i think.
i think that prize with $2000 is if ur in the top 1000 students in the whole country, so not just in the HSC. only 2 or 3 ppl in my school got it last year, and you basically need 99.95 or 100UAI to be in the top 1000 ppl in the country.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I just snuck in by one mark in a one unit subject, I got 99.4. That subject wouldnt have counted to my uai and if it did i doubt getting one less mark wouldve affected my UAI. So yes, its very possible.

EATAPIE

HSC
acmilan said:
I just snuck in by one mark in a one unit subject, I got 99.4. That subject wouldnt have counted to my uai and if it did i doubt getting one less mark wouldve affected my UAI. So yes, its very possible.
hey acmilan, thanks for the assurance.
Congrats on ur marks btw. saw ur raw marks on some other thread. and thanks for posting them. :)

CrashOveride

HSC
Trebla said:
Last year a guy at our school got:
English (2U): 88/100
English Extension 1 (1U): 46/50
English Extension 2 (1U): 41/50
Mathematics Extension 1 (2U): 99/100
Mathematics Extension 2 (2U): 99/100 (2nd in the state)
Physics (2U): 96/100
Chemistry (2U): 92/100

2004 UAI: 99.85

Hahahaha lol. Only 2 more marks (at least) to get a premier award.
That would really piss you off if you are only like a mark or two away from getting it lol. Had he done better in English 2 unit, then he might have scored 99.95 or even 100.00.
lol that was hong

rcandelori

It is interesting that a 4 Unit English student (the one that Trebla was referring to) did not achieve a better result in regular advanced English. Usually, extension 1 helps you do better at advanced.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Prashanthy said:
Yes you can. One girl from my school last year did Pathways from 2003 to 2004 and only got something like 6 units' worth of band 6s last year, so she must've done at least 4 units' worth of band 6s in 2003. I heard people doing Pathways with our year (2004-2005) talk about her.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
EATAPIE said:
i think that prize with $2000 is if ur in the top 1000 students in the whole country, so not just in the HSC. only 2 or 3 ppl in my school got it last year, and you basically need 99.95 or 100UAI to be in the top 1000 ppl in the country.
nah cos i know someone who got it with 99.75

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)