A Clockwork Orange (1 Viewer)

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
I recently just watched this movie.

Who has seen it and whats your view, thoughts on it?

Apparently, the ending in the book is different to the ending in the movie. In the book, Alex changes, but in the movie, at the end, he is back to where he started.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
love the movie... wasnt a big fan of the book, couldnt get into it. burgess was really unhappy with kubrick because of the differences between the book and the movie.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
alot has changed....the movie is gud and the book is amazing, but so fuckin confussing, itts a troubling read

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
a complicated plot with simple "morals" coming out. superb direction.

Abbeygale

HSC
It's not as straightforward as 'the book was this way, but the movie changed it'.
There are actually two versions of Burgess' novel. The movie is based on the American version, including the ending. The British version of the book had an extra chapter, about Alex's reformation. Kubrick preferred the ending of the American version, and so based the movie on it.

pompador

i must say it has the most amusing sex scene i've ever veiwed. The threesome with the two girls from the candy store.
I havent read the book, i should. are you using it for a particular subject?

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
im gonna go read it again now actually

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
pompador said:
i must say it has the most amusing sex scene i've ever veiwed. The threesome with the two girls from the candy store.
I havent read the book, i should. are you using it for a particular subject?
Yeah i read that the movie was originally rated X so they had to edit some things, and that scene was one of them, thus the reason it is sped up when you watch the movie.

Pierotte

HSC
Its one movie that genuinely give me the shivers..... dunno why, its a simple enough idea but... ahh i cant explain there just something about it

Couldnt get past the first chapter of the book, all the language was just too queer... but then again i tried a fair while ago, i may try again

Did anyone see the production of it at the Tin Shed Theatre in Wollongong???!!!???

It was BRILLIANT!!! ahh i wanna talk about the play version!

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
INXS said:
The language he created, it's called nadsat, i think its really cool and some what humerous.

http://www.clockworkorange.com/nadsat.shtml

This might be able to help you out.

Cheers :)

he uses russian words, eg droogies = friends in russia, devochka = girl , moloko bar = milk bar

i am russian but didnt pick that up , until my friend told me, and then i realised that he uses those words

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
none of Kubrick's films has never cease to impress me, if you guys like clockwork orange. you'll probably like this movie called Fight Club,ohe my god, the most amazing thing about that movie was that it ever got made.....

Last edited:

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Steven12 said:
none of Kubrick's films has ever cease to impress me, if you guys like clockwork orange. you'll probably like this movie called Fight Club,ohe my god, the most amazing thing about that movie was that it ever got made.....
Are you saying that you like Kubrick's films or that you don't like them?
And I think everyone's heard of Fight Club, don't worry.

spiny norman

HSC
I do like A Clockwork Orange quite a bit. It was the first Kubrick movie I'd seen and so is, in many ways, a sentimental favourite.

However, Paths Of Glory is possibly better: I don't know if there is a more moving movie ever made.

And Barry Lyndon is possibly the most beautiful looking movie ever made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)