A couple questions regarding Business/Finance at Macquarie and also CompSci (1 Viewer)

mrstripedshades

HSC
Is it better to do bachelor of Applied Finance w/ Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Finance and another major?

also, just wondering if these degrees would be hard for me considering I did nothing Business or Finance related in high school. From the requirements its pretty much just maths but I know sometimes they dont specify, and whats the macquarie equivalent of CompSci and is it rated or nah?

ty

si2136

HSC
N/A
It's fine if you haven't done a commerce-related subject in high school.

For your first question, I recommend Bachelor of Applied Finance with the degree of Bachelor of Commerce - Professional Accounting.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
If you are interested in doing finance, then doing applied finance would be better then doing Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Finance.

You should be fine pursing it with no experience in business/finance type subjects at school, and it will probably help the fact you've done three unit mathematics.

What industry/jobs are you interested in?

This is page from the computing department at Macquarie, and shows the degrees offered in this area
http://www.mq.edu.au/about/about-th...partments-and-centres/department-of-computing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)