A direct and harsh honest question to MQ/UTS students. DO you ever feel embarrassed? (1 Viewer)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: A direct and harsh honest question to MQ/UTS students. DO you ever feel embarrass

The irony is how the moderators in general, especially "brent012" know exactly what they are talking and are correct. Whereas, some other non-moderators are almost completely clueless and ignorant. You guys are kids, know the actual world and society before commenting and sharing your stupidity.
Most of the mods are actually quite old - except LHS and I (we're first years) - and so, have quite a fair bit more experience than most people on this site

For me, what I see is based on my siblings who both now have jobs after graduating and are in the health sciences (applied science and pharmacy). That's where what I see is different to quite a bit of the mod team since I don't think any of them are currently working in health science.

Back on topic, I don't think there's anything more embarassing than failing with marks below 30 - nuff said.

enoilgam

HSC
Re: A direct and harsh honest question to MQ/UTS students. DO you ever feel embarrass

Most of the mods are actually quite old - except LHS and I (we're first years) - and so, have quite a fair bit more experience than most people on this site
You and LHS the babies of the team - how sweet.

In all seriousness though, most of the Mods are students as well, so our advice is hardly gospel or whatever - there is nothing to say that our posts are better or worse than others. To be honest, on BoS, there are probably only one or two people whose opinions in certain areas I'd trust 100%.

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

The irony is how the moderators in general, especially "brent012" know exactly what they are talking and are correct. Whereas, some other non-moderators are almost completely clueless and ignorant. You guys are kids, know the actual world and society before commenting and sharing your stupidity.
m8, half of the "kids" on here aren't half as delusional as this "adult" you imply. What did you expect though? It is a HSC forum...

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
All I have to say is that OP must be used to getting spoon fed at H.S. so much so, that it is hard to him to learn independently. Judging by the amount of "help" threads he has made, he hasn't learnt a thing since the constructive criticism has been directed towards him.

Everyone isn't "attacking" him , but communicating to him, the hard honest truth ..... For him this may be hard to swallow.

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

All I have to say is that OP must be used to getting spoon fed at H.S. so much so, that it is hard to him to learn independently. Judging by the amount of "help" threads he has made, he hasn't learnt a thing since the constructive criticism has been directed towards him.

Everyone isn't "attacking" him , but communicating to him, the hard honest truth ..... For him this may be hard to swallow.
+1

In all seriousness, it seems that despite the hard truth being given, he will not listen to it and simply wait for a response which is one he wants to hear (e.g that he will get a top tier law job).

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

I disagree, the mods are among the worst users on this website.

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC

+1

In all seriousness, it seems that despite the hard truth being given, he will not listen to it and simply wait for a response which is one he wants to hear (e.g that he will get a top tier law job).
or he's the best troll ever.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

or he's the best troll ever.
You obviously didn't see my other posts further up the page :L

"Dude stay positive, although you're shit at uni, i must admit you're a pretty good troll."

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad

I went to the Ernest & Young 'meet and greet' program the other day and had a chance to speak to numerous commerce/law grads who got in last year. Approx. ~40 people get in each year and you need to maintain at least a Credit average. The starting salary for these grads ranged from 60-70k as a start. Of those 40 grads; ~10 were from UTS, ~ 14 from USYD, 14 from UNSW and 2 from Macquarie. To my surprise, there were no UWS students in one of the 'big 4'. I'm not making these stats up, you can go and talk to the grads yourself if you don't believe me. So alluding back to the question, Do I feel embarrassed? No. UTS is a fairly young university (25 years young) and UNSW (60 years +) and USYD (160 years +). Its ability to already compete with well-established universities shows that UTS is evolving at a faster rate than other unis. It will take a considerable amount of time before it improves its rankings.

Last edited:

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC

I went to the Ernest & Young 'meet and greet' program the other day and had a chance to speak to numerous commerce/law grads who got in last year. Approx. ~40 people get in each year and you need to maintain at least a Credit average. The starting salary for these grads ranged from 60-70k as a start. Of those 40 grads; ~10 were from UTS, ~ 14 from USYD, 14 from UNSW and 2 from Macquarie. To my surprise, there were no UWS students in one of the 'big 4'. I'm not making these stats up, you can go and talk to the grads yourself if you don't believe me. So alluding back to the question, Do I feel embarrassed? No. UTS is a fairly young university (25 years young) and UNSW (60 years +) and USYD (160 years +). It's ability to already compete with well-established universities shows that UTS is evolving at a faster rate than other unis. It will take a considerable amount of time before it improves its rankings.
Since OP is mainly concerned about Law Firms anyway, I found this interesting post on Whirlpool forums.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2023877&#r13

Not sure of the validity of this post, but no one can seriously be bothered to make up this many stats for the sake of 1 post.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

I went to the Ernest & Young 'meet and greet' program the other day and had a chance to speak to numerous commerce/law grads who got in last year. Approx. ~40 people get in each year and you need to maintain at least a Credit average. The starting salary for these grads ranged from 60-70k as a start. Of those 40 grads; ~10 were from UTS, ~ 14 from USYD, 14 from UNSW and 2 from Macquarie. To my surprise, there were no UWS students in one of the 'big 4'. I'm not making these stats up, you can go and talk to the grads yourself if you don't believe me. So alluding back to the question, Do I feel embarrassed? No. UTS is a fairly young university (25 years young) and UNSW (60 years +) and USYD (160 years +). Its ability to already compete with well-established universities shows that UTS is evolving at a faster rate than other unis. It will take a considerable amount of time before it improves its rankings.
A grad at Ernst & Young on 60-70k? I highly doubt it if you're talking about the regular accounting grads such as audit and advisory.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC

I love how this thread gets revived every 2 weeks.

Dat legendary sghguos legacy.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

I love how this thread gets revived every 2 weeks.

Dat legendary sghguos legacy.
sghguos is smart

said no one, EVER

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad

A grad at Ernst & Young on 60-70k? I highly doubt it if you're talking about the regular accounting grads such as audit and advisory.
Most of the grads there did a combined degree of Business/Law and were working in assurance and auditing.

HSC

Wait, how does doing comm/law get you 60-70k as graduate at Ernst and Young? So if you only do business or commerce, you are limited to the average 50k ?

Jinks

HSC

Wait, how does doing comm/law get you 60-70k as graduate at Ernst and Young? So if you only do business or commerce, you are limited to the average 50k ?
Comm/law grads do get more than straight commerce to start off but it's no way 20k more from what I've heard

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

Wtf your grad salary most certainly does not depend on your degree. A grad in audit in EY with a Commerce degree would have the same salary as a grad in audit (in the same year) with a Comm/Law degree.

HSC

yea i agree with trebla i dont understand how your degree changes how much you earn when you are doing the same job as the next person

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)