A Few Enrolment Questions (1 Viewer)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Well...most importantly, you'll need to accept the offer before 23rd January [Due to upcoming late round].

At the UNSW Portal, it states that all you have to do is accept your offer first, that's Part 1, then you may do part 2 anytime, you can finalise part 2 by 24th Feb.

Darnn, too bad i'll be going on my second trip soon...hope I can still get the Id cards, diaries, etc around 10th February..

After completing Part I of your online acceptance, there may be a delay before you can log in to complete Part II: Online Enrolment. For details about online enrolment and information about the support services available to help you choose courses (subjects) to enrol in, click here.

REMEMBER: YOU MUST COMPLETE BOTH PART I AND PART II IN ORDER TO BE ENROLLED AT UNSW.

STUDENTS MUST FINALISE THEIR ENROLMENT (PART II) BY FRIDAY 24 FEBRUARY 2006.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Just another question that's come to mind:
If we're paying HECS up-front, when do we get the bill and all that jazz? Do we pay for both S1 and S2 at once, or semester by semester?

Rekkusu

HSC
If you want to pay the upfront fee [$500 or more] It's on a per - semester basis [Thanks sunny for the last reply!]

Hmm, does anyone know how many UOC are required, to be seen as a Full-time student?

Cos like, after choosing my courses 2 Bios, 2 Chems, and 1 Math1041 and LIFE1001, I already have 36 UOCs, but then in my study plan in b adv science, they state that I also need to choose an additional 12 electives totalling 12 uocs and one general ed course totalling 3 uocs.

Also, are electives compulsory? Can I like...choose say 2 extra chem course instead of choosing those electives?

Last edited:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Rekkusu said:
If you want to pay the upfront fee [$500 or more] It's on a per - semester basis
So is UNSW likely to send a bill or fees statement of some sort within the next couple of weeks asking for payment? Or do I have to physically go the uni myself and pay the fee? Coz right now, under "Liabilities" in myUNSW I have "No Outstanding Liabilities" so I'm just wondering when I'll be billed.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Is comp, engg, math and phys a total of 24 uoc? Can you enrol in computing and computing for engineers in the same semester?

gman03

HSC
HECS - pay by semester
Upfront - discount on the hecs payment for THAT semester

In Feburary, you will be issued payment invoice thing in myUNSW (yes you have to check that manually, NO emails will remind you)

For discount, you must pay by census date.

Fulltime student is per semester basic, to be a fulltime for that semester, you must enrolled in >=18 for the rest of semester

Is comp, engg, math and phys a total of 24 uoc? YES

Can you enrol in computing and computing for engineers in the same semester? Most likely no.

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
So is UNSW likely to send a bill or fees statement of some sort within the next couple of weeks asking for payment? Or do I have to physically go the uni myself and pay the fee? Coz right now, under "Liabilities" in myUNSW I have "No Outstanding Liabilities" so I'm just wondering when I'll be billed.
From memory for upfront payments: you don't have to pay anything for a while - at least a month into each semester from memory (don't quote me though).
Payment can be done online (using BPay, for example, if your parents are paying or are willing to lend briefly), or you can do it person at the uni (at the post office i think).

gman03

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Added to previous post, the liabilities stuff will have a new invoive for Semester 1 in Feburary. You will NOT be notified. It is you responsibility to check myUNSW at least once per week. YOu will then be given the option to pay by various method. You WILL have to pay Union fee, but not by census date if memory serves.

For upfront discount, if you pay before census date then the discount will be calculated then. You do not have to tell anyone "oi i want discount". You pay > threshold before census date then you automatically have discount.

Rekkusu

HSC
whoa weird, I can't choose any general education course in my enrolment. I can only click the electives and stuff.

Also um, does anyone know why I can't choose LIFE1001?

Last edited:

grimreaper

HSC
Tuna said:
Is comp, engg, math and phys a total of 24 uoc? Can you enrol in computing and computing for engineers in the same semester?
I think gman was wrong - I'm pretty sure you can

gman03

HSC
grimreaper said:
I think gman was wrong - I'm pretty sure you can
Computing for Engineers - ENGG1811
Computing 1 - COMP1911

http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2006/3645.html said:
ENGG1811 is an acceptable alternative for COMP1911
I perceive alternative meaning either one, not both.

You can do both, but only one will count towards your degree.

gman03

HSC
Rekkusu said:
whoa weird, I can't choose any general education course in my enrolment.
For some degree you would need to complete 48 uoc of work before you can start gened.

Rekkusu

HSC
Aww ok, thanks for the info gman!

Though um, can anyone tell me how many Unit of credits is needed, to be considered to be full-time?

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Rekkusu said:
Aww ok, thanks for the info gman!

Though um, can anyone tell me how many Unit of credits is needed, to be considered to be full-time?
18, or three normal subjects (6uoc each) per semester.

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Rekkusu said:
whoa weird, I can't choose any general education course in my enrolment. I can only click the electives and stuff.

Also um, does anyone know why I can't choose LIFE1001?
I'm not sure what degree you're doing, is it Adv Sci? Because LIFE1001 is Restricted to Advanced Science students. I was able to enrol in LIFE1001, so i'm not really sure why you can't if you do do adv sci. As for not being able to choose gen eds, that's also strange because I was able to. Maybe they have exclusions or something?

Rekkusu

HSC
Thanks mednez & danni07, yeah I think it was because of unsw doing maintainence yesterday while I was trying to enrol, lol no wonder I kept timing out yesterday around 11:45.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)