A good way to study - Crime (1 Viewer)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
They are perfectly within their rights to keep an intoxicated individual in holding as long as it is appropriate until they sober up.

So it's 4hrs, and 6 for DNA testing? Got it, thanks.

Last edited:

roadcone

HSC
yeah sorry i forgot all about the intoxicated part.. yeah thats true... that they can keep them i'm pretty sure i mean

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
manifestation, it has been already covered earlier.

and yes it was 6 hours. either they must let you go, or they must arrest you.

scenario: if i, and someone else planned to steal from a store however i was caught before doing so, what can i be charged with, and would i be charged with?

also what would i be, and the fellow with me?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
What were u planing to steal??? Some pants???
Ok u would be the principle in the first degree ur mate if he was going to come with you would be the principle in the second degree. You would be charged with a preliminary crime of attempted larceny? *unless u had a gun etc* You both would get the same sentence as if you did it.

What factors are considered during sentencing?

manifestation

What?!
HSC
wrong_turn said:
manifestation, it has been already covered earlier.

and yes it was 6 hours. either they must let you go, or they must arrest you.

scenario: if i, and someone else planned to steal from a store however i was caught before doing so, what can i be charged with, and would i be charged with?

also what would i be, and the fellow with me?
OMG really Oops sorry wrong turn ma bad! and um matey could u re word that please i kinda dont get it. thanx champ

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
well it should only be preliminary crime. i did intended to rob the store, however i never did it. though there is actually planning before the act. so therefore, it made me princple int he first degree, however, my mate would be an accessory before the act.

well the factors taken into account. well that would be the aggravating and mitigating circumstances. the criminal record if the person hasone, or whether it is a first offence. there would be the actual committal of the crime, and to which degree it would be. the judge discretion comes into play. also the lingering precendents that may play a part in the case.

what is the purpose of our legal system? and what affects it?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
manifestation said:
A new question okay:

What are situational and social crime prevention? Give examples please.
situational crime Aims to make crime more difficult to carry out by increasing visibility of police and increasing the risks and decreasing the rewards of crime.
SOCIAL Aims to reduce risk and prevent crime E.g. improving education
i forgot that one :(-looked at my notes 4 that answer

next question
name 5 purposes of punishments and explain what each mean

roadcone

HSC
Rehabilitation --> punishment should serve to allow the offender to go back into society as a changed person
Re-integrative Shaming --> shame offenders into knowing that they have done wrong, usually used for younger offenders. An example of this was this teenager in dubbo who stole this disabled persons car and burnt it, the local car dealer bought the person a new car then when they caught the teenager his punishment was to wash the cars at the car yard for like a year or something.. so naturally every one in town would come down and abuse him
Retribution --> in order to show remorse for their actions
Deterence --> punishments are handed out in order to deter either the same person from commiting another crime or other people committing a similar crime
Incapacitation --> if there is no other option a person will be detained in order to stop them committing another crime

What is an ERISP? And what right of the accused are they used to uphold?

goan_crazy

HSC
roadcone said:
What is an ERISP? And what right of the accused are they used to uphold?
i dont know that one. whats the answer roadcone?

roadcone

HSC
Its an Electronically Recorded Interview with a Suspected Person. They are used by the police to record all the interviews that they have with suspects. It upholds the right of the accused not to have illegal evidence, or evidence that has been obtained in an illegal manner, used in their trial.

Its not in the syllabus as such, but its one of those things that few people would put in their essay, thus it allows for you to set yourself aside.

goan_crazy

HSC
manifestation said:
What is a specific deterrent??
stop studying manifestation! its holidays
and every1s 1/2 yearly is over
anyway a specific deterrent is...crap iv forgotten this
hold up...ill jus check
EDIT: had 2 look up my notes
•SPECIFIC DETERRENCE: to the individual, to deter them from committing the crime again

Last edited:

manifestation

What?!
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
stop studying manifestation! its holidays
and every1s 1/2 yearly is over
anyway a specific deterrent is...crap iv forgotten this
hold up...ill jus check
EDIT: had 2 look up my notes
•SPECIFIC DETERRENCE: to the individual, to deter them from committing the crime again
i know but u still got to study!!! Otherwise your gonna fall behind!! i am going to three study days in the holz! and im gonna do past HSC papers for my subjects!! Got to keep in study mode otherwise i'll stuff up lol. okay u check that

goan_crazy

HSC
next question
what is a defence as distinguished from a mitigitating factor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)