• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

A job in the morning (1 Viewer)

kavinda

HSC
hey guys,

Im at uni, monday, tuesday, wednesday, 1-5pm and on thursdays, fridays and saturdays im working at a call centre.

During the week i have my mornings free and im in need of more money, so im looking for a job where work could start around 7am and finish around 12am.

Anyone got any ideas of such places?

oh btw im in the eastern suburbs of melbourne

cheers

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
Are you picky?

Any place with a lot of employees/flexibility can offer you a few hours in the morning.

eg. Supermarket, fast food [maccas, oporto, etc].

You just have to avoid the ones that operate in say, Westfields or something as the centre usually opens at 9/10am.

Um.. or hospitality in RSL clubs? I hear they pay pretty good.
Waiter for breakfast shifts? Any cafe/restaurants?

You can't really expect the job to be really grand since you only want to be there for a few hours..

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
lots of cleaners operate in the mornings e.g. schools, pubs.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
You could work at a petrol station, I believe they have morning shifts that suit your available times.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
Yeah I was going to say post-office, or any other companies that need mail sorters because that's mostly done in the morning (some start at 4am-6am though).

And bakeries of course.

Jess007

HSC
are there any coles or wollies near u? not sure if someone has said this but you could do morning shift there... they start at 5am till about 11 i think it is? not sure but thats an idea for you

CieL

HSC
Yeah I didnt say post office or bakery because they require ~5am starts..
I doubt they'd be nice and let you start at 7am when the job is half done.
My friend used to work at a bakery and he'd have to skip night outs because he had to wake up at 4am to get to work.

Coles open shift starts at 5:30am.
I've done my fair share of those. In my one, they won't let you start at 7am.
It's either 5:30am or after 8/9am.
It's pretty shit as you get the same rate even when you work before the sun rises.
Only time you get penalty is on a Sunday, from 5:30-6am it's like double pay for that half hour as it's "out of normal trading hours"..

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
CieL said:
My friend used to work at a bakery and he'd have to skip night outs because he had to wake up at 4am to get to work.
Reminds me of doing the opening shift, coles servo at 3am on a Sunday after getting drunk and high past midnight at Groovin' the moo. Slept through my alarm, got there to deliveries stacked up out the front, the servo didn't open till well after 4. My manager never mentioned it.

kavinda

HSC
cheers guys, sounds good !

where do you apply for mail sorting ?

Wingscythe

HSC
I'm interested in doing some night sorting as well and trying to gather up as much info as I can. (Cbf starting new thread)

So how did it go kavinda? Did you end up applying for the night sorter job?

According to the site it seems that shift times are actually between 1am-6am, which doesn't seem like what you're after.

Also, anybody here who has done this job before care to share some experiences? Is it really 1am-6am or can you start/finish earlier? Does any sorting happen on weekends?

Last edited:

kavinda

HSC
hey dude, yeh i applied but they havent got back to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)