A new UAI calculator (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
Cool C#, i'm planning to learn VS.NET over the holidays.

why do you hate java? :(
I haven't much touched it, but from the looks of it it's not my cup of tea, perhaps i got too much into RAD development and .NET really gives RAD a whole new meaning i mean i can deploy a very professional looking application in a short amount of time, i can most probably make a really good looking UAI seeker, if i knew the underlyings of how to calculate the UAI but i'm not bothered to understand it so yeah.

Smurfwow

Member Assistant
HSC
I would really appreciate it if you guys could be more specific about bugs/errors.

i hate java to :p
the GUI layout managers seem much more complicated than they need to be(i find them just plain anoying and tedious).
i dont like the way events are handled in java, i much prefer .NETs event/delegate system.

but that being said, i dont like vb(any version) either :p

(edit: typo)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Smurfwow
I would really appreciate it if you guys could be more specific about bugs/errors.

i hate java to :p
the GUI layout managers seem much more complicated than they need to be(i find them just plain anoying and tedious).
i dont like the way events are handled in java, i much prefer .NETs event/delegate system.

but that being said, i dont like vb(any version) either :p

(edit: typo)

hmmm PM me for my MSN, we can work on the layout together and make it more better :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
It just plain won't work for me. I downloaded that thing, clicked it and everytime is says there is an application error.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
It just plain won't work for me. I downloaded that thing, clicked it and everytime is says there is an application error.

did you download the other thing that was provided it's a link to microsoft, the .NET Framework 1.1

Smurfwow

Member Assistant
HSC
could you get a screenshot of the error?

anything other than an "unhandled exception" means the error is due to something other than the program.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
how do I do a screen shot?
press PrtScrn button on your keyboard it's near the F12 key

go to Paint and go to edit and paste

save the file as a JPEG

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
How can you say C# has better GUI layout manager when you can't even resize it properly.....

I do admit the Java layout managers are kind of wierd and hard to use, but at least they work properly.

Winston

HSC
How can you say C# has better GUI layout manager when you can't even resize it properly.....

I do admit the Java layout managers are kind of wierd and hard to use, but at least they work properly.

Ummmmm VS.NET has the best development IDE to date, and you can resize it properly but i don't think Smurf actually adjusted these minorities, which is quite easy to fix in less than 5 seconds.

Smurfwow

Member Assistant
HSC
those two things have nothing to do with each other.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
it has everything to do with the GUI layout manager....

it the GUI manager decides how the GUI components will interact with each other when the container is resized.

I use JBuilder 9, which is just as good (if not better than) VS.net and i have used both.

bachelor

hey just wanted to let u know i dl it and tried it, and it was 0.05 off my actual UAI. great job mate

Adamray

HSC
Good effort - by the way, when you click About in the Help dropdown menu, it cannot be closed. Sigh I'm from Canberra, trying to find a Calculator that doesn't rely on HSC results. =|

lemon-ice-tea

HSC
wow nice program.. thanks.. now i have an idea of my goal marks.. haha thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)