a question (1 Viewer)

iamorbid

HSC
Do the INTERNAL ranking affects the EXTERNAL marks (i.e. if coming first internal, get the highest mark external). Is there any links between the two?

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
Do the INTERNAL ranking affects the EXTERNAL marks (i.e. if coming first internal, get the highest mark external). Is there any links between the two?
Your external mark will always be counted towards calculating ur atar, the inernal mark become the highest external if u come first internally
then they average the 2 marks and scale them and all that shit

iamorbid

HSC
Your external mark will always be counted towards calculating ur atar, the inernal mark become the highest external if u come first internally
then they average the 2 marks and scale them and all that shit
so you are saying that if I come first in a subject, I will be getting the highest external mark at the end of the year (whether its mine or someone else's)?

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
so you are saying that if I come first in a subject, I will be getting the highest external mark at the end of the year (whether its mine or someone else's)?
The highest external mark will be ur internal mark.
ur external will always be counted.

iamorbid

HSC
The highest external mark will be ur internal mark.
ur external will always be counted.
Is that a yes/no?

And now you are saying that the highest internal will be the limit of my external, so i can't get any higher than my internals

john-doe

HSC
Is that a yes/no?

And now you are saying that the highest internal will be the limit of my external, so i can't get any higher than my internals
external mark doesnt change...internal does...say u got 80 for internal and are ranked 1st....if u get 90 in the externals ur internal mark gets pushed up to 90 and and external mark remains 90 as it is...the average of the two become hsc mark which is (90+90)/2 which is 90 overall mark..hope u understand

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
im saying if u come first
the external mark of the guy who comes first in the hsc
will be counted as ur internal
but YOUR actual external will still be counted in calculated ur ATAR.
for example, if u come first in the internal
and the person that comes first in the external gets 90
ur internal will become 90
but if YOUR external is 60
they will average them and u'll get an atar of 75

john-doe

HSC
He wont get an atar of 75! Thats his mark..itll be scaled up or down n then he will get a totally diff atar

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
He wont get an atar of 75! Thats his mark..itll be scaled up or down n then he will get a totally diff atar
trying to make it simpler :p
i already said it gets scaled in my first post =)

iamorbid

HSC
Got it! the only thing that changes is the internal.
Thanks for the help.

jackerino

HSC
What about if you're NOT ranked first? how would that work then? like frickin adv english grr.

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
depends on ur school rank.

I always said this system is stupid.

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
Your school rank changes with your year...so don't depend on last year's performance
they do standard deviation or something like that, so what effects ur internal marks if u don't come first is ultimately ur cohort.

iamorbid

HSC
they do standard deviation or something like that, so what effects ur internal marks if u don't come first is ultimately ur cohort.
your answers just open doors for new questions. So I'll let you explain what happens if I come second or any other rank....GO!

inJust

HSC
Just do well. Don't worry about that crap.

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
your answers just open doors for new questions. So I'll let you explain what happens if I come second or any other rank....GO!
I don't know how to explain this exactly but if u do not come first, they do standard deviation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_deviation so you get an internal mark according to your position relative to the performance of the rest of your cohort, so if u attend a really bad school, like rank 400, ur internal mark will be affected severely, however, u can get 99.95 atar at any school provided u do extremely well but it would be sufficiently harder because if ur not first in any course ur fuked. I think it isn't fair that if u attend a bad school, ur individual performance is severely affected by the stupidity of your cohort.

DO NOT QUOTE ME ON ANYTHING I JUST SAID.

iamorbid

HSC
I don't know how to explain this exactly but if u do not come first, they do standard deviation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_deviation so you get an internal mark according to your position relative to the performance of the rest of your cohort, so if u attend a really bad school, like rank 400, ur internal mark will be affected severely, however, u can get 99.95 atar at any school provided u do extremely well but it would be sufficiently harder because if ur not first in any course ur fuked. I think it isn't fair that if u attend a bad school, ur individual performance is severely affected by the stupidity of your cohort.

DO NOT QUOTE ME ON ANYTHING I JUST SAID.
so you are not sure?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)