A simple question (1 Viewer)

kevsun92

HSC
hi all
does your school assessments affect your uai???
im getting so many different answers on this forum. some people say "even u fuked up all year and did good in the hsc u still get good uai". some ask "i fuked my english or math half yearly can i still get a uai 90+"
so what really happen???
ps. some of my teacher say your school assessment and hsc both will worth 50-50 in your uai. wtf... is this true??

parawhoree

HSC
as long as you satisfactorily attempted you should be right...
and the mark you get for school is 50% of your mark...imo i think its a load of bullshit...how can our hole lives be judged on an exam? and a shoddy piece of paper with three shoddy letters on it?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
hi all
im getting so many different answers on this forum. some people say "even u fuked up all year and did good in the hsc u still get good uai". some ask "i fuked my english or math half yearly can i still get a uai 90+"
so what really happen???
ps. some of my teacher say your school assessment and hsc both will worth 50-50 in your uai. wtf... is this true??
Does your school assessment affect your UAI? YES

If you "fuck up" your school assessments, it's unlikely that you will get good UAI. Pay attention to the word "unlikely". In saying that, you can still get decent UAI with good mark in HSC. If you screw up your school assessments, they just make it HARDER for you to get hihger UAI.

And yes, it's basically 50-50 in your UAI. So yeah, school assessments ARE important.

Nadiaaa

HSC
Assessments definitely affect it. Like someone's already said, your UAI is based 50/50 on your assessment marks and your hsc exam.
If you do badly in your assessments, but well in your HSC exam, you could get dragged down.
Like, if your assessment mark was 70 and your HSC exam mark was 95, you'd get dragged down.

Basically its assessment mark + hsc exam mark = uai.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Learn to sarcasm, dude.

Fucking yes it does count. Exactly 50/50. Idiot.
Learn to stop swearing, shitface :haha:.

Read Lyounamu's post. It's 50/50. I've also been getting rumours that the "external" HSC paper counts only, not the "internal paper". Ignore it.

Ashabella

HSC
hi all
so what really happen???
You are given a mark out of 100 for both your internal exams and assessments and for your HSC exams.

Both of these marks are then divided into 2, and then they add them together - that's your UAI.

Hope that helped. And you're teachers are right.

:)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
As most people have said, your assessment ARE IMPORTANT.

They do count for 50% of your HSC, but it's not a simple process of all year you've been getting 80% at school so your school assessment mark is 80.

What the assessments are used for are the RANKS from the assessments and the mark gaps between each rank. They use this and your HSC exam mark to calculate your school assessment mark.

And when people say you can still get a good UAI if you stuff up one assessment, it's true. It just means you have to work harder to get that UAI. For eg i stuffed up my first 2u math exam (about 85%) but i got much higher marks for the rest of my assignments so i still ended up with a good mark :)

You are given a mark out of 100 for both your internal exams and assessments and for your HSC exams.

Both of these marks are then divided into 2, and then they add them together - that's your UAI.

Hope that helped. And you're teachers are right.

:)
Yes, they are calculated out of 100 and averaged. BUT the marks obtained are NOT your UAI. Your UAI is a number UAC spits out as a result of your HSC subject marks.

darkprincess28

HSC
ROFL. All i can say is - why the fuck else are people kicking themselves to get good in school assessments?

It's 50/50. You can't bludge all year being in the bottom ranks then getting good marks in the HSC; that's very unlikely btw, I mean, how can you bludge all year then get 90+ in your exam when you havent been studying for tests and assessments?

You need to give it your all for everything because then you have a greater chance to get a good UAI.

H. Caulfield

HSC
assessments count towards your school rank. They DO count A LOT. I'm not saying that getting a 70% in an assessment=fail, because you can counter any bad mark with a good one to stay in the top 3-5 of your class(subject). Ultimately, this will affect which HSC matk you will get. i.e. if you came 2nd in Adv english, you would obtain the second best HSC mark for advanced english that came from your school. Your individual assessment marks are not an accurate indication of your performace compared to the state i.e. your teacher may be be setting really easy tasks that everyone aces, but you may not perform so well in the common HSC paper(external assessment).
In regards to the whole 50/50 thing, it is fair to say that your final HSC mark is a mix of the two, maybe not so much 50/50---sorry to stop there but thats all I know

Hope that helped in the slightest way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)