a study guide or plan (1 Viewer)

Deathless

HSC
lol, in that 0.00000000001% chance, trust me, if they see like a 95 and a 97-99, EVERYTHING else ( well most things) would be compared before resorting to atars, and even if they compare atars they would have some leniency, i think they will realise that my english put me at a servere disadvantage, and if its for work that doesnt require english scholars ( engineering) i think they wont care that much.

Its not that im illiterate, im reasonably good at writting factual, scientific reports, just im not good at making up perfect short stories or essays about something im not really interested in. The hsc english syllabus might be reasonably good at testing ones communication skills, but there are still flaws in it ( you are never tested on report writting, i realise this is a really hard thing to test, but in the real world you communicate with reports, NOT essays. )

and a unsw pass beats all of them XD lol
As you previously said a UNSW credit is better than a UWS distinction... so does an Ivy League beat a UNSW.

For an Ivy League university (or any other foreign uni/college that is ranked higher internationally), the ATAR difference between a 95 and 97 will come into play. The 95 wouldn't meet the cut-off, The 97 and 99 will also be a difference, with the 99 having priority (an edge) before any other "differences" with the 97 come into play.

BTW reports are significantly easier to write than an essay. In all my report assessments, I've gotten like 100% in em but I can't say the same for essays...

sydneyite

HSC
As you previously said a UNSW credit is better than a UWS distinction... so does an Ivy League beat a UNSW.

For an Ivy League university (or any other foreign uni/college that is ranked higher internationally), the ATAR difference between a 95 and 97 will come into play. The 95 wouldn't meet the cut-off, The 97 and 99 will also be a difference, with the 99 having priority (an edge) before any other "differences" with the 97 come into play.

BTW reports are significantly easier to write than an essay. In all my report assessments, I've gotten like 100% in em but I can't say the same for essays...
no, not really. ivy league universites don't take your ATAR into account at all, they just care about your SAT and ECs...

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Well my prelims are coming in 8 weeks so I made this 8 week brief plan.
Okay so much subjects are in my sig.
I have this madison book in which i write all my study details and goals.
Week 1 of Holidays, Week 2 of Holidays and Week 1 of Term 3-
-Study first two topics of science subjects
- Study first two topics of Ancient
- Review of the two modules learnt in English.

Week 2,3,4
- Study all the left over topics.

Week 5
- Do past papers of each subject, and if possible, each topic.

Week 6
- Review of everything.

Week 7
- EXAMS!

Of course that was just a brief. I do have detailed study plans in three week sections and I plan three weeks before hand. So far Ive already planned my holidays and week 1. So far it's been successful, I'm only a day behind (and I guess this day behind motivates me cause I don't want to be even more behind). And a day behind is better than giving up this whole thing.

So I wouldn't recommend a timetable, but a study plan and a list of things to do cause different things take different times and these times are usually hard to predict.

steph xx

HSC
wow, that is terribly intense.
my study plan or guide failed completely
i haven't studied at all nor read anything i was meant
and i've been going out nearly everyday

tjhunt11

HSC
Well my prelims are coming in 8 weeks so I made this 8 week brief plan.
Okay so much subjects are in my sig.
I have this madison book in which i write all my study details and goals.
Week 1 of Holidays, Week 2 of Holidays and Week 1 of Term 3-
-Study first two topics of science subjects
- Study first two topics of Ancient
- Review of the two modules learnt in English.

Week 2,3,4
- Study all the left over topics.

Week 5
- Do past papers of each subject, and if possible, each topic.

Week 6
- Review of everything.

Week 7
- EXAMS!

Of course that was just a brief. I do have detailed study plans in three week sections and I plan three weeks before hand. So far Ive already planned my holidays and week 1. So far it's been successful, I'm only a day behind (and I guess this day behind motivates me cause I don't want to be even more behind). And a day behind is better than giving up this whole thing.

So I wouldn't recommend a timetable, but a study plan and a list of things to do cause different things take different times and these times are usually hard to predict.
hey mate, do you reckon you could kindly give me your study plan, looks like your consistent with your work and i could use a little hand haha, id be so happy :rofl:

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
hey mate, do you reckon you could kindly give me your study plan, looks like your consistent with your work and i could use a little hand haha, id be so happy :rofl:
Haha take it. But remember to leave time for relaxing and freetime. Cause unfortunately I forgot to add that element in and I'm one day behind for most of my subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)