A tutor scammed me (1 Viewer)

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
No. I make that in a few hours.
can you stop. it's a pretty sensitive topic we're talking about here and it can be rather deflating for people who aren't as privileged as you are when you start chucking quotes like that around.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
oh and I have 7 mutuals with the tutor in question.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
i do not intend to bash him for him to lose his credibility ect. All i want is my money back, nothing more, nothing less. The hand at matter is his poor work ethic towards tutoring students and his responsibility all of which are misleading towards his appealing adds.
First of all can i clarify a few things.

How much do you want back? If 50, is this the amount for the notes? Do you have the full set of notes? If so, there's nothing to go pursue. Go home.

Secondly. This is not a matter of work ethic imo. U payed for the first lesson. You got the lesson. When you buy food, turns out pretty avg, you dont go asking for your money back.

Honestly. I see theres nothing to really follow up on. Just move on

dingodog

HSC
First of all can i clarify a few things.

How much do you want back? If 50, is this the amount for the notes? Do you have the full set of notes? If so, there's nothing to go pursue. Go home.

Secondly. This is not a matter of work ethic imo. U payed for the first lesson. You got the lesson. When you buy food, turns out pretty avg, you dont go asking for your money back.

Honestly. I see theres nothing to really follow up on. Just move on
If you have actually read this thread properly you would know: I paid for a lesson in advance which i did not get (50 each lesson). His tutoring is great. However when it comes to home time, he does not help me with questions/ reply --> if he does its hours later (even though he's seen my messages). To cut it short for you: I paid for a tutor lesson which i never got and i simply want the money back.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
OP was at fault for giving 100 when they did not necessarily have to. Also in most cases tutors will be open to giving a trial lesson, which next time you should ask for.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Quit with the witch hunt. If you're hostile and presumptive enough to assume this person is a scam artist immediately, you're not helping anyone's case.

It's been a week lol, just chill for a bit. He could be busy with uni, work, personal issues etc. Which means replying to a pushy student who feels entitled to replies in less than 12 hours isn't necessarily high on his priority list.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
OP, last thing i will mention before I go.

I have no idea why you created this massive arse story about being scammed and what not, just organise a lesson, money is settled, then leave.

For all we know, the tutor could be busy atm with uni / personal issues / etc.

So just chill. Like its only been a week.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC

I have no idea why you created this massive arse story about being scammed and what not, just organise a lesson, money is settled, then leave.

can you stop being so disrespectful far out i know in your opinion OP is a bit naive but pointing out where OP went wrong and claiming the whole thing is made up isn't necessarily going to help

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Quit with the witch hunt. If you're hostile and presumptive enough to assume this person is a scam artist immediately, you're not helping anyone's case.

It's been a week lol, just chill for a bit. He could be busy with uni, work, personal issues etc. Which means replying to a pushy student who feels entitled to replies in less than 12 hours isn't necessarily high on his priority list.
but talking to your student in a disrespectful manner imo isn't good and OP has every right to be mad. S/he was even willing to go to his house to get his/her money back

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I shall rephrase that to 'created a thread about being scammed that has exploded'. Poor phrasing on my part. Happy?

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
but talking to your student in a disrespectful manner imo isn't good and OP has every right to be mad. S/he was even willing to go to his house to get his/her money back
How do you know it's disrespectful? Not replying immediately and making it clear you can't make it isn't disrespectful in itself.

You could also argue from the perspective that the tutor might not be particularly friendly to a person who keeps demanding refunds, is super pushy for replies within a certain time period and might have other stuff on his plate.

I'm not saying OP is necessarily wrong, but rather than making such a huge fuss, step back, consider that it's been just a week, lay off for a bit and give him some space. If this continues beyond into like 2-3 weeks and there is no indication they are genuinely busy, then maybe OP could see if they can do something about it

dingodog

HSC

you need to start paying attention. Firstly this isnt a "story", I havent exaggerated anything. And organise a lesson? like i havent thought of that, that was one of my first thought of action, making this thread was my absolute last resort.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
You know your posts have been confusing the whole time. If you could have written it up in a linear manner as to a sequence of events and provided more context in grey areas that woulda helped.

Again. Let me reiterate that the tutor could be busy and they would most likely not scam you for the sake of $50. Because this equates to a further loss of future revenue

dingodog

HSC
You know your posts have been confusing the whole time. If you could have written it up in a linear manner as to a sequence of events and provided more context in grey areas that woulda helped.

Again. Let me reiterate that the tutor could be busy and they would most likely not scam you for the sake of $50. Because this equates to a further loss of future revenue
MY money back= i'm happy. End of story, no further problems. I was promised 2 lessons a week and i did not get that. After trying to ask him for a next scheduled lesson, ive been ignored or replied to very bluntly. Not trying to get a refund for a "crappy" lesson. Only trying to get the money back for the lesson i paid for but never got. Reasonable? i think so. And for your information, i have not been pushy until tonight where I requested for my money back and even then I was nothing but respectful towards him.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Regarding his issue. Have you tried speaking to his mother? Because I assume his mother will tell him off big time, and that will make him (reluctantly) give you a full refund??
Lost it.

Tell the uni student's mum hahahahahahahahaha.

Really don't think he'll give a fuck.

HSC
You said that he is going to transfer money, so lets see if he gets around to doing it.

Personally, $100 is quite a lot to be lost (ok, I'm poor, I know).
I don't think anyone should be treated in this way from a tutor- who is supposed to help you. If he is the busiest person, why is he saying he is tutoring and bringing your hopes up?

The bad experience with tutors stories are making me quite sad because in high school, you're made to look up to people with these high marks. It really questions if high results = a good tutor

Flop21

HSC
You don't screw around with someone who's paid you $100 in advance. Who gives a shit if he's busy with uni? OP paid him a lot of money and should receive service. If he can't then he should communicate this properly and refund the money ASAP.

He's screwing you around OP because you gave him money in advance. Don't do this ever next time.

tigerian

HSC
N/A
There is a private message for you to consider in your message box

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

It's been a week lol, just chill for a bit. He could be busy with uni, work, personal issues etc. Which means replying to a pushy student who feels entitled to replies in less than 12 hours isn't necessarily high on his priority list
Yes but I think the OP is doing his/her HSC this year, i.e. next month and is perfectly within their rights to be pushy

It's the HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)