A way out.... (1 Viewer)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
have u tried channel 31?
maybe u can find something with sbs radio and be promoted to sbs on tv.

yes i 4got about the property prices. The housing market in sydney has been rocketing for last 3 years, but its slowing down. This is bad for u because if you buy an expenssive house now, the value may no grow as fast as it did a few months ago.
But obviously, since you don't have citizenship yet, you should just rent. Rent is still pretty expenssive. Ranges from 200-300 for average 2 bedroom apartment in suburban area.

kakko

Thanks Bon!! That was pretty nice of you... I'll check them out.
Hi Mala... glad to see you around! how is everything going?. about what you wrote you should consider that an average salary in Australia, as long as I know, it's about 50k per year when here, not my case but..., you could consider an average salary about 700, 800 a month... so then paying a rent there shouldn't be as dificult as it's here. So even that way you should be better. I wonder how you do to buy houses... do you take loans?... that let you live?... here taking a loan it's like becoming a bank's slave for years, but since that it's probably the easiest way to get a house it's the only alternative you have.
Dont know how much tv stations pays there but perhaps it's that or even more so it keeps been better your situation. In the other hand, for what I could find Australia's companies value a lot experience and skills and that it's what I betting on.
I heard on the news about your fire problem, hope that you get over soon since it's the second time right?... The last time I went to Auckland NZ was in last december right before the first one, then I knew the smoke got there making a big cloud of smoke.
That's terrible.

Have work to do...
Well... so long
I'll stay around

kakko

If any of you would like to see where I work go to www.artear.com.ar its most of all an information site but at least you could see what it is about the main and cable signals we produce.
Hope you like it ( of course it's in spanish. )

Agnes

hi kakko :)
I know a little about the economic situation in Argentina. My background is polish and i know that Poland isn't doing very great at all either. We have a relative who wants to come to live in Australia. He has already tried to apply once before, but he didn't listen to my dad's suggestions and didn't get in- and wasted several hundred dollars in paperwork and applications as a result. It's true that Australia is seeking people with qualifications and especially several years experience in particular areas. You've mentioned yourself the Argentinian Government is corrupt- well so is the Polish one- so they have something in common. It may cost you several hundred dollars just getting all the paperwork to apply to come to Australia, so it's important that you have references and qualifications which will be accepted here in Australia. Not all qualifications from other countries are accepted. If you have trouble with the number of years experience needed, do what my dad suggested our relative do (and he didn't) - pay an employer some money to write you fake references, it may be illegal, but when you're living in a country where your government doesnt care, then don't worry and don't care about them either! This is just a suggestion.

As for employment, there's a few sites and newspapers you can access on the net, have you tried?
Here's a few...
www.mycareer.com.au
www.seek.com.au
www.jobsearch.gov.au
www.careerone.com.au
www.jobs.sprint.com.au
www.smh.com.au
www.news.com.au (a listing of all major newspapers, including classifieds section where you may find jobs)
Don't forget to inquire about any assistance given to newly arrived migrants. There probably isn't as much as there used to be, but some people come here with $50 in their pockets and a suitcase (like my dad) and there's bound to be some sort of assistance for these people. Need to look up all the relevant government agencies for that.

Bambul no shit where did i say i was from CROATIA u know ur geography mate wd ive lived in austria for 6 mths and italy 3 and its pathetic compared to the social security we get here

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
Originally posted by Agnes
didn't get in- and wasted several hundred dollars in paperwork and applications as a result.
That is so true with my family's experiences. I reckon Ruddock is up himself and thinks that most ppl who come here dun wanna go back. (Also a good revenue raiser)

Employment sites, i recomment www.mycareer.com.au (alreadu said, but juz like to add that it contains almost every job, including ones posted in newspaper, so no need to buy newspapers). And also www.monster.com.au

Bushfires...yes. I've become accustomed to such daily things now. Last christmas, the fires were like 500m from my place, and bcoz of the expenssive property prices here, (the insurance companies made sure) no house was touched. So these days, i dun really care. Only bad thing about bushfires is the air is bad and i cant go out and play.

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
Last christmas, the fires were like 500m from my place, and bcoz of the expenssive property prices here, (the insurance companies made sure) no house was touched.
I find it hard to believe that property values would influence who's house got saved and who's didnt.

I cant see the fire brigade pulling men out of say The Block to fight fires in jutland parade :p

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
its juz my pessimistic outlook on things.
It does explain why houses in the south and in some rural place got burnt down last yr and none at my place did.

kakko

I can see that most of you even been young are pretty much informed about what it's going on in your an other coutries... that's a very good thing.
For what some of you wrote.... thanks again, it has been always very informative get in here and read all you have to say. anyway, I'll try these jobs sites you suggested me, some os them I already knew them, but other dont so it's always good to have more possibilities.

Hope keep sharing things and info with you

Mala.. Glad to see again So you Dado

Agnes... long post. Thanks to you too and everyone that posted their oppinions.

Who knows... perhaps someday we could end being neighbours.

I'll try to stay around.

I have one wish... I would be very glad if someone could send me pictures of australian cities.... Dont want bridges os tourist places but the city itself... I haven't been able to find these on the internet.... just tourism stuff.

So... I'll be waiting...

If so, send them to kiko_kakko@yahoo.com

Maybe, and just maybe... I'll go to Sydney around febrary... just have to make some mats... the exchange it's not on my side these days... but I'll see what I can do.

Anyway, how is it to live there? it's expensive or cheap? eat? hotels?.... I know the prices of houses and cars... but I already wrote about that and the realtion that these have with our salaries.

Thanks again.
I wish you luck.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
i dun usually taker fotos of ordinary objects..
but maybe u can search up soe australian real estate websites. They should have pictures of houses.
here one: http://www.ljhooker.com.au/services/services/index.php

As for ur question bout prices. Technically, inflation (around 3%) is low compared to previous decades, but the prices are still rising through the roof. Transport is expensive, oil is expensive, services are expensive (expecially mechanics who rip u off), Mc Donald burgers shrink in size but increase in price.

nomza

HSC
Hello,

I would like to express my support for you to come to Australia.

My parents came to Australia with me when I was two years old from Venezuela in 1986. As you know with the current strikes going on there, the constant shifts in powers and the terrible crime rate at the moment that things in Venezuela are from stable and I assume that things aren't any better in Argentina.

My father is apart of a Venezuelan support group that embraces those who come and live in Australia. From what I have experienced it has been quite easy for people to migrate here, but a lot of those people are quite rich. You have skills so therefore there shouldn't be too much against you. If you would like I could find out whether there is an Argentinian support group around (although I don't speak to my father often, it might take awhile, I might see him over christmas time).

I don't know much about the job situation, but you can always get a job doing ANYTHING, anything that will earn you money before you go into your profession. What's most important is getting some money and settling down before you search for a permanant position. A lot of youth complain that there are no jobs for the taking, but that is not true....there are quite a few jobs out there for the taking.

My father has always said that coming here is the was best decision he has ever made, the same with my mother who is British. Australia is a beautiful place to live with beautiful people that is so far away from the oppression in South America.

Good luck.

kakko

Hi Mala... good to see u..... I'll check the link you gave me. thanks.

Nomza.... yeah!! that would be great... ask your dad and please write me. I'll be waiting.

For Mala.... Maybe you should consider than inflation here its about 20% ... and raising!! So sometimes ecerything sounds better that living here, for example a house that use to cost 35-40 $ today cost 70 $ ( 1 Bedroom ) when and average salary it's about 700 $.... And it's bettes not to talk about services... even having a good job, like I do, it's nor easy... nor cheap.... so even when you think your situation it's ugly... for us it's good?!!?!?....

Regards.

kakko

Natstar:

I take your addvice.... I think pretty much, for what I could find untill now, the same. I need a big city with a lot going on on it.
The more the movement the more the opportunities.

kakko

Ok here it goes a question for all of you.... ( perhaps you to Mala..!! ).

I was checking out the link ( realstate ) Mala gave me, and they seems very classy apartments, but thats all I could see.... and they seem very expensive ( 400-500 k ). aren't there any cheaper aps or it's that they prices?... and if so.... are they affordables?. Maybe most of you aren't yet thinking about buying a house right now.... but if so... how would you do?.... taking a loan?.... and paying how many years considering you earn an average salary.
The relation betwen salaries and the cost of things, ex houses, is very different here than there.

Well... I'm all ears....

Thanks

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
Well like I said, property is very inflated at the moment.

Prices will vary with location.
The most expenssive homes are close to the center of the city. They're usually either apartments are very small homes.
From my knowledge, houses in the north shore and near carlton (south east) are next more expenssive. Generally, the north shore has more trees and hills, but less convenient public transport. I did an assignment few years back and kuringai area (north) had highest household incomes. There is also less industrial zones in the north...not many at all.
Less expenssive houses are to the west. People are building large 2 storey houses because the land is cheaper there. The city is basically expanding.

Giving you just a rough estimate. A normal 3 bedroom house in the north would cost around $AUS700k, apartment $AUS400k.
In the west...perhaps around $AUS400k for a house and less than $AUS300k for apartment.

If you were to come here. You should rent first. Find some friends who live in Sydney and share with them (If you share it'll cost you like $100 a week). Good thing for renting at the moment is there is an oversupply of apartments, so rent prices won't increase much.
Start saving cash. You'll probably do this for 5 years. Once you have around 1/2 the money to buy a house, interest rates are very low and you can carry out a mortgage. House much you can borrow depends on your job and assets. You might wanna bring your family here first, so your wife can help you earn cash. To start off, you might want to buy a townhouse or villa. They are bigger than apartments, but smaller than houses, and cheaper than houses. However houses are the best to invest in.
Once you've saved enough money you can buy a better home, juz sit back and watch your assets grow.

kakko

It's good to see that you r very informed, even when you are still young to think in buying homes and usully more concerned in studying, what it's also very good. That gives you a lot more of posibilities for the future.
Anyway I just have to thanks all of you for taking the tome and give a hand with this, A big thaks.

So, I'll keep coming here and hope see you again, all of you.

regards for all.

Mala I'll take your addvices

kakko

Hi friends... just a few words to wish you merry christmas, especially to malachite and nomza.... and all of you.

Have a nice hollyday.

Pretz

Those 400-500k apartments are only the ones closer to the city. And if you're thinking of starting a family you wouldn't really want to be living there anyway would you? I mean you'd want to be living in the suburbs right? Most of them are still within 20-30 mins drive of the city itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)