• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Aboriginal children in care now exceeds stolen generations (1 Viewer)

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
Pretty sure Australia was isolated more than China?
I don't understand this^ post. Shibby's point was that Australia was more isolated than China. Katie then said that and added a question mark. Is she being sarcastic or ... asking what Shibby's point was? I don't get it.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Josip Broz Tito said:
Yes, Australia being most isolated hence abo's not knowing shit all in advancement, is an absurd reasoning. The ancient civilisations from the Americas had no links to the 'Silk Road' or Europe etc and yet even then they developed uses of engineering that remained unprecedented.
I agree.

They didn't seek to advance, they merely survived.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Josip Broz Tito said:
Yes, Australia being most isolated hence abo's not knowing shit all in advancement, is an absurd reasoning. The ancient civilisations from the Americas had no links to the 'Silk Road' or Europe etc and yet even then they developed uses of engineering that remained unprecedented.
The Aztecs!

Amazing race. Very amazing race of people. Very smart. Very developed. Amazing engineers.

Isolated. Not speds.

How did this happen :confused:

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
Ummmmmmmm...

Where did all these speds come from? Does Rockyroad have 4 troll accounts?

They've never posted before, but as soon as there is an abo thread, they jump out from the wood works....
Ha! Anyone who disagrees with you must be me! Can't respect alternate viewpoints no no.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Rockyroad said:
Ha! Anyone who disagrees with you must be me! Can't respect alternate viewpoints no no.
No because they all have a similar posting style.

Their posts consist of
"LOL NO YR WRONG OMG LET ME SHOW U HOW IT'S DONE"

Dripping in overtly retarded attempts at sarcasm, or whatever you want to call it.

Coincidence?

HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
The Aztecs!

Amazing race. Very amazing race of people. Very smart. Very developed. Amazing engineers.

Isolated. Not speds.

How did this happen :confused:
And the Mayans...and yet most of them mysteriously disappeared leaving their towns deserted.

Were the Africans more civilised than the abo's or same level?

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
Only the ones with a small brain seem to not evolve.

Sounds like evolution to me. The developed brains prosper, the other ones get stamped out.
Oh you’re one of those… who try and apply Darwin’s theory of the survival of the fittest to human society. Um ok, Darwin never applied his theories to human society. That is a load of crap that racists use to excuse their views. I can believe that you think that Aborigines have a smaller brain and are therefore getting stamped out. The decline of their population couldn’t have anything to do with white invasion could it? . Small pox killed off half of the Aboriginal population in those early years of invasion, oh was this because they were so unevolved? Oh I’m sorry - they were killed by small pox because they have smaller brains! That makes sense. The fact that
Yes the whites’ clever inventions did a lot of good for the Aborigines – they brought alcohol and diseases – yay!
You go on about how Aborigines were so primitive and the English were so advanced. The ‘sophisticated’ Europeans came to Australia and walked around in their funny suits, sweating their arses off while Aborigines knew how to take care of the land, the sophisticated Europeans were hopeless.
You guys are talking about the lack of Aboriginal inventions. What is so bad about the way Aborigines lived? The Aborigines took care of the land damn better than the clever whites. Aborigines burnt off forests to protect them from bushfires and they could survive in the bush. Look at our white advanced society – we are destroying the planet. Where have all these amazing inventions led us? Happiness? I think the Aborigines were quite happy before whites came along. This (current time) is the best we’ve ever had it, in terms of ‘quality of life’ and technology and yet it hasn’t really made us much happier. Isn’t that the point?
Aborigines had a much more complex society than the primal creatures you seem to think of them as. Aborigines do not have smaller brains you obtuse person.
Their decline in population - you attribute to gradual stamping out of those with smaller brains. Lol. Hey the whites deliberately trying to stamp out the Aborigines or ‘breed’ them out would have no effect? Right.
Did you read what that hpemma person said? –“If you knew anything about the Aboriginal culture, you would know the kind of values they have are not focussed on intellect or 'succeeding' in society. They care about one another, about families and beliefs. They knew how to look after each other and survive peacefully. Who the hell are you to say that this is not as important as technological advances?? Why is our society 'better'?”
She is so right. They had an amazing, deep-rooted, unique culture.
You’ll all probably go on about how western technology increased life expectancy and allowed more efficient travelling or whatever but this doesn’t make western culture superior. You need to look at it overall, and nothing about western culture makes it superior. Like hpemma was saying. Why do you value technology over other values? Furthermore, like other people were saying, you have to consider the environment. Australia is the driest inhabited continent on earth; of course the people living on it were going to live differently to those in Europe. Like those other people were saying, Australia is isolated, lacks native animals that can be properly domesticated.
You guys sarcastically suggesting that sticks were the most important achievement by Aborigines is incredibly degrading and offensive. Moreover it shows that you are stupid, not only because of your lack of knowledge of the culture you are condemning but because it shows that you aren’t listening to other people on here. Like, for example, Katie, your response to hpemma’s post - you didn’t take on her message but rather tried to find a loophole in her argument which is feeble, especially since your response did not disprove what she was saying. The fact that indigenous Australians (like every other civilisation that has ever existed on earth) had conflicts does not mean anything and it doesn’t disprove the fact that the Aborigines knew how to take care of the land, they lived in peace with the land and with each other (and like Wil Shakespear said – they didn’t have many wars at all, especially compared to Europe). You have no wish to change your view or even gain more information which might influence your view. Even if you don’t agree with what we are saying, you should try and respect the culture (and not be so dismissive and offensive).

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Varying degrees of retardation within Africa.

Like, the Egyptians were pretty smart, and the Kush (modern day Ethiopians) were pretty advanced ... The Noks, some group of Nigerians discovered that if you heat iron, it melts, and then you can do stuff with this heated iron!

And if anybody wants to throw that retarded banter about being isolated and Aus being inhospitable ...

The Phoenicians came from the eastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea in land we now call Lebanon. Their land was arid and inhospitable for farming, so they turned to the sea to become the greatest travelers and traders of their time. The Phoenicians invented the alphabet, and taught several cultures their advanced system of writing.
AN ALPHABET? WTF?

http://www.mrdowling.com/609-testr.htm

HSC
N/A
katie tully said:

Like, the Egyptians were pretty smart, and the Kush (modern day Ethiopians) were pretty advanced ... The Noks, some group of Nigerians discovered that if you heat iron, it melts, and then you can do stuff with this heated iron!

And if anybody wants to throw that retarded banter about being isolated and Aus being inhospitable ...

AN ALPHABET? WTF?

it seems that abo's are at the bottom of the civilised list.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
No because they all have a similar posting style.

Their posts consist of
"LOL NO YR WRONG OMG LET ME SHOW U HOW IT'S DONE"

Dripping in overtly retarded attempts at sarcasm, or whatever you want to call it.

Coincidence?
It's kinda hilarious that your answer is that we are all the same person.:haha:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Oh you’re one of those… who try and apply Darwin’s theory of the survival of the fittest to human society. Um ok, Darwin never applied his theories to human society.
Darwin didn't say it because Darwin didn't coin the phrase "survival of the fittest". He said "natural selection".

Small pox killed off half of the Aboriginal population in those early years of invasion, oh was this because they were so unevolved? Oh I’m sorry - they were killed by small pox because they have smaller brains! That makes sense. The fact that
I don't get your point. Regardless of whether they were wiped out by smallpox, they were still morons. Are you trying to say that small pox is the only reason they didn't advance :confused:, if so, what was their excuse for the 40,000 or so years that predated the "white invasion"?

The ‘sophisticated’ Europeans came to Australia and walked around in their funny suits, sweating their arses off while Aborigines knew how to take care of the land, the sophisticated Europeans were hopeless.
Take "care" of the land? They didn't do anything with the land! It sat there, baron as always. That's taking "care" of land is it? Europeans were hopeless, yet invented some of the most sophisticated farming practices ever ... ok :confused:

The rest of that post was hippy bullshit.

HSC
I think you'll find it's the slant of a racial group's face that determines their intelligence Katie

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
katie tully said:

AN ALPHABET? WTF?

The nile! paper! access to various other peoples! agriculture!
There was simply no way out of the stone age in Australia. Everything else is good old fashioned racism, which is prehistoric itself!

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Iron said:
The nile! paper! access to various other peoples! agriculture!
There was simply no way out of the stone age in Australia. Everything else is good old fashioned racism, which is prehistoric itself!
Sure there was man.

I refuse to accept this bullshit rhetoric, that the only reason the Aboriginals didn't advance is coz they only had bacteria from billabongs to eat.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Agriculture is the basis of all civilization. They had no way to access it.
Therefore they were hunter-gatherers.
Your argument is that they were, what, lazy, criminal dole-bludgers like they are today? That they had ample opportunity to advance, but lack the intelligence of a white man?

Shibby.........

HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
Darwin didn't say it because Darwin didn't coin the phrase "survival of the fittest". He said "natural selection".

I don't get your point. Regardless of whether they were wiped out by smallpox, they were still morons. Are you trying to say that small pox is the only reason they didn't advance :confused:, if so, what was their excuse for the 40,000 or so years that predated the "white invasion"?

Take "care" of the land? They didn't do anything with the land! It sat there, baron as always. That's taking "care" of land is it? Europeans were hopeless, yet invented some of the most sophisticated farming practices ever ... ok :confused:

The rest of that post was hippy bullshit.
[FONT=&quot]Okay

Number one: Survival of the fittest and natural selection is the same thing. So correcting her for that had no point or meaning.

Number two: If you had been listening before, or understood any of what I and rockyroad were talking about, that because Australian is isolated, and was not threatened by other nations with war, they lived in peace. Peace creates simple lifestyles. So what if they were as you say "Primitive". It was better than war.

Number three: Would you call, allowing Britain to conduct nuclear bomb tests in central Australia "taking care of the land?". Would you call mining uranium and then dumping the waste in regional Australia “taking care of the land?", would you also call, pumping the atmosphere with CFS and industrial waste "taking care of the land?"

I sure as hell know that there was no global warming or radioactive poisoning when the aboriginals were "taking care of the land.[/FONT]

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
It's not hilarious, are you missing part of your frontal lobe?

It's annoying
Er, I agree it's annoying as well as hilarious. 'It' being: you thinking we are the same person. Cool that you admitted you are annoying.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)