• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Abortion debate (1 Viewer)

Abortion debate

• Abortion illegalised

Votes: 51 19.8%
  • Tougher laws

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • Keep current laws

Votes: 155 60.1%
  • don't care

Votes: 17 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
withoutaface said:
Good point. I dunno, I just felt like playing devil's advocate, because a lot of pro-lifers do feel that way, I suppose it's up to them to justify it.
Well my post wasnt directly at your comment but pro lifers in general.

Abortion is murder. But its not when the women is raped. A pro life position disregards the feelings of the women. Termination is murder regardless of how the pregnancy came about. I cannot see how a pro lifer can justify that it is ok to terminate when the women is raped. But termination is murder in other situations.

The position is inconsistent. If you are a pro lifer its murder regardless of the state of mind of the mother or the way in which the pregnancy came about.

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Just ban the troll.

If he wasnt using religion as his tool, he would have being banned long ago.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Abortion drug ban should end: doctors

Abortion drug ban should end: doctors
Clara Pirani, Medical reporter
October 03, 2005

DOCTORS are calling on the federal Government to lift its ban on mifepristone, a drug that induces abortion, claiming it offers a safe alternative to surgical abortion.

Mifepristone, also known as RU-486, was approved by the US Food and Drug Administration in 2000, but was banned in Australia in 1996 at the request of Tasmanian independent senator Brian Harradine.

Caroline de Costa, professor of obstetrics and gynaecology at Queensland's James Cook University, said the drug was widely used overseas and there was substantial evidence to show it was safe.

"Medical termination with this drug is available to women in North America, the United Kingdom, much of western Europe, Russia, China, Israel, New Zealand, Turkey, Tunisia, but not Australia," Professor de Costa told The Australian.

"The evidence is overwhelming that it is safe, effective and acceptable to women."

[continued - see link]
Edit: Obstetricians back abortion pill access

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
kangaroo said:
Well I'm glad that it is still banned. Since Australia is a democracy, I really don't think It'll be introduced anytime soon if at all.
Why? The allowance of RU486 would simply make an already legal operation safer. Do you have an objection to making abortions safer or would you prefer abortions place the heath of the mother at risk?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
kangaroo said:
ABORTION IS MURDER. No matter how the baby was concieved, whatever the circumstances including rape, it is killing. God knew each one of us before we were born, He knew everything that we were going to do in our life whilst we were still in the womb. If a woman was raped, is it really the baby's fault?. God has warned us not to kill, can you imagine the chastisements that await all women and doctors who help them abort?. They are killing God's smallest children, and without repentance I extremely doubt that it is a "crime" that'll be forgiven. It's part of God's will for each child, no matter the situation, however bad it may seem- You have His and His son's help, grace and mercy to guide you through it. The baby is a part of the woman, abort the child and she is killing a part of her soul.

situation:

mother is definatley going to die considering she is a 9 year old rape victim and her body is not mature enough to support the child. she will not even survive up to the 9 months, hence the baby will definatley neverthless die.

now if you were a doctor, would you let her keep the pregnancy going. Isn't that, in another way, murder too?

nwatts

HSC
kangaroo said:
ABORTION IS MURDER. No matter how the baby was concieved, whatever the circumstances including rape, it is killing. God knew each one of us before we were born, He knew everything that we were going to do in our life whilst we were still in the womb. If a woman was raped, is it really the baby's fault?. God has warned us not to kill, can you imagine the chastisements that await all women and doctors who help them abort?. They are killing God's smallest children, and without repentance I extremely doubt that it is a "crime" that'll be forgiven. It's part of God's will for each child, no matter the situation, however bad it may seem- You have His and His son's help, grace and mercy to guide you through it. The baby is a part of the woman, abort the child and she is killing a part of her soul.
Mate, if you left the first line of this drivel in we'd be arguing and thinking about what you have to say rather than thinking of ways to kill you.

You really need to learn how to express yourself if you want people to listen to what you have to say

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
nwatts said:
Mate, if you left the first line of this drivel in we'd be arguing and thinking about what you have to say rather than thinking of ways to kill you.

You really need to learn how to express yourself if you want people to listen to what you have to say
That website in your sig is priceless.

nwatts

HSC
kangaroo said:
Maybe you didn't read the first 500 times I said that God isn't an angry vengeful God. He ALLOWED the hurricane to happen, without creating it. If God wanted a life to die, then it would be part of His will and NOTHING could come in the way. God is the ONLY one that can decide if somebody lives or not. God is a merciful God, so forgiveness is always granted to us sinners when we come to Him with an open and sincere heart. However, this mercy is only available whilst on Earth. GOD IS ALSO A JUST GOD. So if we choose the not seek His mercy, then He will judge us as a just God for all our unconfessed sins. Unfortunately, many people whose lives were claimed by the hurricane had to go under God's just hand, because they didn't seek refuge under His merciful hand.
Got created earth. God created hurricanes.

Stop talking kangaroo. You make yourself look incredibly stupid, and you misrepresent Christianity.

nwatts

HSC
kangaroo said:
I'm sorry that you feel that way. You must remember that when Catholics pray to Mary, the Mother of God, and the saints it is to intercede to Jesus and God. Catholics are by no means worshipping them, by praying to them, but rather allowing them to intercede for us.
Yes, and where in the Bible does it say it's OK to pray to anyone else except God?

nwatts

HSC
kangaroo said:
hmm I could say the same for you couldn't I.
God created Earth, and He also created nature. But He does not start all violenet act of nature, a lot just starts by scientific means. But God is always in control. Our prayers to Him, are the only ways to ease or stop disasters coming our way.
I don't make a point of trying to convert people, silly. I'm hardly representative.

And i don't even want to comment on the rest of the crap you rave about.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Christianity is based upon new testament, Judaism is based on the old and its promise of a 'messiah'.

nwatts

HSC
kangaroo said:
It doesn't have any examples of people praying to the saints or our Blessed Lady. That is because the first saints and Mary were still here on Earth, so you couldn't actually do that. Mary, mother of God, comes from the same sacred heart of Jesus and shares His divine and infinite love for ALL of us. So then why wouldn't you pray to her to intercede for you to her son. The main purpose of praying to them is to bring us closer to God's son.
(I'm actually laughing while typing this.)

Good day to you. I'll leave others to argue with you, and your warped view of Christianity. (Mind you, I wouldn't expect a whole lot more from a Catholic.)

supercharged

HSC
N/A
kangaroo said:
It doesn't have any examples of people praying to the saints or our Blessed Lady. That is because the first saints and Mary were still here on Earth, so you couldn't actually do that. Mary, mother of God, comes from the same sacred heart of Jesus and shares His divine and infinite love for ALL of us. So then why wouldn't you pray to her to intercede for you to her son. The main purpose of praying to them is to bring us closer to God's son.
sacred heart? what is that? some kind of fancy pacemaker?

Mary was simply a human woman. She had NO godly supernatural powers and her only claim to fame was that she was choosen to be the birth mother of jesus. If you pray to mary, you are praying to a mortal human, she is not god and can't do anything more for you than if you prayed to homer simpson.

nwatts

HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Correction.

Christianity has major issues with pulling things out of thin air and passing it as fact.
Nope. Christianity pulls things out of the Bible.

Catholicism pulls things out of thin air.

nwatts

HSC
Damage Inc. said:
And catholicism is christianity by the way.
I personally don't consider it to be.

Catholics don't believe in the concept of grace, which is pretty crucial to salvation. They also pray to Mary and assorted other spookies (which isn't on). They're pretty fundamental aspects of the New Testament, which Christianity follows, but Catholicism doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)