• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Abortion debate (1 Viewer)

Abortion debate

• Abortion illegalised

Votes: 51 19.8%
  • Tougher laws

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • Keep current laws

Votes: 155 60.1%
  • don't care

Votes: 17 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
withoutaface said:
Last time I checked foetuses didn't breathe. :)
:/
i never thought about that :/

i think that abortion is the woman's choice, as it is her body. therefore the laws should remain the same...
someone else should not be allowed to make a decision for someone else unrightfully.
imo anyhoo

HSC
xoxo said:
well i personally would never have an abortion, not because of religious reasons but simply because i dont belive in it.

I cant say when human life begins because i dont know for sure and i think thats gonna be a never ending debate, but whether or not the foetus inside of u is 2 weeks old or 2 months old or however old it is, it is still LIVING.

i classify living as breathing and growing. These two things are surely happening to the baby/foetus/whatever you wanna call it, when it is in its mothers stomach.

having an abortion is killing something inside of u...soemthing thats a part of u...and i just could never go through with it.

Im not sure exactly what the current legislation is on abortion...but i think although i would never have it done i dont think it should b made illegal. I cant exactly explain why but yehh... thats my opinion

Someone's a bit confused i think but no matter.

To highlight some of the discrepancy's in the pro-life argument i will call upon the words of American comedian George Carlin:

"If a foetus is a human being how come the census doesn't count them? If a foetus is a human being then how come when there's a miscarriage they don't have a funeral? If a foetus is a human being how come people say I've got 2 children and one on the way instead of saying I have 3 children?"

"They're not pro life they're anti woman."

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
bshoc said:
Abortion = Legalized murder
mur·der (mûr'dər) pronunciation
n.

1. The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

Nice try though.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
yeh they dont breathe but theyre growing.

i couldnt abort personally.

at least i dont think i could.

people always go 'what if you were raped lololol' well i dunno if i was raped. cos i havent ever been raped. and i pray i never am. but i dont think i could abort it. its not the baby's fault. and people say its not breathing yet. sure but like its going to, unless i stop it. and i couldnt kill a life.

so i think abortion is wrong.

i understand peoples arguments. im not stupid. but thats my opinion. deal with it.

gerhard

HSC
jebbie said:
and i couldnt kill a life.
well thats the whole argument, isnt it, whether an unborn baby is a life or not. pro choice people couldnt kill a life either, they just disagree as to what a life actually is.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
mur·der (mûr'dər) pronunciation
n.

1. The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

Nice try though.
Not quite, it depends on whose law you abide by, and I have no intrest in obiding laws written by feminist murderers.

Last edited by a moderator:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
If killing a feotus is murder, and it was a criminal offense (this, my friends, means we're being hypothetical now, before you go insane), then could we charge a woman who accidently fell down a flight of stairs and as a result lost her unborn child?

Murder is murder afterall.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Interesting that.

Though I find a lot of anti-abortionists that agree that abortion=criminal offense to go insane and roll around in confusion with that question.

robbie1

HSC
Abortion is the work of Satan. He is destroying the family...abortion, gay marriage etc

Society today see children as a burden, instead of as a gift from God as they are - such a shame.

To those females who say "its my body bla bla" you are very wrong.

Your bodies belong to Jesus, your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. Did you create yourself? Did you create your arms and legs, decide how big or small you are? Did you choose how big your ears are?....Of course not, so how can you say your body is yours?

Satan is destroying the family, and once he does that his job becomes much easier. People dont believe he exists...thats his biggest strength. Its much easier to work through a soul which thinks you arent real.

Jesus won the battle with Satan, but we are fighting the battle with him today. How do you explain things like abortion...where people think its OK to murder an innocent baby?

Or the rape and murder of an 8 yr old girl....people are born good they arent born evil so where does this evil come from...Satan!

I was going to post a link to a really graphic image of an aborted baby so you sick people who believe in abortion can see what it looks like. Seriously, its disgusting. I looked at it for 5 seconds and I feel so sick...

Instead, here is Our Lord grieving over aborted babies:

http://www.bhm.dircon.co.uk/aborted.JPG

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
robbie1 said:
Abortion is the work of Satan. He is destroying the family...abortion, gay marriage etc

Society today see children as a burden, instead of as a gift from God as they are - such a shame.

To those females who say "its my body bla bla" you are very wrong.

Your bodies belong to Jesus, your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. Did you create yourself? Did you create your arms and legs, decide how big or small you are? Did you choose how big your ears are?....Of course not, so how can you say your body is yours?

Satan is destroying the family, and once he does that his job becomes much easier. People dont believe he exists...thats his biggest strength. Its much easier to work through a soul which thinks you arent real.

Jesus won the battle with Satan, but we are fighting the battle with him today. How do you explain things like abortion...where people think its OK to murder an innocent baby?

Or the rape and murder of an 8 yr old girl....people are born good they arent born evil so where does this evil come from...Satan!

I was going to post a link to a really graphic image of an aborted baby so you sick people who believe in abortion can see what it looks like. Seriously, its disgusting. I looked at it for 5 seconds and I feel so sick...

Instead, here is Our Lord grieving over aborted babies:

http://www.bhm.dircon.co.uk/aborted.JPG
If only there wasn't a character limit for sigs :(

EDIT: Rap music is the work of Satan.

robbie1

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
If God didn't want us to abort babies why'd he get the Romans to abort Jesus for him?
In short, He came to pay a debt He didn't owe, becasue we owed a debt we couldn't pay. Basically, because God loves us.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
withoutaface said:
If only there wasn't a character limit for sigs

EDIT: Rap music is the work of Satan.
One way to do it is to take a screenshot of it, save it as an image file and use that as ur sig ^_^

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Snow Pea! said:
:/
i never thought about that :/

i think that abortion is the woman's choice, as it is her body. therefore the laws should remain the same...
someone else should not be allowed to make a decision for someone else unrightfully.
imo anyhoo
The laws aren't remaining the same though, soon in Victoria, the law that states that a foetus can be aborted up to 8 months 3 weeks if the mother's life is endangered, is having the "if the mother's life is endangered" part removed.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
Interesting that.

Though I find a lot of anti-abortionists that agree that abortion=criminal offense to go insane and roll around in confusion with that question.
Why? Its involuntary manslaugher, what else could it be?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
bshoc said:
Why? Its involuntary manslaugher, what else could it be?
I'm checking for consistancy in pro-life supporters.

Most aren't when they come across that question.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
secret said:
You have some strong opinions there - especially regarding the last paragraph. However, "feminist murderers?" -let's hear your own evaluation of a feminist murderer?
All feminists are murderers or those who support it, there is a very small minority who oppose it, but its nothing notable.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
bshoc said:
All feminists are murderers or those who support it, there is a very small minority who oppose it, but its nothing notable.
I think the word "murderer" loses its emotive impact if used in this context. A large percentage of people support allowing the option to abort, regardless of whether if you personally agree with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)