about drop/transfer (1 Viewer)

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
So i've been feeling really down lately since uni started 5 days ago, because of a range of things....but just some quick questions:

I am doing comm/law, if I drop law second semester, that would mean I would be one subject behind in commerce, what happens if that becomes the case?

Is it possible to transfer from law to art? (becoming comm/art) If so, what would i need to do?

comm/art is okay to be a secondary school teacher?

many thanks

HSC
Just do the commerce subject during second semester and if you want to be a secondary school teacher, you really should be doing a BEd

spence

HSC
So i've been feeling really down lately since uni started 5 days ago, because of a range of things....but just some quick questions:

I am doing comm/law, if I drop law second semester, that would mean I would be one subject behind in commerce, what happens if that becomes the case?

Is it possible to transfer from law to art? (becoming comm/art) If so, what would i need to do?

comm/art is okay to be a secondary school teacher?

many thanks
I'm pretty sure if you go to straight commerce the law unit will count as an elective.

And with comm/arts, you should be able to do secondary teaching, as long as you follow it up with a DipEd or MTeach, etc.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
thanks, another quick question:

is it possible to, if i drop law second semester, to transfer from unsw to usyd? so i will be only doing commerce at usyd?

If anyone done something like me, do you recommend it?

thanks again

spence

HSC
thanks, another quick question:

is it possible to, if i drop law second semester, to transfer from unsw to usyd? so i will be only doing commerce at usyd?

If anyone done something like me, do you recommend it?

thanks again
Yep its definately possible

danielvh

HSC
I did something similar: I'm at UWA and was doing Law/Commerce. I dropped law after one semester as I hated it (just didn't find it interesting whatsoever) and changed to Economics/Commerce (I'm now just doing Economics though lol). The law units counted as electives so I wasn't behind at all.

If you wanted to do commerce I'm wondering why you'd want to switch from UNSW to USyd? I thought UNSW is meant to be better for commerce?

Regarding becoming a teacher, I'd think about what field you want to teach and then study that (eg arts with a major in history if you want to teach history, or commerce with a major in economics if you want to teach that) - then do the postgrad course (I think it might only be six months at the moment as teachers are in such high demand) to get the teaching qualifications.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
If you wanted to do commerce I'm wondering why you'd want to switch from UNSW to USyd? I thought UNSW is meant to be better for commerce?
I was told that today too, before I actually thought usyd was better with commerce, but aside from that I thought it would be closer to home and i knew more ppl there (awkward reason i noe:(), but now I guess I have to reconsider.

Btw, did you ever regret dropping law? I am kinda scare that I might regret later.

thanks

danielvh

HSC
Personally, I've never regretted dropping law. I didn't enjoy it and never wanted to be a lawyer anyway. At the same time I also found what I wanted to do with my life (Economics and Management Consulting) so am now heading towards that.

Unless you want to be a lawyer I can't see any reason to do law. It's long, expensive and difficult unless you're actually interested in it. People say "it's a good degree" and "it'll lead to other jobs besides law too" but you can easily substitute for this by doing well in the field you're actually interested in (which trust me, is so much easier to do and so much more rewarding)

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Just wondering, if I drop law in the first semester, but later decided that I want to do a graduate law degree, is it worse because I dropped law?

thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)