• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

above 90 in subject (1 Viewer)

when u achieve above "90" in a subject. wat have u got above 90 in, the hsc exam mark, the hsc mark, or is it to do with uai.

is every hsc mark scaled to give another mark for each subject?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
What do you mean by "achieve above 90"? Do you mean it as an assessment mark, a raw mark, an aligned mark, your HSC mark, or your UAI?

I_F

X

xeuyrawp

codereder said:
when u achieve above "90" in a subject. wat have u got above 90 in, the hsc exam mark, the hsc mark, or is it to do with uai.

is every hsc mark scaled to give another mark for each subject?
If you receive above 90 in your raw mark for a subject, you received 90 in the combination of HSC and school assesments; nothing's been changed to your mark. Essentially, if I got an internal mark of 80 in math, and an external mark of 100, I'd get a raw mark of 90.

I doubt many people talk about getting 90 in aligned or moderated marks.

u get ur name in the news paper for getting above 90 in a subject; wat "90" is this? raw mark? scaled? is it got anything to do with uai?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
codereder said:
u get ur name in the news paper for getting above 90 in a subject; wat "90" is this? raw mark? scaled? is it got anything to do with uai?
It's your UAI.

klaw

HSC
codereder said:
It's aligned marks before scaling

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
There's also the Premier's Award, which is given to people who have gotten a Band 6 in at least 10 units. This isn't listing by UAI, but obviously, all those Band 6's would've gotten you a preeeetty decent UAI. :D

Riviet

HSC
N/A
klaw said:
I think he's talking about the band 6 list
Yeah i know, i answered his question, if you get a UAI of 90 or higher, you will appear in the paper.

A l

HSC
N/A
The list of UAIs is not seen by the media. Everyone who gets 90 or above in their UAI are not acknowledged by the media (so far). However, the media acknowledges students who score a band 6 or band E4 (i.e. Final HSC mark of 90 or higher) in AT LEAST ONE COURSE (which is typical of most people who score UAIs over 90 anyway) as distinguished achievers. You get a special certificate of merit with your Higher School Certificate if you score band 6 or band E4 in a course.
If you score band 6 or band E4 in AT LEAST 10 UNITS of your study, you receive a Premier's Award in a special presentation and you are obviously acknowledged by the media as an All Rounder.
I think there are also other prizes for those who are known as Top Achievers in a course.
Here's the list of all the people who would have been acknowledged by the media last year for HSC 2004:
2004 DISTINGUISHED ACHIEVERS:
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/DSACH_2004_12.htm
2004 ALL ROUNDERS:
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/ALRND_2004_12.htm
2004 FIRST PLACE IN COURSE:
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/FSTIC_2004_12.htm
2004 TOP ACHIEVERS:
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/TAINC_2004_12.htm

Basically, you are acknowledged by the public through your HSC marks, not your UAI.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
codereder said:
No, It has nothng to do with ur UAI.

Its called the distinguished achievers list, and can be found on www.boardofstudies.com by visting the statistics section. This is also published in the newspaper.

When ur given ur marks by BOS, ur given ur Assessment mark, Exam mark and Final HSC mark.

The Final HSC mark is calculated by finding the average of ur Assessment mark and ur Exam mark, for each individual subject, if the average is 90 or above (i.e if ur Final HSC mark, is 90 or above) U will have ur name listed in the newspaper.

The 90, that they're looking for, is the Final HSC Mark. Ur Assessment mark is moderated using a fair process of moderation (u never get to see the mark that ur school sends to the bos) and ur Exam mark is Aligned, u Dont get to see ur Raw exam mark, u only see ur Aligned Exam mark!

IN SHORT....lol: If ur Final HSC mark for a subject is 90 or above, u will have ur name listed in th newspaper!

Riviet said:
Yeah i know, i answered his question, if you get a UAI of 90 or higher, you will appear in the paper.
I highly doubt that!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
codereder said:
couldnt u get like 85 in everything and then scale up to above 90 uai?? therefore no paper.
Yeah, that could happen, as i was wrong with what i said before.

X

xeuyrawp

Riviet said:
No, read what he said -- 'subject'.

The 90+ list contains everyone with 90+ as a raw mark.

A l

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
The 90+ list contains everyone with 90+ as a raw mark.
As far as I'm aware, that list contains everyone with band 6 or band E4 in at least one course so that means that the student must achieve 90 or above in terms of ALIGNED MARKS. Either way, those would 90+ as a raw mark would probably end up having 90+ as an aligned mark anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)