absolutely bored of studies.. (1 Viewer)

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
anyone else bored of studying?

..i only have a few days left to drop out before the census date. :)
i havent been putting any effort in uni at all.. and uni is quite expensive for "just something to do"..

..if i do drop and i discover that uni was the better alternative when would my next chance be to get back to uni? as a mature age student?

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
lizziegirl said:
im loving my course @ the moment. yeah its hard travelling 2 hrs to uni every day but the work itself is pretty interesting.
west pennant hills? wat uni do u go 2.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
You can defer for a semester or a year at any time in your degree. You may even be able to apply to defer now, before the census. I'd finish this semester if I were you, and then take the next half a year off and get a job, see how it works out.

The advantage of deferring is your place is still there if you decide to come back.

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
Graney said:
You can defer for a semester or a year at any time in your degree. You may even be able to apply to defer now, before the census. I'd finish this semester if I were you, and then take the next half a year off and get a job, see how it works out.

The advantage of deferring is your place is still there if you decide to come back.
really??? the only information i've read was being able to defer at the time that you get your place.
how do i go about in doing this??

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
1) You are doing Arts, you are obviously going to get bored.

2) You are doing Arts, which involves absolutely no effort.

3) You are doing Arts, which leads to no career.

4) You are doing Arts, why don't you just stop wasting tax payer money and drop put all ready.

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
jake2.0 said:
1) You are doing Arts, you are obviously going to get bored.

2) You are doing Arts, which involves absolutely no effort.

3) You are doing Arts, which leads to no career.

4) You are doing Arts, why don't you just stop wasting tax payer money and drop put all ready.
in response to four, because:

1) i don't know what i want to do yet and uni buys me time
2) ...there is no 2, just 1.

i'd reply to your criticism for the field of arts but i cant think of any (right now), not that im agreeing that your claims are true..

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
ITT original humor

In my online course enrolments page there is a button I can click and be deferred imediately, no questions asked. That is my uni. You experience may differ.

Season

HSC
Why do people insult others on the net? What a pointless exercise.

You can defer at any point in your degree.... but since you've already started you might as well finish this semester and then defer.

I think the rules at most universities say you have to finish your degree within 10 years... to be able to keep the credit.

I'd take a gap year if I were you, if you don't come back then you've found something better to do with your time. I don't think I've met a single person who took time off and regretted it.

MathsIsWeird

HSC
Well im doing a course as well (structural engineering) and im most likely going to drop after the semester and then undertake a couple of maths and physics courses at tafe because i am finding my current course extremely difficult, by leaving after the semester i can get a job as well as study the shorter courses then after this year get back into my course or another one if i so choose.
p.s. my course is tafe thats why i can get in again.

MathsIsWeird

HSC
If you can defer it i would say to do that because it gives you a chance to focus on what your goals are and how to achieve them.
And also Uni is expensive compared to Tafe so deferring will again be a better option if you dont see yourself going anywhere with your current course.

blerkles

HSC
N/A
Mathsisweird, I realise you are talking about TAFE and they have different systems, but if anyone is thinking of deferring/taking a leave of absence from uni, check the guidelines first as many uni's don't allow you to enrol anywhere else during your time off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)