academic transcript and switching degrees (1 Viewer)

lexie85

HSC
If i change degrees will my old degree results still show on my transcript ? is there any way to get rid of old fails ??

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yes it will appear on your transcript, as far as I know the only way to get it 'wiped' is to change institutions.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
If you repeat and pass the course fails are removed iirc...

Doesn't really help if you're changing degrees though.

X

xeuyrawp

Graney said:
If you repeat and pass the course fails are removed iirc...
I wish to have a new attempt for this unit added to my study plan because of a grade of P or PC.

In doing this I am aware that:

- Once eStudent Support confirms that the unit has been added to my study plan, it is my responsibility to enrol into this unit

- While the credit point(s) of the previous attempt will no longer count towards my degree, my GPA will still be affected

- If I want to enrol in a unit for the third time, and the unit is offered by a Division other than the Division of Information and Communication Sciences, then I will need to request permission to do so via the Special Approval (Waiver) form.

lexie85

HSC
damn, didnt think it would go anywhere. thanx anyway

on a side note, if im doing a double degree is it possible to defer one and complete the other ? or something along those lines

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I've seen people do that in Arts/Law but I dont think they defered per se just enrolled in all arts units for year and then came back and did the law ones later.

I check that out though

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
lexie85 said:
If i change degrees will my old degree results still show on my transcript ? is there any way to get rid of old fails ??
Pwar (Rob)'s post hit the nail on the head...
Having worked within the registrar's department/undergraduate studies/whatever it's being renamed to now, I'll confirm, Yes, the fails still stay on your transcript. FORREEVVERR (Yes, forever. Unless you successfully get a W grade, and then it shows "W" instead.). Not sure if it turns up on your final academic transcript.

As Asylum rightfully said, you could go to another uni and get (theoretically) credit for previous studies for the units you have completed (fail = not completed); thus, you'd not have the F on your record. Big hassle, though.

melsc said:
I've seen people do that in Arts/Law but I dont think they defered per se just enrolled in all arts units for year and then came back and did the law ones later.

I check that out though
Law has special rules, sometimes. Anything with law is open to exceptions (might be somethign to do with all those technicalities and exceptions that lawyers excel at)... When you say 'defer', you mean 'discontinue', technically. From there, anyone can discontinue (and later resume) their studies, simply by not enrolling in any subjects. i.e. You don't need to notify the uni you want to go away overseas for a year. You do, however, have to notify them you want to resume (i.e. when you come home).

If it makes you feel better about the F, average GPA is very close to 2.0, so that means there're a fair few people out there with a few Fs on their transcript, to offset the people getting CR+'s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)