Accelerating ahead of school vs revising school work (1 Viewer)

LMoura

HSC
Hey guys,
I'd love to know which is more effective in achieving band 6s, accelerating in your subjects over the holidays or revising what was done in class throughout the 1st term of yr12? And how?
Thanks in advance.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I always think it is more important to consolidate than accelerate. Of course, acceleration can help also, but not at the expense of thorough consolidation.

What is more effective for b6s is individual-I don't recall doing acceleration in any of the subs I b6ed for. (Unless you count reading English plays/novels early and stuff like that)

LMoura

HSC
Its not easy to make time for that :/ unless you have any ways/ideas you would like to share?

Immortalp00n

HSC
Its not easy to make time for that :/ unless you have any ways/ideas you would like to share?
well put it this way..
revising alone will make u solid in the first module, but how about the second?
going ahead will make u sorta dodgy in the second module ( hard to be perfect without explanation etc..) and on top of that you'll be rusty in module 1 coz u haven't revised it.

best way would be to manage ur time in revising the first module( more important) and slowly going ahead..

Ricktatorship

HSC
It would depend on the subject I guess. Maths would be harder to accelerate with for some as opposed with Modern, thus being less time effective. Although if you were very good at maths then you would find it relatively easier to accelerate. I personally have only been able to accelerate my maths because of my tutor, and the rest of my subs I'm just revising last terms work.

sinawi

HSC
Make sure you have absolutely all your notes and assignments for your first terms worth of work up to date and consolidated at the very least. Anything else is at your own leisure and/or discretion - like LoveHateSchool said, you might be better off reading ahead for particular subjects (English Texts), but not getting 'too' ahead of yourself else you might find yourself swamped in concepts you mightn't understand yet. Up to you :)

darkfenrir

HSC
Ive been doing 1.5-2.5 hrs study a day, been revising mod 1 of phys and chem every day but im too scared to start mod 2 cos I literally have no idea what kinda dot points to expect LOL.
Also I have conics open book test for 4u in week 4 of term 1, so ive been doing the conics questions in 2 past papers a day. Should I do more than that?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Accelerate.

Then when you first do things in class you'll actually be consolidating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)