Acceptable handwriting in English essays? (1 Viewer)

Vitrecan

HSC
Basically, as oppose to using your fingers and wrist to write, you instead use the flashy part of your forearm on the edge of the table, keep your wrist and fingers still and just use the motion of your arm on the table to write.

jojosiwa123

HSC
When I use gel pens and other pens that are smooth, I legit cannot control how my wriitng comes out because the pen is so smooth. I don't know why I write better with a 0.7 Muji pen even though everyone calls them trash. Do you have any Gel pen recommendations where smoothness does not lower your legibility
I use pilot G-2 07 (black)
the grip is really good and it doesn't smudge at all (uniball smudges heaps at least the ones ive used), it helps you write heaps faster as well while still maintaining good traction w the paper so u don't lose control. its really good if u need to write as fast as you think while still keeping it legible since its quite dark. it never unscrews either I didn't even know that's a problem ppl had lmao
the only downside is it gets quite fking expensive since it runs out fast, however its ur final years of highschool u might as well lol

studiesofboard

HSC
Basically, as oppose to using your fingers and wrist to write, you instead use the flashy part of your forearm on the edge of the table, keep your wrist and fingers still and just use the motion of your arm on the table to write.
Gotcha :)

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Would recommend to write a bit bigger if this is like English cause you have unlimited space and it’s usually easier to read if it’s bigger

idkkdi

HSC
When I use gel pens and other pens that are smooth, I legit cannot control how my wriitng comes out because the pen is so smooth. I don't know why I write better with a 0.7 Muji pen even though everyone calls them trash. Do you have any Gel pen recommendations where smoothness does not lower your legibility
iirc, i found jetstream pretty hard to control. so @quickoats jetstream suggestion might not be the best. However, i think the retractable ones were smoother than the stick ones.

dumNerd

HSC
iirc, i found jetstream pretty hard to control. so @quickoats jetstream suggestion might not be the best. However, i think the retractable ones were smoother than the stick ones.
Have you tried the BIC Atlantis?

idkkdi

HSC
Have you tried the BIC Atlantis?
i don't like using any ballpoint other than jetstream, but those have ink barrels which start skipping after the pen is dropped.

BIC atlantis gel is a pretty typical gel pen iirc.

muji's are pretty good, but their barrels can get slippery.

dumNerd

HSC
i don't like using any ballpoint other than jetstream, but those have ink barrels which start skipping after the pen is dropped.

BIC atlantis gel is a pretty typical gel pen iirc.

muji's are pretty good, but their barrels can get slippery.
I can't control the BIC Atlantis pen, do you reckon that I would be able to do well with the uni jetstream? Also I liked the Muji pens 0.7 size, however I think I could do better with a pen a bit smoother

idkkdi

HSC
I can't control the BIC Atlantis pen, do you reckon that I would be able to do well with the uni jetstream? Also I liked the Muji pens 0.7 size, however I think I could do better with a pen a bit smoother
forgotten the feel of the atlantis. lol just spend 5 bucks (or less for the stick).

dumNerd

HSC
I use pilot G-2 07 (black)
the grip is really good and it doesn't smudge at all (uniball smudges heaps at least the ones ive used), it helps you write heaps faster as well while still maintaining good traction w the paper so u don't lose control. its really good if u need to write as fast as you think while still keeping it legible since its quite dark. it never unscrews either I didn't even know that's a problem ppl had lmao
the only downside is it gets quite fking expensive since it runs out fast, however its ur final years of highschool u might as well lol
Can you link please

jojosiwa123

HSC
Can you link please
also use these if the pilot ones r unavailable:
they're a bit cheaper (and just noticed they're uniball so maybe it isnt all bad lol). personally never had any issues w the tip unscrewing or whatever but I think these are a bit faster than the first one so could be a problem for u
this one doesn't smudge at all but its too slow for me not sure if that even makes sense lol and the grip isnt as good

idkkdi

HSC
Can you link please
G2 and 307 are both probably just as smooth if not smoother than the Atlantis. However the smaller the nib the less smooth it is. So perhaps the Atlantis is smoother than some variants.

jojosiwa123

HSC
can't believe we're in depth discussing pens here hahah... anyway honestly just go to ur closest officeworks and try out a bunch of diff ones to work out what works best for you

dumNerd

HSC
G2 and 307 are both probably just as smooth if not smoother than the Atlantis. However the smaller the nib the less smooth it is. So perhaps the Atlantis is smoother than some variants.
I think it's just the bigger nib in the Atlantis that ***** me up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)