Accepting UWS Early Offer? (1 Viewer)

HSC
If I was to get a UWS Early Offer and accept it, go to the university on the allocated days to pick up the student ID card and Ipad (The 22nd and 23rd of December), would it be hard to return all the stuff to UWS and decline the offer if I was to accept another offer from another university in the main round??

Thanks.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I think you can change universities based on your offers simply because it is your choice as well.

However, I think you need to re-order your preferences and have the UWS preference in there. However, I don't think you should pick up the id card and Ipad, simply because that will require enrolment and will most likely end up with you being locked in uni for one semester. If you don't show up, they may ask for HECS fees (its hard to un-enroll apparently).

Not too sure though. Hope this helps. Good luck!!!

HSC
I think you can change universities based on your offers simply because it is your choice as well.

However, I think you need to re-order your preferences and have the UWS preference in there. However, I don't think you should pick up the id card and Ipad, simply because that will require enrolment and will most likely end up with you being locked in uni for one semester. If you don't show up, they may ask for HECS fees (its hard to un-enroll apparently).

Not too sure though. Hope this helps. Good luck!!!
Hmm I see.. It doesn't say anything about enrollment in the pamphlet thing I was given, it just says "22 & 23rd Decemeber UWS students pick up their student ID card and Ipad.", but maybe that's the con?

What if I wasn't to pick up the Ipad and Student Card, would they let me get it later if I accepted the offer or would my offer be cancelled? I just don't want to be as you said 'Locked in' because I would like to see what other offers I get in main round.

Thanks for the fast reply.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
When they introduced the ipads it was on the condition that if you left from the university before a particular time (usually the cenus date, which is around 1 month after uni starts) you had to return the ipad, or pay for it's full cost.

So I assume they will not have changed it less than a year later. Sorry :p

If you think you might get an offer elsewhere at a later date, I'd either hold out on collecting on that ipad to avoid the hassle, or enjoy your ipad for a few weeks and return it :p

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Enrolling at a university doesn't lock you into studying there for at least one semester.

You are able to renege.

HSC
Enrolling at a university doesn't lock you into studying there for at least one semester.

You are able to renege.
I just don't understand how I would pull out of the offer after enrolling? Is it difficult to do so because I just read that they want you to enroll online on the 20th December if you get an early offer.. So I could enroll and still accept another universitys offer later and enroll in another university without any hassles?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I just don't understand how I would pull out of the offer after enrolling? Is it difficult to do so because I just read that they want you to enroll online on the 20th December if you get an early offer.. So I could enroll and still accept another universitys offer later and enroll in another university without any hassles?
Pretty much.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
-You fill out a special form that cancels your position in the course. You can do this at any time during your degree, even before you start. Fairly sure I printed mine out, but I think you can get it at student central too. Then I handed back my card and it was all good.
-Enrolling to another uni/accepting their offer is simple. They don't communicate with each other, so they don't know that you've accepted a spot elsewhere.

I'd say; Enrol into UWS. Don't collect any student id or ipad or whatever, go later. If you get a better offer elsewhere, accept that and fill out the form. Don't select classes or anything until your certain, just enrol into the course.

HSC
-You fill out a special form that cancels your position in the course. You can do this at any time during your degree, even before you start. Fairly sure I printed mine out, but I think you can get it at student central too. Then I handed back my card and it was all good.
-Enrolling to another uni/accepting their offer is simple. They don't communicate with each other, so they don't know that you've accepted a spot elsewhere.

I'd say; Enrol into UWS. Don't collect any student id or ipad or whatever, go later. If you get a better offer elsewhere, accept that and fill out the form. Don't select classes or anything until your certain, just enrol into the course.
Hahaha awesome :D . Thanks for explaining that because that's what I was most worried about.

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)