Accomplishments In Stuvac. (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
So seeing that we have a few days to the start of the HSC, what have you people actually accomplished in the stuvac and also how prepared are you?

Business:
Gone through most of marketing, change, global and half way through employment relations
Yet to do finance and memorize/fine tune case studies. Should be fine.

English:

2 Creative writing tasks with bits and pieces I have to fit in
3 Essays. As above. Started a few more, but haven't touched them for a while :eek:
Did a few reading sections.
Just have to fine tune everything. Pretty confident about it, just hope to get adaptable questions.

Modern:
Did a majority of conflict notes
Did a majority of Germany notes
Yet to write practice essays which encompasses all information. I'm worried that i won't have enough time to memorize everything i need to know! :( And oh yes, fucking Leni.

Maths:
Revised most topics, but still need a lot more practice.

SOR2:

Did a majority of one of the foundations studies and that’s about it. Thank God, I got a week to study for it.

I Still got so much to fucking do.

passion89

HSC
Physics: Did a shitload of papers and have revised this subject the most

Maths: Did around 7 past papers and planning to revise some of the chapters a little more in the coming days.

Chemistry: Did some practice papers and just need to revise some 'own research' type syllabus points.

Economics: Revised a bit for eco.

Haven't touched english Adv nor extension and am freaking out about both :uhoh:

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
I pasted this in a goals/aims thread going into STUVAC, so now I'll add what I actually did:

Biology
· Past papers from book- did about 4/5
· Fix missing/unsubstantial notes- done
· Memorise problem areas- almost done

Chemistry
· Past papers from book- did about 2/3
· Fix missing/unsubstantial notes- done
· Memorise problem areas- getting there

Drama
· Fix:
o SSSET- done
o Australian Drama- done
· Make into point form- done
· Practise writing under time- tomorrow!

English
· Fix:
o AOS: minor notes, links- done
o Emma/Clueless: context, synthesise- done
o King Lear: improve flow, use comments- done
· Make into point form- done
· Practise writing under time- done and still doing
· Practise different questions and text types- still doing

Maths
· Past papers from book- done like a million
· Focus on problem areas- done
· Questions from textbook if required- not required

So, I'm pretty happy.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
english
AOS - nothing
modules - touched up mod A and mod B

maths
4 x 3u papers
2 x 4u papers
no topic revision yet

physics
20 pages of 'dot point physics'

eco
nothing

cosmology
10300 words

fuck, i started too late :(

P

pLuvia

Maths 3u - countless number of past papers
Maths 4u - 14 past papers, some other revision
Chemistry - Finished all the revision questions from the Success One book, bar the options, did all the past papers as well. Good with CMM, rusty on AE and POM, still got more to do on option topic
Japanese Cont - 7 past papers, 4 listening tasks, some writing
Japanese Ext - 1 past papers, some writing tasks. Need to look over the prescribed text and read over Ototake book once more
English - Finished the 4 essays needed, haven't done any practice.

Last edited by a moderator:

karoooh

HSC
Bookie said:
english
AOS - nothing
modules - touched up mod A and mod B

maths
4 x 3u papers
2 x 4u papers
no topic revision yet

physics
20 pages of 'dot point physics'

eco
nothing

cosmology
10300 words

fuck, i started too late :(
I didn't start too late, but I'm really behind - It didn't go according to plan. :(

Maths:
-7-9 Past papers
-Went over problem areas
-Did topic questions

Bus. Stud.:
-1/2 a case study essay
-Started going over case study
-Went over Global

Eng.:
-AOS notes
-Mod. A notes
-Fine tuned a couple of essays
-Memorised one
-Started on a creative piece

Anc. Hist.:
-Pompeii: Written alot of notes and gone over them. Still not finished. Not worried.
-Sparta: Not worried bout it, pretty much fine and plan to read over it a couple more times
-Cleopatra: Will revise most notes and do a few practice questions, not really worried bout this either.
-Fall of Republic: My weak point. Plan to go over notes and maybe an essay, but I really don't plan to do too much on it. How well I go will depend on the question. I'll practice with an essay or two, but otherwise, nothing else.

Physics:
-Haven't done a single thing. I plan to, but can't make myself pick up any notes. Don't wnat to either.

Woah. I'm really behind. :(

Tim035

HSC
Maths (2 unit): Being doing one set of questions 6-10 from a past trial/hsc every day. I can do 86-04 HSC's fine but 2005 Makes me cry every time I try it as do James Ruse papers....

English advance: Writing one essay to a practice question within 40 mintues once every day + reading over and memorising all generic essays + 2 creative pieces done for AOS (exceptionally proud of one of them, might post it once Eng paper 1 is over). Need to do a couple of paper one section 1's earlier next week.

English Extension: 2 practice essays and 3 creative pieces done but yet to commit to memory (I've got 4 days between exams if I really want to purely cram for this).

PDHPE: Finished writing notes on all sections I find harder to recall/ memorise.
Done most of the practice questions off that sticky in the pdhpe forums.

Chemistry: Did the option sections of STA 03-05 and HSC 01-05. Did all the yearly revision questions from chemistrycoach.com.au. Now redoing some trial papers I did a long time ago such as James Ruse 02-03 and Catholic/ Idependant 02-05. Yet to write my cram notes on concepts I find more difficult/ need to stash in short term memory.

Biology: Finished all cram notes on concepts I find harder/ difficult to commit to long term memory. Somewhere between 8 and 10 trial papers done. Plan to read over my syllabus summaries and cram notes A LOT in the next 3-4 days + do the longer (4+ markers) from the HSC's since I did HSC's long time ago.

And yes I've done this on between 6-8 hours every day so stuff all those ppl claiming to be doing 10+ hours a day

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
:eek: You all look really dedicated! I don't remember ever doing too much during that time, but then again, I hardly remember what I did last year--uni tends to do that to you.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
For the trials I had hardly any time to study as vigorously as I have now cause I had 2 major works and trials were really early. So i'm pretty happy now.. as happy as you can be. I have 7 exams, with 6 subjects... nooooooooooooo

Visual Arts: 3 practice essays for the different frames. Rewrote and beefed up one I got 23/25 for. Already had notes for 60 artists and styles.
Compiled and completed plans for the responses in Section 1.
Also did quick summaries of all the "Frames"

English Extension 1:
Beefed up practice essays, basically know what I need. Touched up Creative writing style based on two genres, Golden Age and Hard Boiled. Considering a Third to try out. Realise that probbably will be asked to write something then Evaluated it. Will die.

Studies of Religion: Compiled Notes for Essay (to be written, GRR), practiced multiple choice which i'm crap at and written entire dot points for both Foundation 1 and 2.

English AOS:
Done creative task, scouting round for an easy way to write feature articles. Practiced 3 past papers for their unseen texts. Refreshed vocabularly regarding things like "metaphor" whatever. Um... Rehashed my 14/15 essay from the Trial with better more concise and sophisticated responses. Fuck you Skyznecki.

English MODS:
Working on Practice Essays which basically ends up summarising my notes. So annoyingly HARD.

Ancient History:

Minoan: 96 written pages/glued in sheets of notes done last summer holidays whilst avoiding relatives.
Hatshepsut: Gotta reitterate
Pomp + Herc: Gotta Reitterate (weakest)
New Kingdom Egypt to the Death of Thut IV: 5 Practice Essays. Doing outlines for the others.

History Extension: OH FUCK.

I do'nt want to do anymore. I just want to go to BDO or the beach.

Love to all

Tim035

HSC
luscious-llama said:
I do'nt want to do anymore. I just want to go to BDO or the beach.

Love to all
I know what you mean! this weather makes studying a bigger bitch then she already is, just give me the HSC now..get it over and done with

Loz_metalhead

HSC
English(Standard)-Prepared creative writing and practiced writing it out once. Nearly memorised all essays and have practice writing them out once.

Mathematics 2U: Have done alot of past papers. About 7 I think.

Biology: Studied all the topics and have done alot of multiple choice. Lol.

Chemistry: Nothing

Economics: Gone through all the topics. Hopefully today I can go through policies and globalisation

Business studies: Studied all the topics. Need to revise case studies

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
ENGLISH: written a story, written a journeys essay (only one related), written a module B essay, written a module C essay (only one related).

GENERAL MATHS: about 20 past papers, and practise off this program thing i got. And also writing notes off the syllabus.

BIOLOGY: did Neap papers 01-03, all of HSC multiple choice and added to own notes from it; finished communication summary; wrote up pracs for all topics.

LEGAL: not a lot...just started typing up my crime summary today and planning on doing a couple of past crime questions when im done.

HISTORY: finished albert speer and got a bit of historiography; finished copious amount of notes for arab-israeli and typed them up; tiny amount of WWI revision and a bit of germany revision and added some historian quotes.

everyone else has done a million times more than me...

bboyelement

HSC
officially finished english all essays ...
maths 4 unit ... 10 papers
3 unit - like 5
physics - 4
chemistry - nothing, its my last exam and i have 9 days to study for it
sdd - nothing ... and nothing

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
shit. u guys r freaks =o

English
did 5 creative writings
did essay for everything
tried every textype there is
tried every hsc Q i can get my hand on
(but not sure about their quality)

Maths
11 x 4u papers
12 x 3u papers

Chemistry
in process of resummarising my summary

Physics
wrote shortest possible summary

Economics
er. what?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)