Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

NickLG

HSC
yep i'm a second round KPMG offer as well, i wasn't too sure whether i was ganna bother since i've been offered PwC but my parents said i should still go and if I was to get accepted then I could weigh up the better offer rather than just restricting myself already................I'm monday week for MMA if anyone's on then.

Nick

Black Hawker

HSC
I've heard back from the following:

- Ernst & Young
- WalterTurnbull
- PWC
- Walker Wayland
- KPMG
- Deloitte
- Accru Felsers

Has anyone heard from the following?

- PKF
- McGrathNicol
- HLB Mann Judd
- RSM Bird Cameron
- Pitcher Partners
- Camphin Boston
- Coulton Issac Barber
- Chapman Eastway
- Nexia Court

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
In general, don't the mid-tiers tend to wait until after the Big4 have done their offers? That's how it has been in the past IIRC.

kam9kan10

HSC
NickLeG said:
yep i'm a second round KPMG offer as well, i wasn't too sure whether i was ganna bother since i've been offered PwC but my parents said i should still go and if I was to get accepted then I could weigh up the better offer rather than just restricting myself already................I'm monday week for MMA if anyone's on then.

Nick
If i'm not mistaken second round is for Tax, if so you won't be doing Tax over a normal audit or assurance cadetship, people that i know are doing Tax now can't tell me about how horribly it is, might aswell give the others a chance seeing as you wouldn't do Tax over audit and assurance

Black Hawker

HSC
seremify007 said:
In general, don't the mid-tiers tend to wait until after the Big4 have done their offers? That's how it has been in the past IIRC.
Oh alright. So that means that I still have a chance of interviews at the other firms?

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
NICKLEG CONGRATS MATE!!!!!!! I was also at conquest yesterday, but i wasnt lucky enuff to get a call last nite lol... which table were u sitting at? wats ur name (lol is it nick? Nick P.)?

summermagic

HSC
Black Hawker said:

- Ernst & Young
- WalterTurnbull
- PWC
- Walker Wayland
- KPMG
- Deloitte
- Accru Felsers

- PKF
- McGrathNicol
- HLB Mann Judd
- RSM Bird Cameron
- Pitcher Partners
- Camphin Boston
- Coulton Issac Barber
- Chapman Eastway
- Nexia Court
You've heard back from Acrru?? Did they call or was it by email? I haven't heard from anyone on your 2nd list though. Still waiting.

HSC
Black Hawker said:

- Ernst & Young
- WalterTurnbull
- PWC
- Walker Wayland
- KPMG
- Deloitte
- Accru Felsers

- PKF
- McGrathNicol
- HLB Mann Judd
- RSM Bird Cameron
- Pitcher Partners
- Camphin Boston
- Coulton Issac Barber
- Chapman Eastway
- Nexia Court
yessss i was offered interviews with PKF, HLB, Ptcher and Chapman Eastway

sc1991

HSC
At what firms were you offered cadetships Kam9Kan10, and for that matter, where have other Melbournians had cadetship offers?

Last edited:

kam9kan10

HSC
i've signed with KPMG a friend of mine is yet to sign and also has EY deloitte and KPMG on the table, I don't know anything about the mid tiers as i cancelled all my mid tier interviews.

ed1090

HSC
hey kam9kan10, what mid-tier firm interviews did u have, apart from MS??

Ovaschool303

HSC
Black Hawker said:

- Ernst & Young
- WalterTurnbull
- PWC
- Walker Wayland
- KPMG
- Deloitte
- Accru Felsers

- PKF
- McGrathNicol
- HLB Mann Judd
- RSM Bird Cameron
- Pitcher Partners
- Camphin Boston
- Coulton Issac Barber
- Chapman Eastway
- Nexia Court
Yeah I have heard back from PKF, Mann Judd, Pitcher Partners, Camphin Boston, CIB and Chapman Eastway

kam9kan10

HSC
ed1090 said:
hey kam9kan10, what mid-tier firm interviews did u have, apart from MS??
MS and PKF the two i applied for. I don't think there's too many other good ones in Melbourne maybe ferrier but i didn't have time to fill their app out.

sc1991

HSC
I'm having trouble deciding between PWC, EY and Deloitte.
Can anyone help or provide any insight?!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Black Hawker said:
Oh alright. So that means that I still have a chance of interviews at the other firms?
There is no definitive answer, but I remember getting called up for various mid-tier and top50 firms weeks after I had already signed my cadetship as they usually wait back a bit. Some mid-tiers do let you know you've been offered an interview early on though.

sc1991 said:
I'm having trouble deciding between PWC, EY and Deloitte.
Can anyone help or provide any insight?!
Apart from the obvious which one did you feel most comfortable with in terms of people, atmosphere, etc... it also comes down to what line of service and client group you have been offered in each and how they relate both to your interests, and the ability to grow in the future.

Black Hawker

HSC
summermagic said:
You've heard back from Acrru?? Did they call or was it by email? I haven't heard from anyone on your 2nd list though. Still waiting.
Yep, I had two miss calls from them on Friday. Called them back after school and was asked to come for an interview during the second week of the holidays. Told to bring all report from School Certificate onwards.

knightsfan2707 said:
yessss i was offered interviews with PKF, HLB, Ptcher and Chapman Eastway
Ovaschool303 said:
Yeah I have heard back from PKF, Mann Judd, Pitcher Partners, Camphin Boston, CIB and Chapman Eastway
Oh right. I hope they haven't finished calling people for interviews.

seremify007 said:
There is no definitive answer, but I remember getting called up for various mid-tier and top50 firms weeks after I had already signed my cadetship as they usually wait back a bit. Some mid-tiers do let you know you've been offered an interview early on though.
That's good to hear then. Thanks. :D

lisycakes

HSC
hey, who was at PITCHER PATNERS assesment centre on friday?

the company is awsome! and i think the group of us were heaps good together !

Lisa

Last edited:

ShadowSwifter

HSC
Ovaschool303 said:
i thought CIB won't be due until 1st of august?

summermagic

HSC
Black Hawker said:
summermagic said:
Yep, I had two miss calls from them on Friday. Called them back after school and was asked to come for an interview during the second week of the holidays. Told to bring all report from School Certificate onwards.
Eeeeek, I really wanted an interview with Accru!! They sound like they're really big on marks though and I know that my midcourse doesn't look too good, but seriously everything else is really good. Nooooo. *Prays for interview*

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)