Accounting Cadetship 2008 (2 Viewers)

leoyh

mic`
HSC
can anyone share their insight into what goes on at pwc conquest? what you need to do etc? i have mine tomorrow - audit and assurance. oh and what time did you guys show up, 8.45 or 9.30? (the interview scheduler and email are conflicting as im sure you guys know)

Last edited:

Lordie

HSC
I had Conquest today for Assurance! Hey everyone who was there. It's a good day. Just a lot of stuff goes on!!

Yeah Jimmy, what day did you go?? And was it for Tax or Assurance?

Has anyone heard back from PKF, I had an interview yesterday, don't know if they cntact us or what!

shakky15

HSC
Lordie said:
I Just Got A Position In Pwc!
oh wow congrats!!! im so jealous lol... but im doing tax/legal

lol how late can it get before they stop offering

Lordie

HSC
shakky15 said:
oh wow congrats!!! im so jealous lol... but im doing tax/legal

lol how late can it get before they stop offering
Thursday.

Well I had the interview today, and the guy that just called me told me that, "We don't usually pick people so soon after the interview"

So don't worry, wait til Thursday!

shakky15

HSC
leoyh said:
can anyone share their insight into what goes on at pwc conquest? what you need to do etc? i have mine tomorrow - audit and assurance. oh and what time did you guys show up, 8.45 or 9.30? (the interview scheduler and email are conflicting as im sure you guys know)
conquest is plenty of fun (especially the role play i found...). dont stress!!

the day starts at around 9.30 but when i got there at 9.00 there were heaps of people there already, So, the day officially starts at 9.30 but get there early

good luck!

shakky15

HSC
Lordie said:
Thursday.

Well I had the interview today, and the guy that just called me told me that, "We don't usually pick people so soon after the interview"

So don't worry, wait til Thursday!
ahh k good good lol.. omg i REALLY want this

Guol

Awesome Member
HSC
went to PwC conquest today.
a friend of mine went yesterday and got called the very same day.

so i'm hoping that the fact i didn't get called today doesn't rule out the chance of me getting accepted. did anyone actually make it in but get called on the day after?

jimmyb8

HSC
i was tax and legal and was today (tuesday)

the process isnt too daunting u cant really prepare for it.. just be very sociable in the group activities and interview and u will hav no problems

GOOD LUCK

NickLG

HSC
jimmy and storz, top job. The view boys are taking over PwC!!!!

Do either of you know how malloy, masi, combs, chan and the rest went.

Nick

Lordie

HSC
Guol said:
went to PwC conquest today.
a friend of mine went yesterday and got called the very same day.

so i'm hoping that the fact i didn't get called today doesn't rule out the chance of me getting accepted. did anyone actually make it in but get called on the day after?
Were you there for Assurance?

Wonder who you are... :p

I was the one who's numberical test didn't work!

shakky15

HSC
Lordie said:
Were you there for Assurance?

Wonder who you are... :p

I was the one who's numberical test didn't work!
HAHAHAH i think i know u!!!!

i was the only guy in school uniform lol... and i didnt get a badge either rofl.. r ur initials CJ

Lordie

HSC
Ayee!! Yes I know you, met you in the lobby. Yes, I'm CJ :p

Nice to meet you again!

Good luck with getting the job, I'm sure you will (I reckon your uniform would impress them!! :D)

shakky15

HSC
ROFL about the uniform omg that was humiliating... and then the BADGE incident omg

lol but i got over it quickly.... fun day overall ...

yeh ive got my hopes up lol they did say that a response should be by friday so im gonna wait it out..

Guol

Awesome Member
HSC
haha i was in tax and legal.

but yeah at Lordie/CJ - i had the numerical test same time as you. shame on you for not being able to operate a pc :p

yeah i'm hoping for pwc. i quite enjoyed conquest to be honest and i think it would be a shame to get rejected ><

Last edited:
HSC
couple of questionsss for those who know the answer

how much money do cadets get? What are the variations between small-mid-large companies???
and during the 3rd and 4th year while ure studying full time, do they still pay u the same amount as they did in the 1st and 2nd year? is this consistent with all firms?

ive been wayyyy to scared to ask this during interviews/insight nightss...but yeah does anyone have any idea?

Ovaschool303

HSC
Most firms pay the same between 30-34k when working full time. I think when studying full time they give u (roughly) about $300 a fortnight and then when you work for them full time during vaction periods then you go onto a fixed rate... no idea what it is. I know all firms have the same full time salary just discrepencies in part-time and also benefits such as gym membership, book allowance, part time rate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)