Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
I do know several people who were cadets at mid tiers but are now working in big 4 as graduates, so it certainly isn't the end of the road.

ShadowSwifter

HSC
everyone is so cool at PwC function today :D

when is deloittes' celebration? just curious lol

Last edited:

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
i didnt rcv a reply from duncan dovico. i emailed them my resume n cover letter as they asked n they still havnt got back to me???

yeh pwc celebration was kinda awesome tonite! they said theyve offered 72 cadetships this yr across tax & legal and assurance. i said 75 before sorry but close enuff....

NickLG

HSC
Hey who was the guy that came up to me tonight and was like "I know you from BoS" lol? PwC tonight was awesome, how good was the food???!!!

Nick

ShadowSwifter

HSC
NickLeG said:
Hey who was the guy that came up to me tonight and was like "I know you from BoS" lol? PwC tonight was awesome, how good was the food???!!!

Nick
i should have eaten more prawns :(

shadyhaze

HSC
is the KPMG thing on friday compulsory?
hmm business attire :( i dont want to wear a tie again! ohwell ill go to tution in a suit

how nice was the contract thing they sent, i didnt get any others so i wudnt know if every company gave the same thing, but yeahh giving us our own business cards already was pretty sweet

wow 30 places in audit? but is that including the fact they know a fair few ppl will drop out of em? i know 4 mates not accepting KPMG i think, so yeah is it like 30+, with an aim of getting 30? or like 30 with knowing ppl drop out

ShadowSwifter

HSC
shadyhaze said:
is the KPMG thing on friday compulsory?
hmm business attire :( i dont want to wear a tie again! ohwell ill go to tution in a suit

how nice was the contract thing they sent, i didnt get any others so i wudnt know if every company gave the same thing, but yeahh giving us our own business cards already was pretty sweet

wow 30 places in audit? but is that including the fact they know a fair few ppl will drop out of em? i know 4 mates not accepting KPMG i think, so yeah is it like 30+, with an aim of getting 30? or like 30 with knowing ppl drop out
yeh PwC printed our own cards too, what else did KPMG give? I heard you guys got a iPod Shuffle?:shy: or was that deloittes lol

Last edited:

jordankuai22

HSC
ZacEshaay said:
PwC are celebrating RIGHT NOW.

sigh..

mid-tier career for me!
HAHA HAHA CUMDUMPSTER

mps15485 said:
Jordan,

You really have troubles depicting reality and communicating clearly. Your story grows more and more complex every time. Interviews, sleeping in, inter-state interviews, attaining an accounting scholarship... Goodness, it is all happening in your life!

For the record, an accounting scholarship at UTS (where I attended... I studied out at the Kurringai Campus) is less benefficial than a cadetship. You need to pass all your subjects, and between you and me, accountancy/business/finance degrees are bloody hard. But, judging from your overly egocentric posts, you will be 'fine'. You come across as a person who is easily intimidated and untrustworthy. Also, your negative postings reveal something quite striking - you put others down readily! With postings of that nature, who would want you in their firm? Also, I pity your social life, staying online to the early hours of the morning.

Jordan, get some guts and stop hiding behind layer upon layer of utter rubbish. Get a pair (or grow a pair) and use them. In the world of business, if you carry on, like you are now, you won't get very far!

I would much prefer a cadetship, as I would have a driving force/motivational tool while I study. Whereas, if I am on a scholarship, I still need to line up a job down the track. Oh, and here's another thing Jordan, your lecturers and tutors don't give a flying fuck who you are, what school you went to, where you live etcetera. If you can't produce the results, or work to the standard, they will fail you! Know that this reality will face you in every subject. So much so, there is pressure on you!

Good luck mate, because you are sure going to need it!
I recieved this as a PM.

I also loll'd at the effort for someone that pitys my social life.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
NickLeG said:

Nick
Believe it or not it wasn't me- but I've had more than my fair share of people from BoS coming up to me at various events... I still don't know how they figure it out.. sneaky bunch of people those BoSers are though!

ShadowSwifter

HSC
ZacEshaay said:
PwC are celebrating RIGHT NOW.

sigh..

mid-tier career for me!
frankly the exposure you get from mid-tier is better than not having any at all. its all about working hard and work your way up, im sure if you applied for a job in the future for Big 4, your mid tier crudentials would look a lot more attractive than people who just graduated with a standard uni degree

shadyhaze

HSC
nahh KPMG didnt give ipod shuffles, unless its hidden the business case they gave

i think its called business case (or i made tht up - the leather thing that everyone has?) and a parker pen

i like it, mainly coz it saves me spending 100+$ buying one myself :p

shadyhaze

HSC
Vagabond said:
^ This guy is in for an unpleasant surprise when he starts working
ahaha, by then it will be fine, but business attire to a cocktail event? kinda odd to me! i bought an awesome shirt to wear to a cocktail type event

leoyh

mic`
HSC
s2hO said:
Got An Offer At Ferrier Hodgson!

:d:d
congrats! how was the recruitment process etc? how many did they take? LOL i had to call them to decline my interview

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)