Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

Ovaschool303

HSC
swathard said:
hey i was wondering if anyone's gotten into chapman eastway? it's a mid-tier firm and i was also wondering how much money they offer? thanks.
Yeah they made me an offer... really surprising pay package... 35000. I didnt accept because I am with PwC but yeah, guess u could say i am really surprised that they are paying so much... compared to PwC and even most other firms I guess. Guess going back to what Jordan said... you're not doing it for the money... you're doing it for the training you get at a big 4 and also the fact you can start your CA straight away.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
^ they probably take like 5 cadets, if not less, so i guess they can afford to pay more. i would assume that would be the trend in the much smaller firms

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
leoyh said:
^ they probably take like 5 cadets, if not less, so i guess they can afford to pay more. i would assume that would be the trend in the much smaller firms
I'm more inclined to think it's because they need to attract and retain staff because the Big4 lure is very strong in terms of better training opportunities, wider (and ore reputable) client exposure, more social events/larger social budget, future job prospects within the firm and associated salaries, as well as future job prospects based on the firm's reputation (i.e. outside of professional services), etc...

That being said, the value preposition offered by a mid-tier firm is still also quite good especially if you are able to balance work and studies effectively (i.e. get good marks) because you get work experience on your CV which will help in job-hunting as a grad (as well as help future potential employers overlook slightly less than superior marks), and a far better than average salary considering your age.

ShadowSwifter

HSC
swathard said:
hey i was wondering if anyone's gotten into chapman eastway? it's a mid-tier firm and i was also wondering how much money they offer? thanks.
i received an offer but i didnt take it cuz i got pwc but i dont knw if its mid tier tho, its quite small really. only based in sydney or something

shilinjuju

HSC
N/A
h.anarchy said:
Do you mean 30,500 before the 9% superannuation is taken out, or after?
That amount includes the super.

Also if u turn down an offer will ur spot be offered to someone else?

michael1990

HSC
shilinjuju said:
That amount includes the super.

Also if u turn down an offer will ur spot be offered to someone else?
Well if you turned it down, i would assume so.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
michael1990 said:
Well if you turned it down, i would assume so.
For most big firms, I doubt it as I would imagine the number of offers made would also have been calculated with the probability of someone actually commencing with the firm (not just signing), and if necessary, the firms will have top-up campaigns or recruit from 1st year uni students.

rawrrr1010

HSC
Deloitte is offering 34K inc super. plus 1K for textbooks per subject. Insane as you'll finish about 24 subjects... right? someone correct me if i'm wrong
Any reasons for not choosing deloitte?

HSC
rawrrr1010 said:
Deloitte is offering 34K inc super. plus 1K for textbooks per subject. Insane as you'll finish about 24 subjects... right? someone correct me if i'm wrong
Any reasons for not choosing deloitte?
there's no way thats right. even 1 k per semester seems too much, maybe 1 k per year. So 500 per semester.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ifsonotso_100 said:
there's no way thats right. even 1 k per semester seems too much, maybe 1 k per year. So 500 per semester.
I heard 1k per subject for textbooks- can't remember but someone explained to me about this before. Not sure if you get to keep the unused amount though.

At the end of the day though, I'm sure that the salaries between the Big4 aren't too different and anything like study grants/allowances, text book allowances, study leave, etc... once all quantified and calculated, the salaries will be very very close.

rawrrr1010

HSC
that's what I thought too... but it covers books and student fees (?)
I guess they're trying to attract people, seeing as out of the big 4 they're salary offer is the largest. they all have similar paid study leave now anyway, so the pay difference is not THAT minimal.

fantasybluebear

HSC
Do firms generally discourage studying a double degree? i.e. Comm/Law or Comm combined with other courses.

I know EY accepts Comm/Law if you're in Tax but I'm in Assurance.

kakhmed

HSC
hey ive got an offer with Grant Thornton and PKF and would love to find out about anyone whos thinking of working in either of these two....

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Deloitte have a claim system, e.g. you buy textbooks then charge back whereas other company's give you cash.

Pros and cons of both.

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
hey for those in assurance at pwc: in the first 5-6 months (from feb 09 to june 09) we do full time study and then commence full time work from 29 june. do we get teh trainee study grant/allowance in those first six months (from feb 09 to june 09)? i think they said teh trainee grant is half the actual salary???? any ideas.?? thnx

iamfergo

HSC
hey does anybody who got one with pwc kno if they giv us text book allowance or similar cos theres no where in the contract that i can find anything about textbooks??

also for you guys in assurance (im in tax & legal) how much do you get for the first year seeing as how you really only work for half the year??

cheers

jessi90

HSC
fantasybluebear said:
Do firms generally discourage studying a double degree? i.e. Comm/Law or Comm combined with other courses.

I know EY accepts Comm/Law if you're in Tax but I'm in Assurance.
just wondering, how would a law degree help in tax?

Ovaschool303

HSC
Yeah I mailed mine friday arvo so PwC will probably get it today or tomorrow. yeah they all give a book allowance... i think it was mentioned in one of the handouts inside the bag they gave us... "What to expect as a trainee" or something like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)