Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

panpeter

HSC
kakhmed said:
hey ive got an offer with Grant Thornton and PKF and would love to find out about anyone whos thinking of working in either of these two....
well i got the call from PKF today so ive been offered the job, am shortlisted for grant thornton, so if enough people drop out ill get an offer there. but considering i live in Sutherland the PKF is very Appealing, i mean it takes me 15 min to get to work, get to sleep in lol. Goin to Caringbah

HSC
heyyyy

yeah ive gotten offers from PKF, HLB and reserve for Grant Thornton...

PKF sweet but HLB offers 7.5 hours study leave...

dno wot to do lol

leoyh

mic`
HSC
^ i personally didnt really like PKF. i dunno why, but the feeling it gave me just wasnt that good. They seemed very tense and uptight. HLB seems very friendly and nice place to work at, so personally i would go with them. But PKF is a large mid-tier firm, so i guess theres benefits to that as well. How big is HLB internationally? Oh and you might like to consider the differences that each firm offers, and how many cadets each firm takes. I personally don't know anything about that

HSC
leoyh said:
^ i personally didnt really like PKF. i dunno why, but the feeling it gave me just wasnt that good. They seemed very tense and uptight. HLB seems very friendly and nice place to work at, so personally i would go with them. But PKF is a large mid-tier firm, so i guess theres benefits to that as well. How big is HLB internationally? Oh and you might like to consider the differences that each firm offers, and how many cadets each firm takes. I personally don't know anything about that
yeah HLB is big...but i think PKF is bigger lol. PKF takes about 30 and HLB 10. hmm but yeah PKF i'll be doing audit and HLB i'll be doing business services...so it really comes down to personal choice. owell, better having more choices than none at all.

panpeter

HSC
leoyh said:
Yeah PKF was a bit strange at first. ie. I didnt think my interviews went all that well, but I went to the cadetship evening in the city and was quite impressed. Everyone seemed quite layed back. Then again I only really spoke to the Caringbah people and apparantly they are more relaxed. Also at the second interview it was a less formal setting. They used nicknames, struck me a bit but its a good thing, it seems you dont have collegues( i think thats how you spell it) but you have friends instead. so yeah they left a good impression with me. Grant thornton made me feel very good and i dont doubt its a nice place to work, but then again its the HR peoples job to make people feel good, and they can give a misleading representation of the company itself. Though thats just my oppinion. I would love to hear your comments.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
haiderr said:
hey for those in assurance at pwc: in the first 5-6 months (from feb 09 to june 09) we do full time study and then commence full time work from 29 june. do we get teh trainee study grant/allowance in those first six months (from feb 09 to june 09)? i think they said teh trainee grant is half the actual salary???? any ideas.?? thnx
Unfortunately nope.

shilinjuju

HSC
N/A
I'm tossing up between PWC and KPMG. Anyway I'm excited about the 'camps' the cadets go on. Anyone noe what they r about and around what time of the yr?

Also from anyone cadet's experience, do the graduates treat the cadets nicely? Coz u start work same time rite?

ShadowSwifter

HSC
leoyh said:
who here has signed and sent off their PwC contract?
i have, yeh would like to know about the camps too, pwc said nothing abouti tor i wasnt listening..again..

Last edited:

kam9kan10

HSC
shilinjuju said:
I'm tossing up between PWC and KPMG. Anyway I'm excited about the 'camps' the cadets go on. Anyone noe what they r about and around what time of the yr?

Also from anyone cadet's experience, do the graduates treat the cadets nicely? Coz u start work same time rite?
i know KPMG's is early like late feb early march.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
there's cadet camps o___o ?? I was never told of such a thing. is it just a KPMG thing or does this happen at all firms?

ShadowSwifter

HSC
damn and we heard nothing from deloittes, hows the pay there? seems like no one here got offered by it.

kam9kan10

HSC
ShadowSwifter said:
does KPMG say anything about what cadets do in those camps?
from just a quick chat it's just time to get to know everyone thats starting new at the company and few activities all fun looking i got shown a video about it, looks good!

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
panpeter said:
Yeah PKF was a bit strange at first. ie. I didnt think my interviews went all that well, but I went to the cadetship evening in the city and was quite impressed. Everyone seemed quite layed back. Then again I only really spoke to the Caringbah people and apparantly they are more relaxed. Also at the second interview it was a less formal setting. They used nicknames, struck me a bit but its a good thing, it seems you dont have collegues( i think thats how you spell it) but you have friends instead. so yeah they left a good impression with me. Grant thornton made me feel very good and i dont doubt its a nice place to work, but then again its the HR peoples job to make people feel good, and they can give a misleading representation of the company itself. Though thats just my oppinion. I would love to hear your comments.
lol if you were at the cadetship night then you must've heard Jeremy doing a speech, he mentioned that everyone seemed uptight but then again it'll be you guys first full time job that you're applying for. Just wondering, which managers/partners interviewed you guys?

Never knew that HLB provides 7.5 hours, i know PKF offers 4.5 hours and PP 3.5, but yeah PKF is the biggest out of the 3, and im sure most mid tier firms are quite laid back depending on which team you will work for. Like i know my team is quite laid back

panpeter

HSC
Bukwow,

all the aspiring cadets for PKF in caringbah were interviewed by the same manager. but im not too sure for the City places.

Also does anyone know how easy it is to get all your Uni on one day/night? Is it just a matter of choosing the right subjects at the right times or is it somehow different to that?

Last edited:
HSC
ShadowSwifter said:
i have, yeh would like to know about the camps too, pwc said nothing abouti tor i wasnt listening..again..
pwc doesn't hold camps, i believe only kpmg does- they fly everyone out to melbourne(Well have done so in previous yrs)

rawrrr1010

HSC
ShadowSwifter said:
damn and we heard nothing from deloittes, hows the pay there? seems like no one here got offered by it.
Yeh they are offering 34K inc super

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
shilinjuju said:

AFAIK there was no camp for us in our year but I suspect that it wouldn't be viable to have a camp anyway considering the number of cadets who we started with.

That being said, I heard that KPMG have a massive induction ceremony interstate for both grads and undergrads.

To the poster who asked about grads and undergrads- in my experience, we became very close with the people whom we did training with so the grads and undergrads got along pretty well. This may not be the case for everyone, but at least in my experience it has been. Since our cadetships have all finished, we still keep in touch with the grads and in fact are having a reunion dinner this week lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)