Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

Only1United

HSC
leoyh said:
rofl haider. didnt know you went on this forum

does ICAA cover the firms that offer cadetships for accounting only or like other fields like business and that too? and do you have to rsvp?

i think im gonna go cause its like near the end of may and not much is on then
Yes it is strictly accounting cadetships and if it goes according to last year, yes you will have to rsvp but that can be all done through the ICAA webiste soo its not an issue. Im expecting a massive turnout this year because last year there were also huge numbers and i can only see it getting bigger and bigger every year. This means more competition but you have to put yourself against the best.

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
leoyh said:
hey there. yeah catering services is really good i think. you can talk about how you did customer service and it taught you certain skills like building good relations with customers, meeting their demands to the best of your ability etc.

dw too much about your marks it isn't that important compared to your skills and stuff but obviously you can't be a complete dumbarse lol! a good blend of both is the best

i go to sefton high school. yourself? ext 2 maths atm is okay we're into the 3rd topic so its still manageable atm, it only gets crazy when it hits the really hard topics. what subjects do you do?

ICAA info nite, i'm not sure if im going yet, or to any firms information nights for that matter, though i will try and go cause i hear its beneficial. and for which firms im gonna apply for, it'll be the big 4 and a bunch of mid-tier firms. i'm not too sure really. yourself? hopefully it works out and i get one!
hey. theres another haider on this forum? lol...funnny!

i go to georges river college oatley senior campus (unecessarily long name!) i remember my brother studyin his ass off for ext 2. lemme see if i can memba some topics: complex numbers, conics, integration by parts, whole lotta bullshit, stuff thats hardly useful in life, most things that most normal ppl cant even dream of doing?? close enough?? lol

i do ext 1 maths (like average-skilled ppl), st eng, accounting, eco, italian.

yeh i hear icaa is huge too, very beneficial. plus i think we get free refreshments so thats a plus. if they want even more ppl to come, they should make it free dinner n dessert + tea/coffee afterwards.

good luck wif ur applications!

venom69r

HSC
haiderr said:
hey. theres another haider on this forum? lol...funnny!
hahah..sup haider..im from sefton champ..pretty interestin that both of us are rootin for a cadetship

But in terms of our attire..I think you can rock up in casual clothing..some people come in their school uniform cause its more convenient..however, one of my mates careers advisor told him to dress up really formally...so theres conflicting info

hope someone can clear it up

thanks

michael1990

HSC
venom69r said:
hahah..sup haider..im from sefton champ..pretty interestin that both of us are rootin for a cadetship

But in terms of our attire..I think you can rock up in casual clothing..some people come in their school uniform cause its more convenient..however, one of my mates careers advisor told him to dress up really formally...so theres conflicting info

thanks
well i would stick to what the Careers Advisor said.

But my Mum and Aunty (both holding Senior Executive Positions) have said when they hired Cadets they always wore Formal Attire.

So cleared?

leoyh

mic`
HSC
but hiring is different, this is just an info night. of course at hte interviews you'll be wearing formal clothing, but this is meant to be an "informal" information night ... so ?

Only1United

HSC
venom69r said:

thanks
Just wear smart casual (or school uniform) to the info night because trust me if you go all formal you will look like an absolute tosser lol. Be a little conservative in the way you dress i would suggest a nice shirt and pants...so dont rock up wearing a fluro tshirt beacause your not going clubbing lol. I saw some people rolling around in suits acting all top shit and to tell you the truth it just looks lame. Im not quite sure how it is for sydney but the melbourne info night (which was soo packed you couldnt move) was pretty chill and laid back.

There is FREE FOOD...YES FREE lol. This was in melbourne, but holy shit they gave out some sweet food like gourmet pies and clamari...cant complain about that.

Last edited:

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
For the ICAA cadetship evening at least (the one in May), the people from private schools go in their robes, whilst the public school kids go in suits.

This attire is consistent for the big4 info nights, etc.

Ultimately for the bigger firms especially its unlikely that anyone will remember you to allow any impression you could possibly make to work to your advantage -> they mainly send out practice staff to just talk and mingle... the smaller firms however tend to send out HR staff who will in fact remember your face.

Last edited:

Arithela

HSC
yes i signed up. But what is the point of signing up? Do they check your name or something? Also, it says to dress 'smart casual', just wondering what this means?

Arithela

HSC
also roughly how many people will there be at the info night each year?

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Arithela said:
yes i signed up. But what is the point of signing up? Do they check your name or something? Also, it says to dress 'smart casual', just wondering what this means?
Collared shirt + Jeans + Shoes

leoyh

mic`
HSC
yeah you gotta sign up so they can like tick you off when u get there. i think thats what they do with information nights at actual firms to, you need to rsvp. i think its to prevent any randoms coming in? *shrugs

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
^ My guess is to prepare name tags/badges and to have better ideas of numbers in advance so they can order snacks/drinks :)

Arithela said:
Because in the past some people didn't know what to wear/how to dress and got confused? *shrugs*

meagan354

HSC
hmm well for me, i dont think that there is going to be time to change and go, so would it be alrite to just turn up in school uniform? .. or is that lame =P

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
meagan354 said:
hmm well for me, i dont think that there is going to be time to change and go, so would it be alrite to just turn up in school uniform? .. or is that lame =P
It's not what you wear but how you wear it. By 'wear it', it's quite obvious if you keep yourself tidy and care about how you look, and then also your behaviour whilst wearing it. A hooligan dressed in a suit will still come across as a hooligan.

That's my 2c.

ctkid

HSC
hey guys
i was in the same place as many of you guys last year reallly desperate to get a cadetship and dint know what i would do with uni etc if i didnt get one because all i had my mind set on was doing a cadetship.
i did end up getting one so it all works out and i would be more than willing to help with any advice i can offer to help you all acheve your goals!
in terms fo cadetship evening...last year they were packed more than ever and had the biggets turnout ever...so this year expect even more because these are getting VERY popular...in terms of what to wear most people wear school uniform, and just remember, there are literally upto a 1000 people there so there is very little or no chance of you making an impression on the right person...the HR recruiter do attend but they see thousands of people that you are just another one...so dont worry too much about the info evening...use it more so to get to know more about all the companies and which one you would like to work for, get all the freebies:p, and come hoem have a look at their websites...goodluck to you all and post up any questiosn you may have in terms of applying and im sure someone will eb able to help you :D

vinnyboy

HSC
hey guys,

Like ctkid i too wanted a cadetship last year, and luckily i got one too. If you are serious about it, it is recommended that you attend the CA info night. Its a good opportunity to have a talk to the reps and get better understanding about the program (even though most of them will tell you the same thing), as well as getting to know all the companies and practicing your interacting skills.

The night turns out to be quite fun if you go with some friends. Its great for refilling your pencil case and collect a years worth of stationary. Do try and get as many pens as possible. Great for lending those cheapasses at school that keep asking for a pen. Last year, the pen to get was the EY pen...get them and you will know why. KPMG packs were also good, the clear pencil case was perfect for exams... So just go, blend in, get some info food and pens and have a fun night. Dont worry too much about the applying bit yet, just make sure its right for you first.

Best of luck everyone

meagan354

HSC
vinnyboy said:
hey guys,

Like ctkid i too wanted a cadetship last year, and luckily i got one too. If you are serious about it, it is recommended that you attend the CA info night. Its a good opportunity to have a talk to the reps and get better understanding about the program (even though most of them will tell you the same thing), as well as getting to know all the companies and practicing your interacting skills.

The night turns out to be quite fun if you go with some friends. Its great for refilling your pencil case and collect a years worth of stationary. Do try and get as many pens as possible. Great for lending those cheapasses at school that keep asking for a pen. Last year, the pen to get was the EY pen...get them and you will know why. KPMG packs were also good, the clear pencil case was perfect for exams... So just go, blend in, get some info food and pens and have a fun night. Dont worry too much about the applying bit yet, just make sure its right for you first.

Best of luck everyone
hahhhaa vinnyboy i LOVED your response .. so funny =P all bout getting free stuff, which i CANNOT WAIT to get aahahaha free pens woooot!

did anyone go to the business cadetship opening evening today? did they say anything useful?

SShhaarroonn

HSC
Hi Everyone ^^
I'm quite interested in the Accounting Cadetship programs based in Melbourne. Is the recruitment process difficult to get through?
Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)