Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

gaaay

HSC
is PKF next to wynyard station?
haha also, whats the interview like?

leoyh

mic`
HSC
yes its quite close, like two streets down when u exit wynyard station and get onto george street.

who got a call from deloitte telling them to come in for an interview (this is after the group activities)

Lordie

HSC
gaaay said:
is PKF next to wynyard station?
haha also, whats the interview like?
Take the Margaret Street exit from Wynyard, it's a building with a big, "One Margaret Street" on it.

Interview is an easy, 20 - 40 minute interview, where they ask you generic questions about why you want to work for them, etc. etc. Good atmosphere, young HR people, eays to talk to!

Good luck.

And Sorry Guol, it seemed to think I was a supervisor! :p Good luck on getting the job!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Ovaschool303 said:
I think when studying full time they give u (roughly) about $300 a fortnight and then when you work for them full time during vaction periods then you go onto a fixed rate... no idea what it is.
Guys, don't let pay be the deciding factor... it's such a small variance that you're better off picking somewhere you actually want to be.

With regards to study allowance, it varies depending on the structure of the contract such as the length, work requirements (vacation work), and your pay conditions when you were working full time.

shilinjuju

HSC
N/A
Hey, congrats to everyone hu has got offers. I was stoked I got rung by PWC last nite and received an offer. Such a suprise to me. So realli happy!

Btw this may sound lyk a silly question but when we greet the partners, senior managers, etc. do we say nice to meet you Mr/Ms ______ or just say their first name.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
At PwC you have to call them Sir and Mam...

Only kidding. You will find that it is generally pretty laid back, alot of people have nicknames etc. First name is the safe option, I would be surprised if anybody expects to be called Mr or Mrs whatever.

pete_mate

HSC
seremify007 said:
Guys, don't let pay be the deciding factor... it's such a small variance that you're better off picking somewhere you actually want to be.
This is true.

However, the pay is, quite frankly, not great, regardless of the firm. Particularly when you're in 2nd year and people are earning $20 an hour in casual jobs whilst your wage is roughly $12 (sometimes less because there is no overtime).

However, that doesnt include the amount of free drinks you get and other benefits. Though, at mid tier firms these seem to be slim to none.

Most cadets i've spoken to will agree with me.

However, you're not doing it for the money but the experience etc.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
The pay however does get quite competitive if you return on a casual basis... as some people here will know.

pete_mate

HSC
Vagabond said:
The pay however does get quite competitive if you return on a casual basis... as some people here will know.
Or.. as a vactioner to start with., as i know :p.

shilinjuju

HSC
N/A
And what exactly do u do at the celebration. Just talk and eat? Hu usually goes, current cadets or the managers?

Lordie

HSC
Yeah I'm wondering the same thing!

What do we do at it? Is it worth going/is it essential we go?

Guol

Awesome Member
HSC
pete_mate said:
This is true.

However, the pay is, quite frankly, not great, regardless of the firm. Particularly when you're in 2nd year and people are earning $20 an hour in casual jobs whilst your wage is roughly $12 (sometimes less because there is no overtime).

However, you're not doing it for the money but the experience etc.
Just wondering - how did you calculate that figure?

And woo, just got a call from EY. I'd also like to know what's on at that celebratory lunch thing?

kam9kan10

HSC
at the celebratory thing they just chill with you it's so try to get to know people, get to talk to first year cadets. mine at KPMG was wii for a couple of hours and then ordered pizza, very relaxed environment.

Ovaschool303

HSC
Guol said:

And woo, just got a call from EY. I'd also like to know what's on at that celebratory lunch thing?
hey congrats. Were u at EY today??

Does anybody know what the dress cose is for these celebratory offers??

Last edited:

jordankuai22

HSC
Ovaschool303 said:
hey congrats. Were u at EY today??

Does anybody know what the dress cose is for these celebratory offers??
for EY, the dress code is Smart Casual

for PWC, the dress code is Business Attire

anone.playm8

HSC
Hey guys! Just out of curiousity, is there anyone here who was at PwC Conquest today? I was there, on the table at the far end (next to the water).

And does anyone know if they've gotten in yet?

@Guol: You're computing thingy looks pretty cool! $3 hosting o_O

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Guol said:

I've made a detailed spreadsheet on Excel that calculates an after tax, after superannuation cash pay with dozens of variables.

It's complicated as you have to consider things like the amount of leave you get...

$12 is a bit rough most of my realistic calculations give me something closer to $13, 13.5 depending on how much leave, overtime etc you provision.

About 14 at least I guess for new starters this year assuming they'll get what I think they'll get.

But again you still really can't compare to say, your mate earning $20/hour casual in hospitality or something as your derived hourly figure can't possibly take into account things like free wireless internet cards, laptops/peripherals, amex, phone plans, stationary, booze, parking and other perks which you would never get on a casual job..

Not to mention that any casual job of any form is unlikely to pay you attend the sheer amount of training/development days as you get exposed to at some companies.

Last edited:

jordankuai22

HSC
anone.playm8 said:
Hey guys! Just out of curiousity, is there anyone here who was at PwC Conquest today? I was there, on the table at the far end (next to the water).

if they havent called you by now, you are probably NOT selected.

they call people after each day.

Last edited:

leoyh

mic`
HSC
anone.playm8 said:

i was there today, the first table when u enter the room. whats ur name, maybe i met u ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)