Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

sc1991

HSC
leoyh said:
how do you know which they put you into? umm i dunno, the whole RSG isnt very appealing, that service line doesnt look very interesting. did u choose RSG or did they kinda throw u in they say why its good?
I was interviewed by a partner in RSG (Melb) and then they put me there.

Wasn't 100% sure at the start, but from speaking to them, I really thought it was great.

Some great clients like BHP, Rio, Shell etc, good travel chances and it's a growing industry as opposed to other areas. Mining is booming!

Plus it's PwC Melbourne's fastest growing area, which means there's a large chance for progression

ShadowSwifter

HSC
jordankuai22 said:
"the package?"

if ur talking about the contract, isnt it being distributed to trainees tomorrow at 'afternoon tea?'
TOMORROW? i heard it's next wednesday?:bomb:

Guol

Awesome Member
HSC
yeah I heard that PwC and EY both mail your contracts out to you :|

I haven't received a response yet from PwC (and it probably looks like I'm not in), but just out of curiosity - if any of you could choose between EY and PwC what would you choose and why?

hearts

HSC
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I got a call back from PwC last night.

So stoked, i wasn't expecting it. :D

Ovaschool303

HSC
Guol said:
yeah I heard that PwC and EY both mail your contracts out to you :|

I haven't received a response yet from PwC (and it probably looks like I'm not in), but just out of curiosity - if any of you could choose between EY and PwC what would you choose and why?
Yeah. That is where I am at right now. I have an offer from PWC (tax and legal) and EY (tax- human capital). I think I am leaning to PwC because I enjoyed it more and thought the cadets there were a greater bunch of guys, really didnt like the cadets from EY. Also with PWC the interview was with a partner whereas at EY I didnt interact with any partners at all... and I think for that reason I am attracted to PWC. At the end of the day any big 4 offer is great because of the training etc etc. Guess I will see if the celebration functions change my mind about anything. Someone mentioned that salary shouldn't be a discriminator... because big 4 and even mid tiers pay the same

ShadowSwifter

HSC
Ovaschool303 said:
Yeah. That is where I am at right now. I have an offer from PWC (tax and legal) and EY (tax- human capital). I think I am leaning to PwC because I enjoyed it more and thought the cadets there were a greater bunch of guys, really didnt like the cadets from EY. Also with PWC the interview was with a partner whereas at EY I didnt interact with any partners at all... and I think for that reason I am attracted to PWC. At the end of the day any big 4 offer is great because of the training etc etc. Guess I will see if the celebration functions change my mind about anything. Someone mentioned that salary shouldn't be a discriminator... because big 4 and even mid tiers pay the same
hey!

have you got your package? and do you know when is the celebration dinner for PwC? next Wednesday?

cheers

thx

Lordie

HSC
ShadowSwifter said:
hey!

have you got your package? and do you know when is the celebration dinner for PwC? next Wednesday?

cheers

thx
I got the green light on Tuesday, and haven't gotten a parcel.

The night is on Wednesday, yes. That's what the manager told me when he called me. :)

iamfergo

HSC
so nobody has recieved anything ie contracts from pwc yet?? i was called last friday to say i had the job and the manager said they should be posting it out over the next few days so i thought it may hav arrived by now?

Lordie

HSC
I don't think they have! I reckon they might post them today if they are. Has anyone's mail arrived yet??

Guol

Awesome Member
HSC
hmph just got my PwC rejection call.

I guess they've filled all their cadet slots and are just rejecting everyone from this point on.

what a shame..

Lordie

HSC
Guol said:

I guess they've filled all their cadet slots and are just rejecting everyone from this point on.

what a shame..
Sorry to hear that. :(

I'm sure you'll get in else where!!

shakky15

HSC
Guol said:

what a shame..
i desperately hope u r rong

assurance or tax/legal??

what did the person on the phone say?

Guol

Awesome Member
HSC
Yeah it's cool. I still have EY.

Just, I don't know. The people at EY are really good and EY seems to value it's employees alot which is pretty awesome I reckon. It does set them apart alot.

But what I liked about PwC was I guess the fact that they actually had a defined "Tax and Legal" section, wheras EY just has a whole bunch of small sections.

Do you think the "Tax and Legal" section is unique to PwC (primarily the legal aspect) or would it be safe to assume that all of the Big4 do the exact same roles regardless of what they call their sections, and that PwC was just being fancy?

@Shakky: I was in Tax and Legal.
The guy was like "hi I'm from PwC. We were really impressed by your application and all your achievements. (At that point I got all excited; he then went on to say: ) However, with so many outstanding applicants we are sorry to say that you have not been offered a position..bla bla"

Last edited:

shakky15

HSC
oh dear... im sitting next to my phone now lol.... :cold: gl with EY anyway.... i didnt even get an interview with them lol - and still waiting for McGrathNicol to give interviews or sumthing - i havent been contacted by them at all

Guol said:
@Shakky: i was in tax and legal.
they were like "hi i'm from PwC. We were really impressed by your application and all your achievements. (So I got all excited). However, with so many outstanding applicants we are sorry to say that you have not been offered a position..bla bla"

Guol

Awesome Member
HSC
Yeah dw too much about it man.
Maybe they're saving the best for last, haha.

Did you get into KPMG or anything else?

Lordie

HSC
shakky15 said:
oh dear... im sitting next to my phone now lol.... :cold: gl with EY anyway.... i didnt even get an interview with them lol - and still waiting for McGrathNicol to give interviews or sumthing - i havent been contacted by them at all
McGrathNicol called me last night. I turned them down for an interview because of my job with PwC :p

You still might get a call!!!

shakky15

HSC
Guol said:
Yeah dw too much about it man.
Maybe they're saving the best for last, haha.

Did you get into KPMG or anything else?
nah lol i got rejections from kpmg and ey... and mgrathnicol havent got back to me .. i didnt apply for too many...

best for last??? rofl i hope so.. we will c

ShadowSwifter

HSC
shakky15 said:
i desperately hope u r rong

assurance or tax/legal??

what did the person on the phone say?
really sorry to hear that shakky, we wish you all the best with other firms, im sure u will enjoy EY :D

anyone been told the specific time on Wednesday night? damn need this parcel lol!

shakky15

HSC
Lordie said:
McGrathNicol called me last night. I turned them down for an interview because of my job with PwC :p

You still might get a call!!!
yeh i hope so, but i'd much rather just get an offer from PwC - dont wanna go through another interview process

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)