Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

Black Hawker

HSC
I know Pitcher Partners has already done interviews, but I've got a question.

I did the application form, then it told me to do one of those aplitude/personality test and I didn't get a confirmation email that it was received.

Were we suppose to get a confirmation email?

Ovaschool303

HSC
Nah I cant make it because I am meeting up with a teacher at school. Really would like to though, sounds like an awesome venue. Think I will go to the PwC function though.

Lordie

HSC
Black Hawker said:
I know Pitcher Partners has already done interviews, but I've got a question.

I did the application form, then it told me to do one of those aplitude/personality test and I didn't get a confirmation email that it was received.

Were we suppose to get a confirmation email?
Nope, they didn't send confirmation. But you would have received a phone call, if they were going to offer you an interview. They called me for a first round interview, but they were holding them the same day as my Conquest - D'oh!

Black Hawker

HSC
Lordie said:
Nope, they didn't send confirmation. But you would have received a phone call, if they were going to offer you an interview. They called me for a first round interview, but they were holding them the same day as my Conquest - D'oh!
Thanks for that. Didn't get a call so I take that as a rejection.

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
From what i know about Pitcher Partners they would usually give you a call booking an interview with the HR, then if the first interview was successful they would usually call you a couple of days later to meet the senior/manager/partner of the team where they will pretty much just summarise about what they do etc.

Then after that they'll call you to give you the offer a day or two later. Thats how it happened with me, usually 2nd round was quite simple because by then u pretty much have the offer (not unless u really really stuffed up when you were talking to the manager/partner).

hope this helps

Black Hawker

HSC
Yeah, that is useful, except I didn't get any interview. LOL. :D

Anyone know much about Accru Felsers?

And this is on behalf of a friend...

Has anyone been contacted/offered a position by Grant Thorton?

jimmyb8

HSC
hey does anyone know whether it is possible to transfer uni's during the cadetship

for instance.. at pwc where it is 2 years part time study followed by 2 yrs full time study.. wat i would hopefully like to do is study at UTS for the part time years and then transfer to sydney for the full time years

does that sound possible?
do u rkn pwc would help me with that?

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
Accru Felsers has about 80ish people, it has quite a few cadets there and the cadets there goes to a different range of universities, from what i know from another friend its a pretty laid back firm compared to other competitive firms because it is much smaller.
Grant Thorton is the one of the mid tiers that i don't have alot of knowledge of, but i know that it is growing really rapidly compared to the other mid tiers.

To anyone who will have offers in the future in Pitcher Partners and PKF, feel free to give me a PM, i will be more than happy to give you an insight on the firm since i have worked in both firms as a cadet.

In regards to the uni transfer, it is possible to transfer unis, i dont think most firms are too bothered with it however Usyd is the only uni that doesn't have part time compared to the others due to the lack of night time classes but if u plan to do the two years part time afterwards then it is possible

Last edited:

Black Hawker

HSC
bukwow said:
Accru Felsers has about 80ish people, it has quite a few cadets there and the cadets there goes to a different range of universities, from what i know from another friend its a pretty laid back firm compared to other competitive firms because it is much smaller.
Grant Thorton is the one of the mid tiers that i don't have alot of knowledge of, but i know that it is growing really rapidly compared to the other mid tiers.

To anyone who will have offers in the future in Pitcher Partners and PKF, feel free to give me a PM, i will be more than happy to give you an insight on the firm since i have worked in both firms as a cadet.
Do you know how many get an interview - chances of getting in? Or whether there is a 2nd round interview? Thanks.

You worked in both firms as a cadet. How did you do that?

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
Black Hawker said:
Do you know how many get an interview - chances of getting in? Or whether there is a 2nd round interview? Thanks.

You worked in both firms as a cadet. How did you do that?
Im not too familiar with Accru Felsers since i didn't apply for it, i just know a little bit about the firm because i have a uni friend who goes there at the moment.

I started off in Insolvency in Pitcher Partners as a first year cadet, i then got a better offer in PKF a year later because i wanted to be into the business services division.

i am currently a 2nd year cadet

noddy90

HSC
hey there were 2 girls and 2 guys at the UBS interviews.. and there was def. 4 candidates only cos thats what David said. =/ so i dont know where your coming from jordan.. unless it was for a different role?

Black Hawker

HSC
bukwow said:
Im not too familiar with Accru Felsers since i didn't apply for it, i just know a little bit about the firm because i have a uni friend who goes there at the moment.

I started off in Insolvency in Pitcher Partners as a first year cadet, i then got a better offer in PKF a year later because i wanted to be into the business services division.

i am currently a 2nd year cadet
Ah, alright. What's your friend's opinion of the firm? Does he/she like it?

So anyone can change firms in the middle of their cadetship?

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
jimmyb8 said:
hey does anyone know whether it is possible to transfer uni's during the cadetship

for instance.. at pwc where it is 2 years part time study followed by 2 yrs full time study.. wat i would hopefully like to do is study at UTS for the part time years and then transfer to sydney for the full time years

i think they would allow you to do that.

PwC are very flexible.

NickLG

HSC
I believe that I'm in FS from what i gather at PwC, cause it was the FS afternoon tea that I was invited to.

Also noddy, Jordan is full of shit, I was there for operations and the other guy there is a mate of mine. How did you feel you went?

Nick

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
jimmyb8 said:

I think it is possible- some ppl have trf'd to USYD; but TBH I doubt u'd be bothered because once two years are up, u would've done quite a bit of uni and the reality is some subjects won't be recognised by other universities and will only cause u more trouble than it's worth. U'll probably also have made a lot of friends in whichever uni u're at so... u may not even want to anymore!

Just my 2c. But as others have mentioned, most firms are pretty flexible and don't mind what degree u do, as long as u're CA-eligible.

noddy90

HSC
NickLeG said:
I believe that I'm in FS from what i gather at PwC, cause it was the FS afternoon tea that I was invited to.

Also noddy, Jordan is full of shit, I was there for operations and the other guy there is a mate of mine. How did you feel you went?

Nick
Hey :)

it seemed okay.. but then i didnt really know how i went with the previous two so yeah=/ pretty casual like the others

David said the candidates before me were really good, so haha hes considering to maybe take 3 into operations this year? hopefully..

i think i saw either you or your friend cos i was the last one there :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)