Accounting Cadetship Night - 21st of May, THIS THURSDAY! (1 Viewer)

Bacchus

HSC
Who is going?

I am going there with some school mates and other friends (u know who u are) =)

For your information, it starts at about 5:30 PM and finishes at about 8 PM...(please someone confirm this for everyone)

BTW, don't forget to register, boys/girls.

Bring a big bag especially if you are a cheap person...you need a big room to smuggle all the freebies.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL i wonder how many good freebies there will be considering GFC and all... but it is always an interesting evening and at least you get to meet both the firms to ask questions ...AND your competition :)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Wait, on the registration confirmation thingy it says 4:30-7:00pm......

nipsta

CEO
HSC
CYA THERE GUYS

BIG 4 firms offering about 6 cadetships each due to GFC

loolololololol gl
I went to the inner west tertiary & career expo a few days a go and i talked with some of the deloittes and EY pepole there and they said that EY were going to take around 20 people this year and deloites about 14 i think it was.. i forgot to ask KPMG and PwC wasnt at the expo... Im sure we can ask at the night :)

HSC
ye, its starts at 4:30, can someone specify what win really be happening there?, i heard the top 4 firms representative will be there, then a conference but i dont know the minute details, can someone specify? thanx

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
ye, its starts at 4:30, can someone specify what win really be happening there?, i heard the top 4 firms representative will be there, then a conference but i dont know the minute details, can someone specify? thanx
Well the year I went (2007), it started with registration, then moving into a big hall which was set up with stalls of all firms ranging from big 4, mid tier to small tier.

You basically go around having a chat to the HR and other representing employees of the firms like cadets and grads maybe. You can ask them all you want to know about the firm, and usually they give you a brochure or a bag with advertising material for the firm and maybe a hard copy of the application form. They also have in them cheap lollies (unless you get lucky), I also remember getting sunscreen which I thought was strange - but I loved the pens :p

There are refreshments.

There is also a formal presentation held at a different room where I think they went through what doing a cadetship was like...I don't really remember this well but they went through benefits and all that mumbo jumbo - I found this useless (but that's just me...)

You may get an ICAA bag which has this book that you will flip through over and over again after the evening - it basically lists all the firms that take cadets, their location, their size, the number of cadets they expect to take (some may not disclose this), the divisions they want to take them in and how to apply.

Sorry I just sort of typed this out as I remembered parts of the event, hence it is very unstructured.

Enjoy the night and remember to get as much free stuff as you can and ask lots of questions!!

EDIT: Talking to the HR women will also prep you up for the interview as you may meet them again, so make sure you talk them in a professional manner...though this maybe a given :S

Last edited:

Timelord09

HSC
they usually take people with good sense.

Good sense means you support Delhi Daredevils.:jedi:

what station do we get off at to get to the place?

HSC
they usually take people with good sense.

Good sense means you support Delhi Daredevils.:jedi:

what station do we get off at to get to the place?

lol// Chennai woo :p, you have to get of at townhall, its basically next to imax theatre (darling harbour), or along that road.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
I'll prob be there too. Look out for a funny looking asian guy with black rimmed glasses. weee

Timelord09

HSC
i'll be the really really really ridiculously good looking guy.

HSC
I'll be the funny looking asian girl with black rimmed glasses ;)

They say it's smart casual- so it's dress pants/skirt + long sleeved shirt?

I guess some people will be coming in school uniform..

Timelord09

HSC
i'll be wearing a blue blazer , with senior prefect written on it. with like two asian guys, one tall indian one, and a midget asian girl.

i think.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I'll be the funny looking asian girl with black rimmed glasses ;)

They say it's smart casual- so it's dress pants/skirt + long sleeved shirt?

I guess some people will be coming in school uniform..
they said casual?!?!?
im coming in my school uniform - blue blazer, striped tie, white shirt, grey pants and possibly blue jumper if its cold :)

lol i'll be the indian guy thats smiling 24/7 and wears glasses, not to hard to spot :)

Timelord09

HSC
they said casual?!?!?
im coming in my school uniform - blue blazer, striped tie, white shirt, grey pants and possibly blue jumper if its cold :)

lol i'll be the indian guy thats smiling 24/7 and wears glasses, not to hard to spot :)

do you know a guy named robert troung?

woo indians

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)