Accounting Cadetship Queries :) (1 Viewer)

cuddlypoop

HSC
Hi guys

Im applying for a few accounting cadetships atm so i was just wondering if anyone knew any advice or tips for the interview process, or knew anyone who is currently doing it and finding it enjoyable/bad. Thanks for all the help in advance :)

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
my advice is to talk to your careers centre. they'll provide you with tonnes of tips and there are booklets available with helpful info.

cuddlypoop

HSC
noneother said:
my advice is to talk to your careers centre. they'll provide you with tonnes of tips and there are booklets available with helpful info.
Ok i think i'll talk to my careers advisor on monday at school :)

@ blackfriday - umm... what do u mean by slave labour?

mahuligan

HSC
i think i might apply for some. i went to the kpmg evening on thursday but im not sure if im confortable with how it kinda restricts you to a commerce or business degree.
the ernest and young one sounds better because it lets you do law in one of the choices.

which ones are you planning on trying out for?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
How high of a UAI do you need for a cadetship???
OR​
Alternatively how high of a GPA or uni marks do u need

mahuligan

HSC
im not sure about the requirements for people already in uni, but if your in yr 12, your uai needs to be high enough for the particular courses that you must have inorder to do the cadetship. for kpmg you need to get a place in a business or commerce degrees at either maq, unsw or uts. when i went to the evening thing they kept emphasing how the application process and interviews are much more important than your marks.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
mahuligan said:
im not sure about the requirements for people already in uni, but if your in yr 12, your uai needs to be high enough for the particular courses that you must have inorder to do the cadetship. for kpmg you need to get a place in a business or commerce degrees at either maq, unsw or uts. when i went to the evening thing they kept emphasing how the application process and interviews are much more important than your marks.
But it's the marks that catches their initial attention *sigh

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
cuddlypoop said:
Hi guys

Im applying for a few accounting cadetships atm so i was just wondering if anyone knew any advice or tips for the interview process, or knew anyone who is currently doing it and finding it enjoyable/bad. Thanks for all the help in advance :)
I've got lots of friends doing cadetships at Big4s, mid-teirs and small firms.
They provide you with some good experience after first year, but they do work you pretty hard. If you can manage your time and balance work/study you'll be fine.

EY is pretty flexible in terms of their program, but its hard work doing double degrees + cadetships (and there is a risk of poor performance from overcommitment).

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
mr_shittles said:
I've got lots of friends doing cadetships at Big4s, mid-teirs and small firms.
They provide you with some good experience after first year, but they do work you pretty hard. If you can manage your time and balance work/study you'll be fine.

EY is pretty flexible in terms of their program, but its hard work doing double degrees + cadetships (and there is a risk of poor performance from overcommitment).
after first year? I didn't know they hire beginning 2nd yrs. please tell me more.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i work for PwC

they hire a range, from newly out of school to partway thru degree to grads

its not slave labour, but it is a MASSIVE learning curve

you learn soooo much in the first few months...it really is invalueable experience

if anyone wants to know more, please feel free to add me on msn or pm me

twistedsista001@hotmail.com

edit: I work for Newcastle PwC, our recruitment process is different from Syd/Melb so I cannot offer advice about that but I'm happy to tell you about the workload, the type of work youll be doing and juggling work and uni etc.

Last edited:

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
when do they hire?...like now is it too late to apply?

mahuligan

HSC
closing date for application is 15th of june so u better hurry! this is the closing date for ernest and young and KPMG.

pwc might be the same. just go to their websites, click on the career section, and theyll have the application form somewhere

HSC
N/A
emily

i was just wondering about the type of questions that they may ask you at the interview process. is there anything particular that pwc is looking for?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
theres many differnt accounting cadetships isnt there?

we had one come to UTS and we signed up on thier site agiss ago. i think they gonna look at applications later

ihgjuk

HSC
I know im digging up dead threads but its a new year and this is once again relevant.

Does anyone know when applications for the main ones close?

and can someone provide some links to them

cheers

turtleface

HSC
Like Volition said in the other thread, you have 1 day left

KMPG:
http://www.kpmg.com.au/Default.aspx?TabID=35

PwC:
http://careers.au.pwc.com/hr/careerweb.nsf/docid/F5C61764433E9BCDCA25687900122570

E&Y:
http://www.ey.com/GLOBAL/content.nsf/Australia/_Careers_-_Student_-_Programs_-_Trainee_and_cadet

There are other mid tier firms that offer cadetships/trainee spots too

BDO: http://www.bdo.com.au/hrnew/hr_roledetails.asp
PKF: http://www.pkf.com.au/www/national/pkfaustralia.nsf/www.staticdocuments/graduaterecruit?opendocument
Bentleys: http://www.bentleys.com.au/combinedframes1.htm
And there are more, just search the website of major firms and also the ICAA student website (flyhigher.com.au)

Good luck,

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)