Achievements at school = higher employment opportunities later in life? (2 Viewers)

HSC
seremify007 said:
Fair enough. You planning to apply for Big4 I'm guessing? One of my mates got into PwC as a grad from USYD~

Btw nice sig you have there. I like it =]
hi jace !!

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
not necessary..but always beneficial.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
ummmm i wouldn't worry too much, i seriously doubt employers will ask about extra-curricular stuff in high school. but it is common for them to ask about uai, so in that case you'll be better off :)
As an employer I'm not interested in an applicants UAI. I'm not even that interested in their university results, sure first class honours or something equivalent is worth mentioning but the minutiae not interested. I want to see what someone has done in the workplace.

Worth noting though that I don't hire grads and generally wouldn't as I don't like managing them. Much as uni students suddenly find that their HSC-UAI counts for nothing professionals rapidly find that their transcript counts for nothing.

Tim_107

HSC
i was taught this in school, but no way does it apply in real life,
in hindsight, if i was offering advice to someone in year 10,11,12 it would be- find the things u like (ie subjects, uni degree, TAFE) and focus on that, if u want to get honours or something, well ur going to have to put in the effort.
Anyone can get successful doing anything at anytime- if u have a good idea, a service ppl want, then its up to you how successful you want to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)