• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

AcPrep (1 Viewer)

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
is there anyway to get a hold of the '350 page academic study skills guide' if we didn't attend unistep? i didn't realise i'd missed it until just now, and i still want that book.

= Jennifer =

HSC
rekyj said:
is there anyway to get a hold of the '350 page academic study skills guide' if we didn't attend unistep? i didn't realise i'd missed it until just now, and i still want that book.
i know they are going to do the program again when uni starts, also make sure you take a binder folder because it is not really a book, but 350 sheets

= Jennifer =

HSC
rekyj said:
geeeeez... 350 pages... is it WORTH getting ???
it is alright nothing out of the ordinary similar to something you could of picked up at the library i didnt want to go today was getting to be a waste of time towards the end

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
so whats the difference between ac prep and the unistep writing named one? huuuh is it one day or two days? and what stuff do they teach - what exactly do we have to write??

klh

HSC
you dont have to attend your own campus, but its better since you will know people from your own campus and they show you what the campus is like.
for example, you wen tot another campus, then when uni starts you dont know where things are since you didnt attend you rhome campus.
ofcourse if you go to your course orientation day, then dont worry aobut it. just do wherever it is convenient for you.

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
Dumdida said:
so whats the difference between ac prep and the unistep writing named one?is it one day or two days? and what stuff do they teach - what exactly do we have to write??
edit: if they give an essay do we do it there or do they give it as homework and we hand it on the next day; if there is a next day?
no one answered this one yet :D thnx hehe

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The writing program that I did went over 7 days. So, we had to give it in on the last day. But everyday, we learnt how to further improve the essay. You don't have to hand it in. You actually don't even have to turn up to class. I went two days and then got sick so i couldn't do the rest of the course.

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
hehe cheers, thats kool, my english was ok i'd be able to handle it but i forgot all those big words i used to use in essays and ive gotten used to writing colloquative again so i think they might tell me to fix that lol but hey this acprep is 2 days ( i chekd the site) so will it be ok if i go only the first day to get that 350page book thing?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yeah, I guess. Its not like your gonna see anyone again :p

Jonathan A

HSC
Cape said:
I did that last year. You will be thankful that you got the huge booklet, it has come in great use during first year.

I applied to do AcPrep last year and they sent me a letter back saying I didn't need to do it (I have no idea why!). All I wanted was that book! lol

HSC
so who went to this at parra today and is going again tommorow?

i went today and i got there like 30 minutes late and i had to sit up the back and i couldn't hear so i spent an hour just talking (quietly) with my friend....who else was there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)