• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Adam and Eve or Evolution? (1 Viewer)

Adam and Eve or Evolution?

• Creationism

Votes: 64 15.5%
  • Evolution

Votes: 255 61.6%
  • Both

Votes: 68 16.4%
  • don't know

Votes: 27 6.5%

• Total voters

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
What do people believe when it comes to the creation of the Earth and how humans evolved.....Are we the special beings of God? did God make us special? or are we just another creature in the animal kingdom? just another animal who happens to have highly evolved brains are a result of natural selection?....or is there a truth in both theories?

Apparently, statistics shows that 67% of Americans believe that God created the Earth in Seven days and Adam and Eve were vthe first two people on the Earth...

Last edited:

alien

HSC
we are special beings of God, we are created in his image
*prepares for wave of disagreeing comments*

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I believe that we are mammals who have evolved from natural selection into the way that we live today. Personally I believe science to be a far more reliable source than religion. But that could have a lot to do with my upbringing, mainly because I'm not religous and I have always had a interest in science.

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
I guess everyone's belief is mainly affected by their upbringing. For example; A child who lives in the middle east may never be taught the principles of christianity, he is taught that Muslim is the true religion...so naturally he disagrees with christians although he has not yet explored it... this is the same the other way around

alien

HSC
wow this is an incredibly subjective thread. i think upbringing largely determines someone's beliefs, what they are raised to believe and then when they grow older and decide for themselves... it usually coincides with what they were believed or thought when they were younger...this doesn't make any sense :(

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I believe in both, I dont think either can fully explain how humans came to being but rather that through God's divine actions He created humans through the natural processes of evolution. Im not fundamentalist and dont believe (nor do the majority of Christians) that the Earth was created in 7 days. As for the Adam and Eve question...humans had to have started from somewhere, it may not have been 2 people but theoretically at one stage or another there had to have been only a few humans in the form humans are currently in (depending on which theory about how humans evolved is correct).

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
Asquithian said:
No humans bare no resemblance to apes what so ever :rolleyes:

We came from two (white?) people who did a naughty in the Garden of Eden.
i think u would find it never states adam or eves skin colour in the bible. and, like all diff kinds of dogs apparently come from the one type but diff mutations/strains of recessive/dominant genes create diff species, so would be the same with humans.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
depends who is portraying them.
i think ppl are beginning to realise that Jesus isnt the white man they envisioned him as, he prob looked like osama! and slowly, those closed minded white ppl are beginning to realise its most likely, that seein as white ppl make up such a small percentage of the population, and considering the locations within which the biblical events occured, that the biblical characters are not the white stereotypes we illustrate them as

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
just a question asq, what coloured skin do u imagine most ppl on here having. pick a person whos pic u hav never seen and guess their skin colour.

most ppl assume white.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I'd say yellow for most people here.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
White, unless their sig features scantily clad 10 yr old asian girls sucking lollypops.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
As much as I dont want to disagree Asquithian cause you are in an anti religious mood. As far as can be told, all humans alive seem to have come from one female based on mitochondrial DNA, which is maternal only.

Also all men seem to have come from one male by tracing the Y-chromosome and allowing for mutations. Of course these lived thousands of years apart.

Of course because mutations are random they can only make educated guesses as to that.

I don't know the exact processes used but they can trace it back to a region.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
thats true Xayma, and humans have a 99% match of chromosomes with chimps.

and most scientists think that we evolved from Africa - hence the out of africa hypothesis.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
Humans bare no resemblance to apes what so ever :rolleyes:

We came from two (white?) people who did a naughty in the Garden of Eden.
dude we are a special branch from apes. long time ago the humans separated from the apes. but i heard the gentic make up is like 99% the same

also look at this guy he must be the missing link
Missing Link

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
how can atoms which have no mind, and move about randomly, randomly form into new and different things

if you want to use science to prove something, complete a degree and dont go following shit that doesn't make sense

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i am a muslim and i believe adam and eve were created by God..here are some verses from the koran

3:59 59.
The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.
- 15:28 28.
Behold! thy Lord said to the angels: "I am about to create man, from sounding clay from mud moulded into shape
- 17:6161.
Behold! We said to the angels: "Bow down unto Adam": They bowed down except Iblis: He said, "Shall I bow down to one whom Thou didst create from clay?"
- 38:71 71.
Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I am about to create man from clay:

• Eve was created from,
- 16:7272.
And Allah has made for you mates (and companions) of your own nature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)