Adapting question into essay (1 Viewer)

Phylo

ballin
HSC
I wrote a generic essay for my half-yearly assessment, but fortunately the teacher gave me the question!

"Belonging to a group or community can provide opportunities and disappointments.

How is this idea explored in the texts you have studied?"

The problem is that I dont quite know how to meld the question into my intro:

Belonging is a dynamic concept
[FONT=&quot]that changes over time as individuals and the people around them evolve. Every individual has a different perception of belonging, which is shaped by personal, cultural, historical and social contexts. "Numb" by Linkin Park portrays the struggles of a person altering his identity to fit in. "East Wind" by Gillian Dawson explores the intimate relationship between mother and child. In contrast, the text "Rainbow's End" by Jane Harrison portrays the social rejection of the Aboriginal people into white society. Each composer expresses different facets of belonging through vivid imagery, bitter metaphors and juxtaposition of structures.
[/FONT]

dc1337

HSC
sup phil

Belonging is a dynamic concept that changes over time as individuals and their communities evolve through opportunities and disappointments. then go on

lov.imagination

HSC
hey, as long as its obvious that you understand what the question is asking and are answering the question there isn't really a need to re-state it. Your introduction answers the question in a straight foreward way, i doubt thered be any confusion as to whether ur answering the question or not.

If you wanted to include it anyway, sometimes a good idea is to start off with the quote then lead into an introduction of the texts analysed from the question:

"Belonging to a group or community can provide opportunities and disappointments." There have been many texts produced that explore this idea. Every individual has..."

and continue of from there.

proletariat

HSC
I wrote a generic essay for my half-yearly assessment, but fortunately the teacher gave me the question!

"Belonging to a group or community can provide opportunities and disappointments.

The problem is that I dont quite know how to meld the question into my intro:

Belonging is a dynamic concept
[FONT=&quot]that changes over time as individuals and the people around them evolve. Every individual has a different perception of belonging, which is shaped by personal, cultural, historical and social contexts. "Numb" by Linkin Park portrays the struggles of a person altering his identity to fit in. "East Wind" by Gillian Dawson explores the intimate relationship between mother and child. In contrast, the text "Rainbow's End" by Jane Harrison portrays the social rejection of the Aboriginal people into white society. Each composer expresses different facets of belonging through vivid imagery, bitter metaphors and juxtaposition of structures.
[/FONT]

omfg i know you wooot :p .... wait, i know the other guy too dc1337. HEY :D

good luck tomorrow :p

"... ... Each composer expresses different facets of belonging such as the opportunities and disappointments it can create through vivid imagery, bitter metaphors and juxtaposition of structures."

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Belonging to a group or community can provide opportunities and disappointments.
Jeez.. what happens if your related texts don't emphasise belonging to a group/community?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
phew.. didn't need to adapt my essay, fortunately :D

the question.. i guessed correctly.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
You could talk about them not belonging to a group or community then?
Yer, well it doesn't matter now.. but i was thinking about ... say if someone only talked about belonging to themselves [intrapersonal] and the land.
They'd be putting themselves at a major disadvantage.
I didn't talk about them two only, just to clarify.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

Scary. I got that as a question earlier this year. Word for word.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)