ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

Grace HSC

HSC
YAY!! congrats... yeah i think so...im not really sure...anyhow...congrats im sure we will meet each other!!! Cant wait!!!!

SonicMouse

HSC
sam2100 how long did you have to wait for the letter after recieving your blood results (after assesment day)?

sam2100

HSC
SonicMouse said:
sam2100 how long did you have to wait for the letter after recieving your blood results (after assesment day)?

i reckon it would be over a month between getting blood pass and letter of appointment. but in this time (about 3 weeks after blood results) i got a call saying that i was accepted from DFR. Grace said she called DFR and got hers earlier because of that call, so maybe give it a try if youre desperate for the letter?

looked through your posts and saw youre trying for army? My friend tried for army and got a call saying that she did not make it in in time and therefore didnt make it onto gap. I believe this was before she got her bloodtest results though so chances are youre safe? But yeh, if i were you just give DFR a call and ask them what the go is with your application.

Best of Luck, Sam

Last edited:

sam2100

HSC
Grace HSC said:
YAY!! congrats... yeah i think so...im not really sure...anyhow...congrats im sure we will meet each other!!! Cant wait!!!!
Haha yer. Should be good. I am pumped.. Have you had any military exposure, or are you going in cold??

Grace HSC

HSC
Hey Sam,

Nah i havent had any military exposure, like my dad was in the army for 20 years but i dont live with him so yeah, he has told me a little bit about what it will be like and stuff but ive never been onto a RAAF base or anything like that...so im pretty cold...what about you?

Arghhh....i have a PDHPE exam tomorrow...soooo dont want to do it....oh welll second last one then im freeeeeeee!!!!!!

SonicMouse

HSC
sam2100 said:
i reckon it would be over a month between getting blood pass and letter of appointment. but in this time (about 3 weeks after blood results) i got a call saying that i was accepted from DFR. Grace said she called DFR and got hers earlier because of that call, so maybe give it a try if youre desperate for the letter?

looked through your posts and saw youre trying for army? My friend tried for army and got a call saying that she did not make it in in time and therefore didnt make it onto gap. I believe this was before she got her bloodtest results though so chances are youre safe? But yeh, if i were you just give DFR a call and ask them what the go is with your application.

Best of Luck, Sam
Yeh mate thanks for the reply, ive been waiting for a month since positive blood tests, i gave em a call yesterday and left a message on the answering machine, i think its only common courtesy they get into contact with me and tell me whether or not i made it.

sam2100

HSC
Grace HSC said:
Hey Sam,

Nah i havent had any military exposure, like my dad was in the army for 20 years but i dont live with him so yeah, he has told me a little bit about what it will be like and stuff but ive never been onto a RAAF base or anything like that...so im pretty cold...what about you?

Arghhh....i have a PDHPE exam tomorrow...soooo dont want to do it....oh welll second last one then im freeeeeeee!!!!!!

cool :)

I did army cadets for 6 yrs but like, i am pretty sure thats nothing like being enlisted in the raaf since cadets was basically just wasting time in the bush teaching little kids.

good luck with the exam :)

my last is chem on thursday, but this hsc has been dragged out so long i have lost all motivation to prepare.

Grace HSC

HSC
sam2100 said:
cool :)

I did army cadets for 6 yrs but like, i am pretty sure thats nothing like being enlisted in the raaf since cadets was basically just wasting time in the bush teaching little kids.

good luck with the exam :)

my last is chem on thursday, but this hsc has been dragged out so long i have lost all motivation to prepare.

Hey Sam,
Yeah i know what you mean, chem is my last too....i cant wait till its over, its so tedious....

Good luck with chem and hope fully i will meet you in Jan, you in on 23rd as well?

Grace

Grace HSC

HSC
hey Sonic,

Just want to wish you best of luck mate, keep on their backs about it, i think it shows ur keen and stuff, all the best, i know that if you want it bad enough (and pester them enough) you be alright.

Again, Good luck with everything.

Grace

sam2100

HSC
Grace HSC said:
Hey Sam,
Yeah i know what you mean, chem is my last too....i cant wait till its over, its so tedious....

Good luck with chem and hope fully i will meet you in Jan, you in on 23rd as well?

Grace

yeh, been studying shipwrecks and corrosion.. worst option available? i think so.

yup Jan 23rd ... i have to build up my fitness so badly, exercise has been halted in the name of the Higher School Certificate

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Grace HSC said:
Hey Sam,

I've been to RAAF Richmond, RAAF Williamtown, RAAF Glenbrook, RAAF Wagga, etc! Plus various army bases, I refuse to go to navy ones :rofl:

If your at Wagga, enjoy the water, haha Hot as hell during summer, freezing at winter time, enjoy your PT.

Williamtown i hope your not near the airmens quaters near the tarmac!

Glenbrook is just for HQ, Air command, etc.

Richmond = crap hole, enjoy your double bunk bed heater and fan, airmens ness feels cold and empty. I hate getting serves breakfast left overs disguised as lunch and lunch left overs disguised in our dinner. Usually you get good selection of desserts :)

Sam1200 Raafies waste time in the bush and at Singleton to! Enjoy your rat packs! Bonne apetie!

brunskill

HSC
Grace HSC said:
You are Air Force as well? Yay! Another girl haha
When are you said to be leaving? 23rd Jan?

Grace HSC

HSC
hey brunskill, yeah im airforce too, leaving 23 jan how about you

alex991

HSC
Passed my fitness the other day... so im off on the 8th of December as gun number...Anyone else leaving on this date or for this position?

brunskill

HSC
Grace HSC, Yeah, 23rd for me as well, have you heard about your fitness?
Mines for the 4th december..

Grace HSC

HSC
hey brunskill,

i did my fitness on fourth dec too! passed how bout you

brunskill

HSC
Grace,
Hey- congrats! Yep, passed mine as well, will see you next year =]

Last edited:

SonicMouse

HSC
I finally got in. Someone pulled out so im going to Kapooka as ECN 500 (Soldier) on January 26th. Awesome :headbang:

SonicMouse

HSC
^ Kapooka date has been changed to February 16th. Anyone else going on this date????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)