ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

ila3

HSC
any one else going for navy? cos everyone seems to be going for army!

congrats to those that are in too!

NikkiM

HSC
as anyone heard anything for the RAAF, like had their YOU session or anythng yet? Everyone that seems to have been to their assessment days or whatever all seem to be army..

ila3

HSC
as anyone heard anything for the RAAF, like had their YOU session or anythng yet? Everyone that seems to have been to their assessment days or whatever all seem to be army..
I agree im going for navy and only had my assesment day two weeks ago its def moving slower than army dont know of anyone who has been enlisted for navy or raaf yet.

if you havnt rang tho you should ive rang up a few times to see wahts goping on and they like it when you do because there are lots of ppl to chase up. goodluck!

Tim_107

HSC
I'm going for RAAF, had my you session in late july, handed in the forms 2 weeks later, still waiting for an assessment day, where r u at? have u had ur you or assessment day?

NikkiM

HSC
Tim
Oh ok. The whole process must be very slow. I haven't even had my YOU session yet lol and I applied back in May. Hopefully I find something out soon. I really hope I get in. I'll be crushed if I don't.
Good luck with your assessment day.

Tim_107

HSC
Tim
Oh ok. The whole process must be very slow. I haven't even had my YOU session yet lol and I applied back in May. Hopefully I find something out soon. I really hope I get in. I'll be crushed if I don't.
Good luck with your assessment day.
Cheers, if i get one.

Yeh i have a feeling that they must be rushing ppl thru the army GY, dont know why, and leaving navy and even more so raaf till later,
BUut i applied same time as you did, have u had your online testing? dont know why you aren't at the same stage as me, probablly coz only 20 ppl apply from Perth for the GY.
I'd give them a call if i were u, ask them whats going on,

mikey168

HSC
Hey all, just got a E-Mail saying i will get a letter concerning a YOU session in the next two weeks. i live near perth anyone else going for army from there?

NikkiM

HSC
Congrats!
I've rang them up like 5 times and every person has just told me that I'll find out by september 15th. So I waited. Still haven't heard anything but some people I know have just got emails about their YOU sess so maybe I'll find out in the next few weeks.

ila3

HSC
well if the 15th of sep was a key date i hope it moves faster now!..i was really keen to find out if i was in or not before exams lol cant concentrate on study cos its stressing me out!

mggail

HSC
Hey all, just got a E-Mail saying i will get a letter concerning a YOU session in the next two weeks. i live near perth anyone else going for army from there?
hey im from albany, wa and trying for the army :) had my you session just waiting for the assesment day now but its taking forever coz they lost some of the paperwork i sent up..

siphob

HSC
Just got an email saying I was unsuccessful. Never even got a YOU session. :mad: I must of score badly on the on-line testing or something. Sucks!

Auraden

HSC
omg im shattered i didnt make it in i didnt get a YOU session either, its because iapplied way to late oh well now im going for either reserves or full time. but they are like super packed out atm.

over 10,000 people applied for the gap year this year so mayb thats why haha..

Enchantress91

HSC
Good to know that I'm not alone. It's so unfair, I applied way back in May and I waited for over 4 months! If they'd told me earlier I would've applied for ADFA, like ages ago! Stupid Chandler MacLeod!!!

My ADFA application didn't go too well either. Everything went smoothly until they gave me a list of YOU session dates to choose from and all of them are right before my last HSC exam. So I had to quit my app.:cry:

Now I feel so unwanted...:( This is my worst day ever!

Oh btw congrats to all who made it ... at least to YOU session. :hammer:

SJ851

HSC
even if you did your you session in november, i'm not sure they could've rushed your app through in time for 2010 entry (for adfa, that is)....seems like a long shot to start with
That's true - in it's infinite wisdom the ADF only runs one OSB (Officer Selection Board) a month with a maximum of 10 candidates, this is the stage after your assessment day which is the stage after your YOU session... It's quite a lengthy process!

And the ADF wonders why there are a shortage of junior officers in the services *sigh*

rizz_31

HSC
hey sorry to all u guys who didn't make it through, its definately unfair to judge you guys before u even had a YOU session, cause many ppl just get their parents to do the online app, cheat basically, when u guys might have done it honestly.

one of my mates got through but another got told he didnt and he was pretty crushed...the only thing i could think of telling him is that if its what he really wants, there is always ADFA and reserves/full time or even the Gap year next year.

good luck to every1 who got a You session

zimbo101

HSC
did anyone here actually get in ??
getting deployed 8th of feb, for the navey gap year ??

sami301

SAMI
HSC
omg im shattered i didnt make it in i didnt get a YOU session either, its because iapplied way to late oh well now im going for either reserves or full time. but they are like super packed out atm.

over 10,000 people applied for the gap year this year so mayb thats why haha..

This year was the first year it wasn't 'first in best dressed' they took people who applied just the day before it closed. I only applied a week before and I got through.

sami301

SAMI
HSC
I got a You Session. I don't think anyone definately knows until after then. I'm going down next wednesday because i already had one for ADFA. So fingers crossed

Auraden

HSC
well i cant sit here and just wait till next year so i have already applied for full time army over the phone got my case manager and a YOU session alrdy lol.

rizz_31

HSC
haha funny how much quicker full time was..congrats anyway

i mean if the army was a career u wanted to get into ur prob saving ur self a lot of time by just goin into full time straight away....

good luck with the whole process

wat job r u gunna go for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)