• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

ila3

HSC
did anyone here actually get in ??
getting deployed 8th of feb, for the navey gap year ??

wow congrats...im going for navy too was just made class 1 !

how long after your assesment day did you find out ?

NikkiM

HSC
gahh I found out I didn't get in.. it sucks.. but I rang up the next day and reactivated my old application.. got a case manager but not a you session yet. Although I may not have to have one coz I've already done one, but I have to go in general entry opposed to officer coz logistics officer is unavailable. :(

zimbo101

HSC
wow congrats...im going for navy too was just made class 1 !

how long after your assesment day did you find out ?
ah got told on my assesment day that i was in, jst pending on some medical results. sent that in and got a fone call like 2 days later saying got in, offered a position for the adf navy gap year deploying 8th of feb. i'v had to do a whole set of blood tests and stuff aswell

Auraden

HSC
i my 3 prefs are soldier, airtillery air defender and airtillery man. but it might change come to my YOU session. i wanna see sum action.

aragami0012

HSC
N/A
Sorry to the guys that didn't get in, but like someone else said, if you are considering a career, go full time!

Dusty and Rizz I guess I'll be seeing you both at Kapooka then :D

rizz_31

HSC
yeh man, we can all endure 80 days of hell together lol!

i'm tryin to get fit now but i always find tv or computer more appealing than goin to the gym lol, gunna have to change that habit soon

Tim_107

HSC
ADF gap of uni straight away?.. :S
Personally, i should have done a gap year (to get centrelink :)), altho i dont regrett going to uni straight away,

if u can get into uni and hold a place, then think about deferring if u realy want to, but it depends on what ur mates r doing, if they're doing the same course as you and same uni, then u gotta think, do i want to be behind them if itake this gap year, but if they're at different uni's then it doesn't matter that much.

TheStallion

HSC
Congratulations to everyone who got in/got selected for a YOU session! :)

Amellia

HSC
Hey Guys ,

Just wondering , if the there are many girls applying for the gap year 2010 ?
Im tossing up with RAAF and the army at the moment as they were my choosen preferences.

thanks

rizz_31

HSC
hey ammelia, i've heard that a lot of girls apply for the navy gap year, but as for army and that i'm not too sure, i have a feeling that army would tend to be more guys than girls, but who knows.

what jobs have u applied for?

Amellia

HSC
hey ammelia, i've heard that a lot of girls apply for the navy gap year, but as for army and that i'm not too sure, i have a feeling that army would tend to be more guys than girls, but who knows.

what jobs have u applied for?
Hi ,
Yeah , I agree for the army that it would most likely be male dominated . I like haven't heard of any girls go for the army but im sure there would have to be a few,right .
For the army,operator movement & admin .
Yourself ?

rizz_31

HSC
I got enlisted for a rifleman, leavin early january...i'm not even sure if girls can choose that one, cause women in the army can't do combat roles, dunno about for the sake of the gap year though..

i have heard of a few girls going into the army, and there were a fair bit at my you session going into it,i definately hope there will be girls!!!! i know we're not really there to socialize, but i'm only human lol..

what stage u at with ur application

Amellia

HSC
That’s awesome. At the you session that I went to, I was the only girl there not that I was complaining but I was ok then lol. Urm at the stage when like they ring you up and tell you to send all the documentation and stuff for the next part of the process .

ila3

HSC
well done to every one who has been accepted!

Ah just a question, did everyone who has been enlisted find out on assesment day/ how long after assesment day did you find out?

also are the different states enlisting on different schedules?

rizz_31

HSC
nah i found out about a month after my assessment day, my mate had to wait almost two months!

pretty nervous wait, but so worth it when they send out ur enlistment letter

ila3

HSC
thanks rizz
so excited and happy today i found out im in!.. enlistment is 8th of feb
..ah tell me about it I was so nervous lol

Last edited:

rizz_31

HSC
oh hey congrats man, how good is it gunna be!!! feb 8 ur lucky, mines jan 12th :( but still cant wait.

although i'm not looking forward to doing kapooka in the three hottest months of the year, especially when i read that the area can get extremely hot in summer, up to mid 40's...just imagine doing physical training then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)