ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

annzy

HSC
I'm going army, i enlist on the 9th of feb. & Since i want to go to uni still afterwards the date works out good. Where will you be based do you know?

Greekgirlie

HSC
I'm going army, i enlist on the 9th of feb. & Since i want to go to uni still afterwards the date works out good. Where will you be based do you know?
Yeah i'm trying for an earlier enlistment date becasue of the whole uni thing too. So when my medical thing passes they'll offer me march but i'll be on the feb waiting list.

I'd love that date though :) I think the 8th of feb navy intake is full unfortunately but we'll see how it all goes.

Not sure dont think we find out til we get there. its not like army and we dont have one job we get to try a few over the period of time

annzy

HSC
Yeah i'm trying for an earlier enlistment date becasue of the whole uni thing too. So when my medical thing passes they'll offer me march but i'll be on the feb waiting list.

I'd love that date though :) I think the 8th of feb navy intake is full unfortunately but we'll see how it all goes.

Not sure dont think we find out til we get there. its not like army and we dont have one job we get to try a few over the period of time
Oh yeah, feb would suit most people better for sure in terms of uni. Ah it is all so exciting. Where are you from?

Greekgirlie

HSC
yeah i know. I just figure if i get march i'll not take holidays dring the year so i can discharge early.

I'm on the sunshine coast in QLD where abouts are you from? What job have you applied for? sorry forgot to ask earlier

annzy

HSC
I'm in Victoria in South Gippsland. Applied for dental assistant!

Greekgirlie

HSC
I'm in Victoria in South Gippsland. Applied for dental assistant!
Oh cool that sounds good. My mums a dental assistant and doesnt mind her job. been doing it for over 20 years though...

so you'll only be going to kapooka for training. not tooo far from home i guess.

annzy

HSC
Well i go to kapooka for 80days, which is ages away cause its in nsw. But then for 12 weeks i am at hmas cerbrus is westernport which is only an hour from home :). and then for the next 6 months i could be anywhere is AUS.

Greekgirlie

HSC
i'll be at HMAS cerberus for the first 15 weeks so i might see you there haha
I guess at Sth Gippsland youre at the base of vic and kapooka is inland NSW.

Where are you hoping you get posted? I've never been to SA or WA so i recon near there would be good. Dont think there are any naval bases in SA though. Mum is hoping i get posted somewhere good so she gets a holiday even if she cant see me

ila3

HSC
i'll be at HMAS cerberus for the first 15 weeks so i might see you there haha
I guess at Sth Gippsland youre at the base of vic and kapooka is inland NSW.

Where are you hoping you get posted? I've never been to SA or WA so i recon near there would be good. Dont think there are any naval bases in SA though. Mum is hoping i get posted somewhere good so she gets a holiday even if she cant see me
hey Greekgirlie thanks for info bout enlstment day...i figured as much ill have to fly also lol looks like a big day! have you got enlistment day yet? got feb 8th which does work out well if uni 2011! i guess ill c you at recruit training?

Greekgirlie

HSC
hey Greekgirlie thanks for info bout enlstment day...i figured as much ill have to fly also lol looks like a big day! have you got enlistment day yet? got feb 8th which does work out well if uni 2011! i guess ill c you at recruit training?
so you're navy too? I havent got a date yet. THey said march but will try get me an earlier date (apparently lots of people drop out).
Where abouts are you from ila3?

ila3

HSC
so you're navy too? I havent got a date yet. THey said march but will try get me an earlier date (apparently lots of people drop out).
Where abouts are you from ila3?

oh yea im navy! :) well hopefully feb 8 for you too lol i was considering starting uni second semester if i had to!

ha im from down south...tasmaina :) you?

Greekgirlie

HSC
oh yea im navy! :) well hopefully feb 8 for you too lol i was considering starting uni second semester if i had to!

ha im from down south...tasmaina :) you?

I'm on the sunny coast in Qld. up north of brisbane. Ohh tazzie that'd be cold. at least you'd be used to the cold while i'll be freezing my arse off in vic when i get there.

I'm so hoping 8th of feb :) but we'll see. I'm so excited but i've watched the learning the ropes video on the recruit school website that many times i dont know waht to do with myself lol.

ila3

HSC
I'm on the sunny coast in Qld. up north of brisbane. Ohh tazzie that'd be cold. at least you'd be used to the cold while i'll be freezing my arse off in vic when i get there.

I'm so hoping 8th of feb :) but we'll see. I'm so excited but i've watched the learning the ropes video on the recruit school website that many times i dont know waht to do with myself lol.

lol me too lol Im obsessed!!!!!!(good video tho)
ah lol yes cold that could be an advantage ha ha ive been to qld many a times ...mostly gold coast but have ventured to sunshine a few times... so nice (warm)!

Greekgirlie

HSC
lol me too lol Im obsessed!!!!!!(good video tho)
ah lol yes cold that could be an advantage ha ha ive been to qld many a times ...mostly gold coast but have ventured to sunshine a few times... so nice (warm)!
Its hot today (33 degrees)! yeah its pretty good up here. cant say i've ever been that far south.

How long after your assessment day did you find out your enlistment date? i had my assessment on wed and thats when they said you're down for march at the moment.

ila3

HSC
Its hot today (33 degrees)! yeah its pretty good up here. cant say i've ever been that far south.

How long after your assessment day did you find out your enlistment date? i had my assessment on wed and thats when they said you're down for march at the moment.

well there isn't cloud in the sky today but prob only 15-16 degrees lol.

well they didn say anything on assesment day bout being enlisted... i had to go to the doctor before they made me class 1 and then a week after that i just rang up cos i was sick of waiting and they gave me an enlistment date. so was bout three weeks but only a week after being class 1.

rizz_31

HSC
hey annzy, yeh i've heard of inverloch thats not too far at all...

i'm in for rifleman so i'll be doin the 80 days at kapooka like everyone else, then we get posted to Sydney, Townsville or Darwin dunno till we get there i think...

i'm hopin for townsville, i'd love to be in qld, be a nice change from our weather lol..

ur enlistment date is awesome, mines so early, 12th jan, but i guess if i come back for uni next year i'll have a break b4 i start

Greekgirlie

HSC
well there isn't cloud in the sky today but prob only 15-16 degrees lol.

well they didn say anything on assesment day bout being enlisted... i had to go to the doctor before they made me class 1 and then a week after that i just rang up cos i was sick of waiting and they gave me an enlistment date. so was bout three weeks but only a week after being class 1.
who did you ring to get an enlistment date? And did they let you know you'd become a class one? Cos i sent them the dr results they wanted the day after my assessment. Should i let it go for a few weeks and then call? It just doesnt seem real until i get an enlistment date

ila3

HSC
who did you ring to get an enlistment date? And did they let you know you'd become a class one? Cos i sent them the dr results they wanted the day after my assessment. Should i let it go for a few weeks and then call? It just doesnt seem real until i get an enlistment date

Hey Greekgirlie, ...to start with i got a letter saying i had been made class one a week after sending dr stuff away thena week after that i....
Well rang 13 10 19 or whatever it is! asked them what was going on then they gave me a number to call at local recruit centre (apparently i had a case manager lol)! i just asked hm what was going on and he was bout to send stuff out to me so told me over the phone couple of days later i got a pack in the mail.
i'd say if your anxious ring them...they like you to call i think because they have so many ppl + it doesn't hurt and it shows your really keen :)
hope this helps :)

Greekgirlie

HSC
Hey Greekgirlie, ...to start with i got a letter saying i had been made class one a week after sending dr stuff away thena week after that i....
Well rang 13 10 19 or whatever it is! asked them what was going on then they gave me a number to call at local recruit centre (apparently i had a case manager lol)! i just asked hm what was going on and he was bout to send stuff out to me so told me over the phone couple of days later i got a pack in the mail.
i'd say if your anxious ring them...they like you to call i think because they have so many ppl + it doesn't hurt and it shows your really keen :)
hope this helps :)

Thanks heaps ila3. haha i'm so impatient. they gave me a phone number of a lady who i assumed is my new case manager or something. I'll give it a week to see if i get a letter and then call. I'm so hoping its earlier than march :) feb 8 would be great hah i could meet you in person aye.

ila3

HSC
Thanks heaps ila3. haha i'm so impatient. they gave me a phone number of a lady who i assumeo is my new case manager or something. I'll give it a week to see if i get a letter and then call. I'm so hoping its earlier than march :) feb 8 would be great hah i could meet you in person aye.
thats ok good luck...ha ha sounds good lol im not usually so in tune with this blogging thing.. im just so excited :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)