ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

Greekgirlie

HSC
thats ok good luck...ha ha sounds good lol im not usually so in tune with this blogging thing.. im just so excited :)
me neither, never joined a blog/forum like this in my entire life... but the excited thing we;re on the same page. I honestly dont know how to contain my excitedment and my friends dont get it but are trying to be supportive lol.

rizz_31

HSC
haha greekgirlie thats really funny wat u said about ur friends not undertsanding it cause mine don't either....i think i've had to explain the process of the Gap year about a 1000 times and i cant understand how they dont get it! theres experience, money, fun and they just give me weird looks when i tell them bout it....

they all just say, what are you gunna do if there's a war and u have to fight? its so frustrating, oh well least we can be excited as hell lol

ila3

HSC
me neither, never joined a blog/forum like this in my entire life... but the excited thing we;re on the same page. I honestly dont know how to contain my excitedment and my friends dont get it but are trying to be supportive lol.[/quote

yea same ....so did you know of any one who did the gap year before?

Greekgirlie

HSC
haha greekgirlie thats really funny wat u said about ur friends not undertsanding it cause mine don't either....i think i've had to explain the process of the Gap year about a 1000 times and i cant understand how they dont get it! theres experience, money, fun and they just give me weird looks when i tell them bout it....

they all just say, what are you gunna do if there's a war and u have to fight? its so frustrating, oh well least we can be excited as hell lol

Yeha i'm online talking to one of them trying to explain it... yeah the fighting questions i'm like well i guess you fight. I was watching apocolypse now yesterday and was pretty happy i chose navy lol.

it is just that exciting though. i honestly dont know what to do with myself sometimes its like ohh shit i'm actually goign to go...

Greekgirlie

HSC
me neither, never joined a blog/forum like this in my entire life... but the excited thing we;re on the same page. I honestly dont know how to contain my excitedment and my friends dont get it but are trying to be supportive lol.[/quote

yea same ....so did you know of any one who did the gap year before?
yeah know one guy doing army this year and he's just joined full time and one of my friends older sister did army last year i think. oh and one of my techers sons is doing rifleman in the army this year and loving it...

what about you

ila3

HSC
yeah know one guy doing army this year and he's just joined full time and one of my friends older sister did army last year i think. oh and one of my techers sons is doing rifleman in the army this year and loving it...

what about you
oh wow...lol i dont know anyone who has done or who is doing it but herd through some friends who knew ppl....said they travelled overseas a bit :)

Dusty09

HSC
Hey,

I'm so glad so many people here are in... i was starting to get a bit worried a month ago when like three of us had enlistment dates.

Question, is anyone getting recruited for Army through Parramatta? and has got their enlistment pack? Not the date, but the pack???

The GE Army enlistment officer keeps saying she'll send them 3 months before enlistment, but has confirmed our places... which is weird...

And a more general question, now that you can be deployed on your Army Gap year is everyone more or less keen. For me and my mates, we chuffed it would be the most awesomest experience!

anyway, back to the study!!

annzy

HSC
Hey,

I'm so glad so many people here are in... i was starting to get a bit worried a month ago when like three of us had enlistment dates.

Question, is anyone getting recruited for Army through Parramatta? and has got their enlistment pack? Not the date, but the pack???

The GE Army enlistment officer keeps saying she'll send them 3 months before enlistment, but has confirmed our places... which is weird...

And a more general question, now that you can be deployed on your Army Gap year is everyone more or less keen. For me and my mates, we chuffed it would be the most awesomest experience!

hey dusty, i don;t know of anyone getting recuited thru parramatta? where is parramatta? i have my enlistment pack & date.. i'd just keep calling and asking~~
i'm pretty excited, bit nervous though i don't know of any girls doing the army year yet.. so a bit nerve racking!!! but i really want to be deployed if i can be!!!!!
so does that mean you will or wont be at kapooka? do you have your enlistement date?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Hey,

my boyfriend is joining the navy full time and he had to go out to parramatta for heaps of things [tests, info nights etc] is that's what you mean?

he went away yesterday for two weeks for some pilot selection training thing =[[. not looking forward to his year away.

Dusty09

HSC
hey dusty, i don;t know of anyone getting recuited thru parramatta? where is parramatta? i have my enlistment pack & date.. i'd just keep calling and asking~~
i'm pretty excited, bit nervous though i don't know of any girls doing the army year yet.. so a bit nerve racking!!! but i really want to be deployed if i can be!!!!!
so does that mean you will or wont be at kapooka? do you have your enlistement date?
Hey!

I have an enlistment officer, and an enlistment date 9th of February which is all good and well, and good for uni next year! its just she wont send me the last 'pack' until three months before enlistment, which is soon i know... but a little frustrating

I've got friends going through Parramatta (Which is in Sydney's inner west) and she wont give them their stuff either... Its odd, cause we were on DFR's Candidate management center (Thats your case manager, and all the people at 13 19 01/ 13 19 02) case from the start and got through YOU/Assessment days/ Blood work really early. (Having some friends in the army side of DFR helped... and now, we got nothing...
Once we got sent onto the enlitment officer everything slowed down, she's like "Your in...now sit tight)

There will be some girls, always are, I had friends recently complete Reserves Pooka and look at your assessment day's population...

Greekgirlie

HSC
hey anyone who has an enlistment date have you all done those blood tests etc. do they make you class 1 when thats all gone through?

i was told i was through but not told to get the blood tests or anything yet. haha havent gotten any documentation though.

annzy

HSC
Hey!

I have an enlistment officer, and an enlistment date 9th of February which is all good and well, and good for uni next year! its just she wont send me the last 'pack' until three months before enlistment, which is soon i know... but a little frustrating

I've got friends going through Parramatta (Which is in Sydney's inner west) and she wont give them their stuff either... Its odd, cause we were on DFR's Candidate management center (Thats your case manager, and all the people at 13 19 01/ 13 19 02) case from the start and got through YOU/Assessment days/ Blood work really early. (Having some friends in the army side of DFR helped... and now, we got nothing...
Once we got sent onto the enlitment officer everything slowed down, she's like "Your in...now sit tight)

There will be some girls, always are, I had friends recently complete Reserves Pooka and look at your assessment day's population...
So dusty you're going in on the 9th of feb too? To kapooka?

annzy

HSC
oh & how do i look @ my assessment day's population ?

ila3

HSC
hey anyone who has an enlistment date have you all done those blood tests etc. do they make you class 1 when thats all gone through?

i was told i was through but not told to get the blood tests or anything yet. haha havent gotten any documentation though.
hey, I recieved pathology forms in my pack! havnt had test yet just have to have them back and cleared few weeks before enlistment!

annzy

HSC
i had the pathology test two weeks ago, havent heard anything back? so i am guessing it was all good otherwise they would have called. there is so much medical stuff!!

ila3

HSC
i had the pathology test two weeks ago, havent heard anything back? so i am guessing it was all good otherwise they would have called. there is so much medical stuff!!
yea that medical questionair was pretty intense lol :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)