Advance Paper 2 - Thoughts (1 Viewer)

hscbec101

HSC
I thought that was rather easier than last years and 2005s exam
In the Wild - Brave New World and Blade Runner was easy and basic
Not so good on the King Lear. Struggled a bit and the Frontline was basically straight forward. All the questions were straight forward.
Thoughts anyone
xx CLASS 2007 BAC

cadylayne

HSC
The In the Wild question stunned me a bit. I think I did an ok job, I just wasn't expecting it. It was hard to think on your feet for that one. I would have needed a few more minutes to think about how to tackle it.

Harwood was pretty good, and Frontline was a gift.

luv.bubble

HSC
died for sec 1, died for sec 2, died for sec 3.
i only died to a lesser extent for frontline.
it wasn't that the questions were that hard.
its just that we only were suposed to discuss "two" elements in emma/clueless, which made me struggle to fit my paragraphs under "two", because i didnt want to cut stuff out which would make my essay really short.
and of course, died with king lear.

oliperro

HSC
ADVANCED ENGLISH IS THE WORST SUBJECT...EVER.

I JUST FINISHED THROWING ALL MY NOTES OUT, I'VE SPENT TWO YEARS LONGING FOR THIS DAY.

MY UAI WOULD PROBABLY BE 10 PTS HIGHER IF IT WASNT FOR THIS SHT... COMPULSORY... YEH RIGHT WATEVA... BOARD OF STUDIES = POTHEADS. ITS NOT EVEN REAL ENGLISH, I DONT WHY THEY CHANGED THE COURSE IN 2001. SHOULD BE TWO SUBJECTS; 2U JOURNEYS, AND 2U POSTMODERN BULLSHIT...OH YEAH AND NOT COMPULORY. ITS FUNNY THO HOW HUNDREDS OF PPL EVERY YEAR (LIKE ME) MISS OUT ON THEIR UNI COURSES BECAUSE WE CANT TALK ABOUT JOURNEYS, WRITE CREATIVE WRITING AND RESPOND TO HOW GWEN HARWOOD EXPRESSES HER EMOTIONS IN A ANTHOLOGY OF POETRY WHICH NEVER REALLY GOT RECOGNISED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD EXCEPT THE BOARD OF STUDIES. GEE I BET SHE FEELS GOOD ABOUT HERSELF...OH NO SORRY SHE'S DEAD.

SERIOUSLY, I AGREE WITH ESL BEING COMPULSORY FOR PPL WHO CANT SPEAK ENGLISH. BUT JUST BECAUSE ONE CANT TALK SHIT DOESN'T MEAN HE/SHE SHOULD BE PUT AT A DISADVANTAGE FOR TERTIARY EDUCATION. BUT I MEAN THATS COOL... IF THE BOS WANTS TO ONLY ALLOW EMO FAGS WHO ARE DEEPLY IN TOUCH WITH THEIR EMOTIONAL SIDE TO SUCEED THATS THEIR PROBLEM.

WELL AFTER AN EARLY BEATING WITH THE ENGLISH, I'M OFF TO STUDY FOR SOME REAL SUBJECTS; MATHS, ECONOMICS, BUSINESS. YOU KNOW PRACTICAL SUBJECTS THAT ARE GOING TO GET ME SOMEWHERE IN LIFE.

WELL I'VE HAD MY RANT, 'ANY THOUGHTS?'

OLLY

btw 'kevin rudd is a retard. could you imagine that nerd as our PM. stop having a bitch about interest rates and middle income families. the economy has never been better than in the hands of the liberal party. climate change is a non-issue. it is a grounds to gain politcal support. look at the figures. human contribution to greenhouse gas = <0.1%.

Ademir

HSC
The frontline question was piss easy but as usual i wasted too much time on the first section and lost time at the end

harwood was a bit... wtf. but once you thought about it for a minute it was easy

in the wild question was hard to structure but once you get going its pretty much the same things you would be talking about in any other essay

BlaaahBlaaah

HSC
oliperro said:

I JUST FINISHED THROWING ALL MY NOTES OUT, I'VE SPENT TWO YEARS LONGING FOR THIS DAY.

MY UAI WOULD PROBABLY BE 10 PTS HIGHER IF IT WASNT FOR THIS SHT... COMPULSORY... YEH RIGHT WATEVA... BOARD OF STUDIES = POTHEADS. ITS NOT EVEN REAL ENGLISH, I DONT WHY THEY CHANGED THE COURSE IN 2001. SHOULD BE TWO SUBJECTS; 2U JOURNEYS, AND 2U POSTMODERN BULLSHIT...OH YEAH AND NOT COMPULORY. ITS FUNNY THO HOW HUNDREDS OF PPL EVERY YEAR (LIKE ME) MISS OUT ON THEIR UNI COURSES BECAUSE WE CANT TALK ABOUT JOURNEYS, WRITE CREATIVE WRITING AND RESPOND TO HOW GWEN HARWOOD EXPRESSES HER EMOTIONS IN A ANTHOLOGY OF POETRY WHICH NEVER REALLY GOT RECOGNISED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD EXCEPT THE BOARD OF STUDIES. GEE I BET SHE FEELS GOOD ABOUT HERSELF...OH NO SORRY SHE'S DEAD.

SERIOUSLY, I AGREE WITH ESL BEING COMPULSORY FOR PPL WHO CANT SPEAK ENGLISH. BUT JUST BECAUSE ONE CANT TALK SHIT DOESN'T MEAN HE/SHE SHOULD BE PUT AT A DISADVANTAGE FOR TERTIARY EDUCATION. BUT I MEAN THATS COOL... IF THE BOS WANTS TO ONLY ALLOW EMO FAGS WHO ARE DEEPLY IN TOUCH WITH THEIR EMOTIONAL SIDE TO SUCEED THATS THEIR PROBLEM.

WELL AFTER AN EARLY BEATING WITH THE ENGLISH, I'M OFF TO STUDY FOR SOME REAL SUBJECTS; MATHS, ECONOMICS, BUSINESS. YOU KNOW PRACTICAL SUBJECTS THAT ARE GOING TO GET ME SOMEWHERE IN LIFE.

OLLY
I pretty much agree with what you're saying. I'm fluent in english, why would I need to sit a compulsory subject of it? We were having a 'discussion' the other day on this with our english teacher *sigh*. Oh well, at least it's over now. :)

As for the exam itself, I thought it was fairly easy. I'm glad I didn't listen to those people who tried warning me off memorising essays. The questions were so straightforward, it took only a little tweaking to make my memorised essays fit. The worse one, in my opinion, was the In the Wild (BR/BNW) essay. I was pretty fucked with the differences part... all I could really think of were similarities. I'm pretty sure I bullshitted my way through it pretty well though. King Lear I thought I was going to have problem with, but surprisingly found it easy. And Telling the Truth was way too broad. I could have rattled off for ages if I had more time.

melissabriffa

HSC
btw 'kevin rudd is a retard. could you imagine that nerd as our PM. stop having a bitch about interest rates and middle income families. the economy has never been better than in the hands of the liberal party. climate change is a non-issue. it is a grounds to gain politcal support. look at the figures. human contribution to greenhouse gas = <0.1%.[/quote]

i agree with your BOS bitch but kevin rudd is no retard. He is a hard worker with true australian roots that will do more for our country than Howard the fag ever did. Liberals are represented by the rich, for the rich. on the other hand of course, labor party is beneficial for the average working family which MAKES UP MOST OF AUSTRALIA. So, i think you should rethink what Howard has done for us... GST, false promises... interest rate hike..etc he is a big fat liar that has no brains. also, before the old mate Howard became PM UNIVERSITY FEES WERE PAID BY THE GOVERNMENT. so think about it buddy, you could be going to uni for free next year, but instead you will have a minimum of a $25 000 debt if you use HECS.. SO therefore i will be voting for Kevin Rudd.

GO KEVIN 07

By the way, the english paper was gay i hate BOS

123erykb

HSC
oliperro said:

OLLY

btw 'kevin rudd is a retard. could you imagine that nerd as our PM. stop having a bitch about interest rates and middle income families. the economy has never been better than in the hands of the liberal party. climate change is a non-issue. it is a grounds to gain politcal support. look at the figures. human contribution to greenhouse gas = <0.1%.
I completely agree with your point on English being compulsory, it is ridiculously unfair and I'm sure the BOS will one day come to its senses, unless it remains in the hands of conservative beurocrats.

But to say that,

"THE BOS WANTS TO ONLY ALLOW EMO FAGS WHO ARE DEEPLY IN TOUCH WITH THEIR EMOTIONAL SIDE TO SUCEED THATS THEIR PROBLEM".

Is really quite unfair.

English is not about emotion, nor should it ever be interpreted in that way. English is about perspective, and being able to see the world through someone else's eyes. For example, psycho-analytical readings of King Lear teach people to value and understand a perspective of a text other than their own. In that way, people can look at the world from another persons perspective, teaching a very powerful lesson of empathy, that would otherwise be absent. It is because of English that I can agree with your point of view that the mandatory teaching of English is grossly unfair, so the subject definitely has its merits that become increasingly important as we get older.

Further, to say that Economics or Maths are more relevant that English is unwarranted. Subjects have a different relevancy for each individual, and to simply state a generalisation like that is a huge misconception. Just as some of those who do maths wish to become engineers, some of those who do English wish to become writers , journalists etc, making it highly relevant for them.

My point is, don't make broad sweeping statements without thinking about it "from another persons perspective".

Lastly, your little political ramble at the bottom of your message is completely ridiculous. To say that either party is different from the other is a misnomer, they are identical in almost every way. Both will ultimately lead the country on a course of "economic rationalism" with little or no regard for social needs. Rudd has no intention of proposing free university, nor does Howard, gone are the days of Whitlam when such things were remotely possible. I hope that some people who read this message will put pressure on their local MP's by voting for the most social parties, this is the only way that the government will realise (who ever it is) that it needs to spend more time focusing on social outcomes such as schools and hospitals, rather than hoping "market forces" will do the job, which they most definitely haven't.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
123erykb said:
English is not about emotion, nor should it ever be interpreted in that way. English is about perspective, and being able to see the world through someone else's eyes. For example, psycho-analytical readings of King Lear teach people to value and understand a perspective of a text other than their own. In that way, people can look at the world from another persons perspective, teaching a very powerful lesson of empathy, that would otherwise be absent. It is because of English that I can agree with your point of view that the mandatory teaching of English is grossly unfair, so the subject definitely has its merits that become increasingly important as we get older.
English is about how many mad words you got in your vocab and how mad you can string em together. Read the exemplars. some of them go off on tangents. and still get full marks. why? for having pretty words and sentence structure that makes bOs markers cum all over themselves!!!!!

butttt inglist is obaa so i dun hab 2 tawk properliiiiii soooo VIVAAAA EVO MORALES!!!

10:00pm SBS 2NITE!!!!!!

EVO MORALES > John Howawrd + Kevin Rudd + anybody else !!!

Last edited:

alfie0069

HSC
oliperro said:

OLLY.

lmao i don't know if u did in the wild but omg it isnt even relevant to anything remotely close to english, the questions are so stupid and they require more than english skills to answer and oh yeh compulsary is so dumb also lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)