Advanced English Help. (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey i have my english paper one coming up.

and i was jsut wondering if anyone has ideas for a NON-CLICHE dreams and reality short story

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Do not write a dream for your creative writing. You should write about a short bit of life like standing at a bus stop or observing someone on a plane.

Last edited:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Justin123456789 said:

and i was jsut wondering if anyone has ideas for a NON-CLICHE dreams and reality short story
dreams are a big big BIG cliche, don't do it

bored of sc

HSC
Justin123456789 said:

A guy or girl who thinks they are dreaming but it turns out it's reality.

Last edited:

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
bored_of_sc knows exactly what they're looking for - a cliched twist, teen angst, violence and a suicide!

Section II of Paper One is now your oyster...

bored of sc

HSC
Patar said:
bored_of_sc knows exactly what they're looking for - a cliched twist, teen angst, violence and a suicide!

Section II of Paper One is now your oyster...
I was not being sarcastic with what I posted. :(

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Justin123456789 said:
i have to talk about "dreams and reality"

its my AOS.
In that case, base you're story around you're concept work. Create a dot point list of all the major concepts of you're topic and create a story in relation to those points. I can't really help other then that as i don't know about that topic.

Lyly

HSC
Woo hoo - my first ever post on this forum :D

Well, I'm not doing this AoS at the moment, but you might want to consider my tips:

- A key idea is that dreams transcend reality; that is, they shape and reflect reality beyond its realms.

- I'm not sure if you're really allowed to do this, especially if you haven't discussed this idea yet, but you can give it a go: remember Martin Luther King's 'I Have a Dream' speech, and the American dream? Write a story based on that. You could even show how dreams influence people, and consequently, society.

- This leads us to the idea that dreams are not simply images formed in our heads - but rather dreams are metaphysical imaginations which shape and define who we are, and our understanding of human nature.

Well hope that helped you - if not, just let me know :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)