Advanced English Paper 2 Module C Essay (1 Viewer)

noddis911

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey I wanted to get you guys' advice. For Mod C 'Conflicting Perspectives' Essay, I got full marks in both trials and our school assessment for that module using the same essay. Our set text was Julius Caesar and we were only required to have one ORT; for me it was 'American History X'. For the HSC we were told to prepare 2, so I'm now adding in Geoff Parr's 'The National Picture', but its messing with the whole structure and the amount of detail I can go into - two elements of which I think were important to my getting full marks.

My questions is: If the HSC question for this module follows the trend and asks for AT LEAST ONE ORT, should I use my original with just ONE or use my modified essay which has TWO?

I know it may sound obvious, but I have heard that most teachers prefer two regardless and sometimes it can disadvantage you if you only use one or make your response seem less substantial. Having said that my analysis for Julius Caesar and American History X is extremely adequate - approx. 450 words for each.

I'm struggling to decide :S

amour

Female
HSC
Hey I wanted to get you guys' advice. For Mod C 'Conflicting Perspectives' Essay, I got full marks in both trials and our school assessment for that module using the same essay. Our set text was Julius Caesar and we were only required to have one ORT; for me it was 'American History X'. For the HSC we were told to prepare 2, so I'm now adding in Geoff Parr's 'The National Picture', but its messing with the whole structure and the amount of detail I can go into - two elements of which I think were important to my getting full marks.

My questions is: If the HSC question for this module follows the trend and asks for AT LEAST ONE ORT, should I use my original with just ONE or use my modified essay which has TWO?

I know it may sound obvious, but I have heard that most teachers prefer two regardless and sometimes it can disadvantage you if you only use one or make your response seem less substantial. Having said that my analysis for Julius Caesar and American History X is extremely adequate - approx. 450 words for each.

Do 2 if you can do it under 40 mins. :)

roryclifford

HSC

I am not an expert but have always been told, if it says at least one, the marking guidelines will not differentiate between someone who does one and someone who does two, therefore no disadvantage. You should be sweet with the one if its an excellent essay, just have the other ready obviously.

Good luck

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad

Just because two is recommended does not mean it disadvantages you. Just like when they suggest 800 words, some people write 700 or 1400. If your essay is good they will still mark it on its merits. It will only seem less substantial if it is in fact less substantial e.g. the amount of depth you go into with 2 texts is as much as other people do with three. But obviously if you are going into depth, which you seem to be doing as you received full marks, then you'll be fine with just 1 related.

noddis911

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok then thanks guys, I will only do one if that is the question...I cbf'd to full tweak my response now anywayz

babysavz

HSC
this is a bit late but could you send me that essay on conflicting perspectives please? thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)