Advanced Paper 2 [Modules] - Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Eluate

HSC
For module B Hamlet, could you just say it was significantly a strength but not a weakness?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Why is everyone concerned about the strengths and weaknesses part? It was merely one component of the question you still had to talk about unique voices, tension, real/imagined and personal view for Yeats. Anyone else talk about Yeats poetry containing only strengths and no weaknesses? I don't think you could really justify any weaknesses in his poems as they conveyed real world truths in an imagined setting.
I talked about the unique voice being Yeats' personas in each of his poems, and mainly the tension between the real world (aging/mortality) and his imagined world (permanence/beauty/Irish identity). Also by the end of the essay I was like crap I could've argued strengths only but I managed to say the strength was it conveys an understanding of the human condition while the weakness is that it reveals his own grief and conflicting perspectives regarding mortality etc.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
For module B Hamlet, could you just say it was significantly a strength but not a weakness?
If you argued that point of view with sufficient evidence yeah it's fine, since the question is a judgement based q 'to what extent', rather than a closed discussion with like for example 'Show'

The Doozy

HSC
Pikachu- Yeah I approached it in a very similar way. I believe that it was definitely the best way to answer a question of that complexity. You could honestly talk about strengths and weaknesses evenly but as Yeats poetry reflects true world events (Irish rebellion, WW1, impermanence of humanity etc) it's much easier just to talk about the respective strengths.

People need to remember that the extent to which this applied to your personal view didn't just include the strength/weakness component but the entirety of the statement.

14willow14

HSC
Was anyone p'd off about them setting 'Journey of the Magi' as the required poem for discussion for Eliot?

-tommy-

HSC
I dropped physics before we got to options.

Does this mean that the marks of students who study different texts in the modules are adjusted based on how well people do at each text, in order to account for differences of difficulty?

Because I did speeches and I found the question comparatively easier than the credit and downfall stuff that people doing other texts had to do.

-tommy-

HSC

Does this mean that the marks of students who study different texts in the modules are adjusted based on how well people do at each text, in order to account for differences of difficulty?

Because I did speeches and I found the question comparatively easier than the credit and downfall stuff that people doing other texts had to do.

-tommy-

HSC

Eluate

HSC
Is that adjustment for mark included in the raw, or is it in the weighted part where it is included?

Fwb

HSC
N/A
Hey jazz, do u mind tellling us ur raw marks?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey jazz, do u mind tellling us ur raw marks?
I only bought them for like 2 subjects business got a 90 and Chem was around 88 (can't remember exactly). In terms of English though someone on rawmarksinfo got a 98 last year with a 97/100 raw mark, so I would guess I got 96/100 raw mark which is roughly 101/105 weighted mark.

Dilara98

HSC
N/A
I only bought them for like 2 subjects business got a 90 and Chem was around 88 (can't remember exactly). In terms of English though someone on rawmarksinfo got a 98 last year with a 97/100 raw mark, so I would guess I got 96/100 raw mark which is roughly 101/105 weighted mark.
*whistles*

hoopi

HSC
mod a: prince/julius caesar
mod b: in the skin of a lion
mod c: the crucible

easy af lmao

niabarnett

HSC
The Prince/Julius Caesar for A, W.B. Yeats for B, Brave New World for C

Mod A/C weren't too bad but the phrasing of the question was kinda messy IMO?
Mod B was straight up disgusting, seriously what was that question? There were so many points that needed to be addressed (Unique voices, Yeats' reality/ideal, the strengths/weaknesses thing), also
Among School Children
WHY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)