advice.. 12 units in hsc, or 10?? what if i bomb out? (1 Viewer)

mg23

HSC
right.. i am doing now..
eng adv and ext
math 2u and ext
bio
chem
legal
so in yr 12,shoud i keep legal and have xtra units, or should i drop it and spend my time on other subjects like chem? cos if legal is hard, then should i drop it? or if i'm good at it, (i'm not too bad, 95% in last exam), should i keep it to compensate?? aiming for a pretty high uai, want to be a vet, so cant go bad.. what do i do??

thanks!!:)

Johanist

HSC
just keep it im doing all ur subject cept instead of legal im doing economics and most likely keeping it in yr 12 mainly because its my best subject. if however you feel that having legal is absolutely useless then just drop it but it really depends on you

AnandDNA

HSC
i dropped legal earlier this yr and have never regretted it. And if you think about it, by having 10 units you'll have more time to concentrate on those 10 units then someone with 12. It highly unlikely that you would do better with 12 units than 10, think about it

bby

HSC
do 10+ units.. to be on the safe side..

AnandDNA

HSC
yeh but your doing 120 more hours just in school alone on a subject that won't even count towards your uai. also you'll be doing atleast 3 hrs a week at home too on that subject.

mg23

HSC
and i;m definitely not dropping one extension, so i wish i had just one extra unit, like a compromise between these two.. but i dont, so yeah. so instead i have to choose to have the bare minimum or two extra... thanks!

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
in a way it just needs to be weighed up.
having 2 extra units does provide you with a fallback option, but also can be a greater workload (if you attempt to fully maintain all 12 units). likewise only having 10 means you only have to focus on what you need to do, but then again it is WHAT YOU NEED TO DO. so there's no fallback option.

there isn't really a definitive blanket answer on this question.

you just need to weigh up which conditions are going to be best for you as a student. everyone is different, and the way they study and respond to school conditions is also different. if you're like me, you'd prefer to just have 10 and not have any extra work to do. so just weigh up what is really going to be best

HSC
95%!!!!
as if you would want to drop it!

so you dont enjoy legal at all?

J

Jigabeth

I'd say keep it. If you find it too tough doing them all you can drop it part way through the year, right?

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Depends on how confident you are about your subjects.
Do 10 units if and only if you are confident that you know what you want to do for the HSC.

mg23

HSC
so can you do that, drop a subject like in term 2 of yr 12?? thanks.

HSC
so can you do that, drop a subject like in term 2 of yr 12?? thanks.
yes. you can drop till like june 13 or something we got told. or maybe thats my school?
but i dropped extension 1 maths like week 9 of term 1

HSC
It really depends on how well you cope. You could do 11 units somehow: you could drop an extension and keep legal, or drop legal and pick up another extension; like i probably will with legal and english extension 2

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
just keep it im doing all ur subject cept instead of legal im doing economics and most likely keeping it in yr 12 mainly because its my best subject. if however you feel that having legal is absolutely useless then just drop it but it really depends on you
is that even a question?!?!?!
:headbang:do 10 !:headbang:

10> more stress
10< less stress

that's it!

mg23

HSC
ok.. so.. i do like legal, but i reckon it will be hard in the hsc, and the reward of the marks might not be worth the hardness of the work beforehand. and if i am the type if person who normally is pretty solid in exams, i usually dont bomb out or get majorly stressed, i will study till i am confident i know it all.. then 10?? also i am considering doing what want2beasenior said, maybe doing english ext 2?? anwyay.. thanks again everyone.. really helpful..

TBK11

HSC
i don't get why people go with extra units just my view on things, if you go with extra units you have no confidence in yourself cause you think you will bomb out as they say, also i reckon doing 10units is better say your doing 12units you get for
X 91/100
Y 86/100
just pretend those two are equal scaling subjects wouldn't it have been better to drop Y and get X to maybe 95 or 96/100
well thats how i see it anyway :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)